Neil Wainwright v. Brentford

Neil Wainwright v. Brentford

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:06 am

I know a fair amount (if not all) players read this forum, and if you are reading this Neil, i thought you were superb last night and fully deserved your Man of the Match award.

The whole team played well of course but that was, for me, Neil's best perfomance to date for us. Some great runs and fantastic crosses when we all thought the ball would run out of play. Magnificent.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Neil Wainwright v. Brentford

Postby Mark S » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:12 am

I agree with Martin 100%. Glen and I both picked him out last night. he beat his man every time. I thought the Brentford defence didnt have an answer to him and were frightened to death of both Neil and Rene.

A pleasure to watch a great team effort, but Neil skinned it from Rene for me, with Drummy a close third.
Mark S

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:45 am

As one of his biggest critics, namely because of his distinct lack of strength, one will quite openly admit that i was very impressed with him too. One point to note though, with respect to Neil and his ability, one game doesn't make a season...i hope Neil takes confidence from last night and carries that on at Dale on Sat.

well played.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 am

Is it just me, but do others think that Rene's overall game and team play has improved 100% since the New Year? He's now showing his trickery and a willingness to chase everything (well almost :lol: )

Maybe he's putting himself in the 'shop window' for next season but on his current form I'd say that we should try eveything we can to convince him to stay with us. No doubt other teams will come sniffing but I'd like to think he sees a future 'up Norf' rather then 'darn Souf'....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Minder » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Yes I agree totally Sean , Rene has upped his game in the new year , he played very well at Chesterfield and apart from Accy (the whole side were sh**e) he has been excellent , Wainwright has also played very well for us this year and fully deserved his MOTM last night.

Has anyone heard the extent of Rene's injury ? Looked like the hamstring again , hope he won't be out too long especially when he is playing so well !!.
Christies Minder

Postby halfwayliner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:49 pm

That was the best perfomance Neil has given in a Morecambe shirt and deserved his mom award, as i said last week after the Accy match that he was doing token tackles what a difference last night well done.
halfwayliner

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:09 pm

was Neil playing on the left or the right?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Minder » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:11 pm

He was on the left again !! crosses were superb , he has two good feet !
Christies Minder

Postby halfwayliner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 pm

left
halfwayliner

Postby Posh » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 pm

I'm another who has criticised Neil Wainwright for some pretty poor performances this season. However with plenty of space to go at last night he really made the most of it. A superb performance by him and one that should give him bags of confidence for forthcoming matches. A settled side is helping him.

As regards Rene, I think he's got talent but he hasn't shown it consistently enough and only in patches in games. However these last two matches he's ran his socks off, dropped deep or wide and really really worked hard. He is ten times the player for it and the rewards of his effort are clear to see.

While loads played well last night, Adam Yates deserves another mention. Against a left winger and left back he controlled that side of the pitch, bar a couple of times when Arts and Fraser covered with Adam up the pitch. He's been excellent.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Just a question, is Howe still on loan or did we sign him?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Star08 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 pm

MoM was still Rene for me. Yes, he had some desultorary performances in Autumn but regularly showed flashes of flair and purpose which in recent games have been evident for most of the matches. Without him I doubt we'd have won so well last night...

All the players worked brilliantly as a team last night which was a pleasure to see, and it was great to see Jimbo back on form. Wainwright played better than he has all year so I hope the MoM boosts his confidence tenfold, hope that Rene's injury is minor and that he'll stay with the club.

Well done, lads! Keep up the good work! Sock it to 'em at Rochdale!
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby james456 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 pm

I thought he could have taken his man on a bit more but he did quite well overall - it was good to see him getting some good crosses in with his left foot.

People have slated Sammy, saying that Roche has been his only good signing but I've been happy with Wainwright. Now all we need is a left winger so Wainy can go back on the right where he should be.
james456

Return to General Discussion