Ticket prices for Rochdale

Ticket prices for Rochdale

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Anyone know how much? Want to take a car full and hope to tempt a few part-timers along. Hopefully we will take a good few hundered along. My guess is around 350.
Wild Bill

Re: Ticket prices for Rochdale

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Howe Magic » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:53 pm

£20 for league two football is a total disgrace...you could get tickets for blackburn v sunderland last night in fa cup for £16 (Something wrong somewhere)
Howe Magic

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Agreed. Thought Rochdale were a decent northern club who would have some sensible prices. :roll: 20 quid for adults and 12 quid is plain stupid IMO. Two adults, two kids and some petrol alone is going to cost a whopping 85-90 quid for a few hours sat in the freezing cold. Don't think I will be able to justify this day out to the missus. :roll:

Football really needs to sort its act out in these tough times before fans disappear and clubs go under. A cap on wages and admission should be introduced for every league. It will never happen though because the Premiership would lose its top players to the other European leagues. I am so glad Kaka decided to put his career ahead of his bank balance. Anyone who thought he would be good for the English game is off their rocker!

As I heard someone say before on here, it should be a tenner to watch league two, 15 quid for league one, a twenty note for the Championship and 25 tops for the Premiership. Otherwise gates across the board are going to dwindle. Look no further than our gate on Tuesday if you need convincing.

How long before we see three figure league gates for football league games? Yet still players are earning thousands a week in this division and clubs are charging half a days wage for 90 minutes of football?

RANT OVER!! :twisted:
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 pm

...but are we the fans to partially blame for this situation?

We demand success.

To get that success clubs (to date) have spent heavily on players transfers and wages. Both players and their agents are reacting to our demand by asking for more amd more in terms of minimum salaries and bonus payments. In other words they are saying 'you want the best(?), then you have to pay us the big bucks to deliver'

It can't go on that's for sure. The day will come when more and more clubs will go out of business. Unless collectively the clubs have the balls to say enough is enough, the day of the demise of some is becoming nearer and nearer.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:22 pm

A child could go to 3 home matches at CP for the price of going to Rochdale alone. Discrace :(
Crooky MFC

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Totally agree CC. Leave it for the market to control wages; which has a knock-on effect to the prices clubs have to charge will eventually lead to disaster. Regulation is needed and action needs to be taken quickly before many teams go to the wall.

Fans need to decide whether they want a couple of seasons of success or a club that is there for a lifetime. I know which one I would choose.

I am over the moon that we are in the football league but feel a bit aggrieved that I am having to pick and choose the games I attend.
Wild Bill

Postby Aal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:42 pm

Last year I bought a family ticket at Spotland which was only a bit more than at Christie.
To my horror when I got in the ground we became aware that we were in amongst home fans. Stuck it out till half time.

Stewards told me there was no family ticket for away fans, but was thankfully allowed down the side.

Pricing needs to be seriously looked at.

I mean Rochdale is not an affluent area even. :cry:
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Curly » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:46 am

It's a bit steep, but spare a thought for Oxford fans,£22 and a league lower! ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby NorthernDale » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:22 am

Dale fan here. I can understand your frustration and most dale fans don't agree with the prices we charge for Division two footie. But the club has to balance the books and prices went up this year. Our police bill is partly to blame with Greater Manchester Police doubling it to £50,000 with the club having no choice but to pay it. And it is fans that have to pay it in the end. They did try some schemes with lower prices last season to see if crowds increased and they didn't. So they have to charge what it costs - and that will be true until some of the Premiership money starts reaching second division football.

If it's any consolation, there are now at least 6 clubs charging away fans £20 in this division and some charge that for sitting uncovered behind a goal. At least you get a decent seat at Spotland. I still hope you make the trip in decent numbers and that we get a cracking game.
NorthernDale

Postby campdave » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:22 am

Christies Child wrote:...but are we the fans to partially blame for this situation?

Yes, not because we demand success but because we bend over and pay it.
campdave

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Just been working out whether I can afford to go to Aldershot in a couple of weeks.

Aldershot offer discounts for HM Forces on production of a Service ID Card. As Service Personnel are quite well paid I don't really see why they should be given this concession over lesser paid local folk, ie the unemployed. But good for Aldershot. I'm sure quite a few 'pongos' take advantage, and the Club gets the financial benefit.

IMHO Shrimps attendances will diminish another 15-25% in the next 12 months mainly due to the crunch unless a little bit of thought is put into getting the turnstiles clicking. I've a couple of no-brain ideas, but I think you may have heard them from me before ;) .

Anyway I've worked out I can afford Aldershot, though it's a shame they don't have a concession for ex-servicemen. Perhaps if I take my Discharge Certificate :)

Which pub?
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Good job you're not Polish Pete the ex-serviceman, you'd be expecting to be paid to go in :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Football really needs to sort its act out in these tough times before fans disappear and clubs go under. A cap on wages and admission should be introduced for every league. It will never happen though because the Premiership would lose its top players to the other European leagues. I am so glad Kaka decided to put his career ahead of his bank balance. Anyone who thought he would be good for the English game is off their rocker

Platini is going to war with the Premier League about the money, it would seem he's trying to give the other clubs a chance in the Champions League
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nding.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Gnasher wrote:Good job you're not Polish Pete the ex-serviceman, you'd be expecting to be paid to go in :lol:

Can't be much fun taking photos of sparsely populated terraces Brian.
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Me? Take crowd photos? You've got the wrong person :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 pm

NorthernDale wrote:Our police bill is partly to blame with Greater Manchester Police doubling it to £50,000 with the club having no choice but to pay it.

I am sure we have had a fair increase in our policing bill too, but we can still charge the same for an adult as Rochdale charge for a child. :x

Maybe clubs should charge and extra quid or two to away fans who demand a large police presence. I doubt the game tomorrow will warrant more than a handful of coppers, so why should we cough-up for when big clubs with a more than their fair share of numpties show up? :?
Wild Bill

Postby Aal » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Do we have a policing bill?

Lance is always in civvies these days. :D
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:16 am

Nice to see it aint just Bradford that gets a bashing when it comes to pricing policy's.

When or if your new stadium ever comes about, I'm sure you guys will be quiet on the pricing issues as Morecambe will certainly hike the prices to off-set the runnings costs of a new stadium facility.
BCFC Morecambe

Postby marky » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:31 am

As the whole point of this move is to remove the club's reliance on match day income, I can't see prices being 'hiked' as you put it. A nominal increase, yes, to match the better facilities but no hike.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby campdave » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:06 pm

BCFC Morecambe wrote:Nice to see it aint just Bradford that gets a bashing when it comes to pricing policy's.

When or if your new stadium ever comes about, I'm sure you guys will be quiet on the pricing issues as Morecambe will certainly hike the prices to off-set the runnings costs of a new stadium facility.

I thought Bradford's argument was that it was fine to charge the earth if you had a nice stadium :roll:
campdave

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Wild Bill wrote:As I heard someone say before on here, it should be a tenner to watch league two, 15 quid for league one, a twenty note for the Championship and 25 tops for the Premiership. Otherwise gates across the board are going to dwindle. Look no further than our gate on Tuesday if you need convincing.

While I broadly agree with you, the point above actually contradicts your argument. As the cheapest club in the Football League, no one can say the reason for staying away is cost. In reality, we could probably have charged £15 for adults and £10 for kids and we would still have got the same number there on Tuesday. As I say, I agree in general with the points you make, but I don't think i is so straight forward.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:05 pm

We may be one of the cheapest clubs to watch but that doesn't make us cheap Keith! If we had charged more on Tuesday I believe there would have been even less through the gate.

My 15 year-old sister for example would probably not have gone if it was a tenner in. That's about what she earns a week from her paper round!

I think our 'hardcore' would diminish further if our prices went up. I am not saying we would get masses more each week if we reduced prices; but I think our prices are as high as we could realistically charge. That's why I was disappointed with Rochdale's silly ticket prices :twisted:
Wild Bill

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:37 pm

I can just about force myself to pay £20 for an adult ticket to watch Div 2 football but what really annoys me is the number of clubs ripping me off with kids prices. This across the board £12 for under 16's is crazy. If you have kids it virtually prices you out of attending away fixtures as a family and as my kids come to all the home games I won't leave them out at away games and so I pick and choose the away games we attend, hence a lot less than we would attend with sensible pricing policies.

The other thing that annoys me is that these very same clubs who rip off away fans often have incentives to get the home fans in such as 2 for 1 (Chesterfield), family tickets (numerous), blatant price differences at the home and away ticket purchase facilities for exactly the same standard of seating, (Rotherham) last season, and the reduced pricing incentives in place very rarely seem to apply to away fans.

Full marks to Macclesfield (let home and away kids in free last season), Lincoln who reduced prices for all on our last visit and Morecambe who just keep prices sensible for both adults and kids all the time.

The clubs who rip away fans off will hopefully soon lose more money than they would have made with realistic pricing policies due to folk just saying enough is enough!

Rant over.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby slackAlice » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:I can just about force myself to pay £20 for an adult ticket to watch Div 2 football but what really annoys me is the number of clubs ripping me off with kids prices. This across the board £12 for under 16's is crazy. If you have kids it virtually prices you out of attending away fixtures as a family and as my kids come to all the home games I won't leave them out at away games and so I pick and choose the away games we attend, hence a lot less than we would attend with sensible pricing policies.

The other thing that annoys me is that these very same clubs who rip off away fans often have incentives to get the home fans in such as 2 for 1 (Chesterfield), family tickets (numerous), blatant price differences at the home and away ticket purchase facilities for exactly the same standard of seating, (Rotherham) last season, and the reduced pricing incentives in place very rarely seem to apply to away fans.

Full marks to Macclesfield (let home and away kids in free last season), Lincoln who reduced prices for all on our last visit and Morecambe who just keep prices sensible for both adults and kids all the time.

The clubs who rip away fans off will hopefully soon lose more money than they would have made with realistic pricing policies due to folk just saying enough is enough!

Rant over.

Thats just about my thoughts exactly. The 'family football away day' has just about had it really. The Saturday match to say Rochdale is an easy one to get to but if I was taking 2 of my children @ £12 each its not so much I can't afford it - I'm just not prepared to pay it ; with fuel , eats & drinks. Its very sad IMO they love going and its OK the clubs saying its policing , overheads whatever - few familys are going to run to that.
A good tactic I've employed at various grounds esp Bradford [last 2 seasons] is when enquirying at the turnstile when they ask for £12 - say "HOW MUCH -he / she's only 7 / 8 " and start rooting for change - you'll nearly always get a big discount or they'll let them in for nowt.
I went to watch Bolton V P'mouth just before Xmas £15 for me and £5 each for the kids.
The Rochdale evening match now suits me now because I'll go alone - too late on a school night. But at weekends I want to do things that include the children and represent VFM and cost less - hence I'll be going to less away games which I actually prefer to home games.
slackAlice

Next

Return to General Discussion