Duffy???

Duffy???

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Duffy???

Postby Posh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:51 pm

As the deadline for transfers is 5pm, does this not make a deal impossible?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm

The emergency loan window opens next week and I think so he could sign under that and make it permanent in the close season.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:14 pm

the silly thing about the january window is that we can now sign mark duffy on loan till the end of season with a view to signing him in the summer (But all depends on the embargo been lifted)....
Howe Magic

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Is it a coincidence or should we be asking ourselves why Southport can keep unearthing gems and we can't? Is there something we need to do to improve our scouting system and/or is our youth development beginning to 'creak'?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm

i think he is a 50/50 wether we should sign him anyways will he be good enough or is it just another risk by sammy!!!! we need someone thou!
thegentlegiant

Postby Christies Child » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Keith wrote:Is it a coincidence or should we be asking ourselves why Southport can keep unearthing gems and we can't? Is there something we need to do to improve our scouting system and/or is our youth development beginning to 'creak'?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 76,00.html

No comment!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Keith wrote:Is it a coincidence or should we be asking ourselves why Southport can keep unearthing gems and we can't? Is there something we need to do to improve our scouting system and/or is our youth development beginning to 'creak'?

id say partly because, they live next door to Liverpool
George Dawes

Postby wijit » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Posh wrote:As the deadline for transfers is 5pm, does this not make a deal impossible?

There are a few hours grace due to the weather. Please don't ask why, but this is people like the FA we're dealing with........
wijit

Postby mellow » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Strangely, we used to look up the coast and think the same.

Carl Baker was signed by Liam Watson, Craaig Noone was signed by Liam Watson, Duffy was recommended to the club by Liam Watson. Can you spot a connection? :)

I think it's a case that we have very little money and often have to take a chance where others can pay for what they perceive as an experienced and complete player.

Liam spends a lot of time forging good relationships with clubs all over the north west and knows exactly who plays for who. Ask who played centre mid for Atherton LR at the weekend and he could probably tell you his age, his girlfriend's name and what side he dresses on!
mellow

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Ask who played centre mid for Atherton LR at the weekend and he could probably tell you his age, his girlfriend's name and what side he dresses on!

does this mean the above mentioned players girlfriend has a pecker????
PUNKISDEAD

Postby steve mfc » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:21 am

wijit wrote:
Posh wrote:As the deadline for transfers is 5pm, does this not make a deal impossible?

There are a few hours grace due to the weather. Please don't ask why, but this is people like the FA we're dealing with........

The extension only applies to premiership clubs.
steve mfc

Postby Gnasher » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 am

The league gave us permission to sign one player but the paperwork could not be completed in time :(

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 21,00.html
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 am

if the fa said we could bring in one player during the transfer window why oh why cant we bring in the same player on loan till end of season with a view to signing the guy full time then...
Howe Magic

Postby Gnasher » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 am

No reason why not but the loan window is also closed.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Embargo not lifted but permission given for one signing.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:31 pm

wijit wrote:

Useful to know rules here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7858372.stm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:43 pm

reading the rules - we can sign mark duffy from next monday on loan as the loan market does not affect league 1 and 2 clubs .... and seeing the fa said we could sign one player i take it that will be the case - roll on next monday
Howe Magic

Postby campdave » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Howe Magic wrote:reading the rules - we can sign mark duffy from next monday on loan as the loan market does not affect league 1 and 2 clubs .... and seeing the fa said we could sign one player i take it that will be the case - roll on next monday

Hopeful, but I assume we'd have to pay Southport a loan fee - otherwise there's nothing in the loan for them
campdave

Postby Gnasher » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:02 pm

reading the rules - we can sign mark duffy from next monday on loan as the loan market does not affect league 1 and 2 clubs .... and seeing the fa said we could sign one player i take it that will be the case - roll on next monday

Two different rulings. The embargo affects contract signings, not loans. As long as we stick to the loan rules, I think we can sign as many as we want. That, of course, assumes we haven't got our full quota of loan players already.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:10 pm

That must be frustrating for Sammy, especially as I seem to recall it has happened before.

Let's hope that the deal can be done re loan 'cause we certainly need to refresh the squad even though he's an unknown quantity. Maybe he's the type who will flourish from the quality around him.
Christies Child

Postby Curly » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Gnasher wrote:reading the rules - we can sign mark duffy from next monday on loan as the loan market does not affect league 1 and 2 clubs .... and seeing the fa said we could sign one player i take it that will be the case - roll on next monday

Two different rulings. The embargo affects contract signings, not loans. As long as we stick to the loan rules, I think we can sign as many as we want. That, of course, assumes we haven't got our full quota of loan players already.

IMO I think it would be a good idea to take Duffy on loan with a view to buy if satisfied with his performance, then we don't end up again "with a Carr parked on the bench" :lol: :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Gnasher » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm sure that's the deal, rules permitting, we'll do.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 pm

I understand from a club official we were 4 minutes late with getting the forms to the league. Mind you we were not alone. Even the so called mighty Leeds missed out by a few minutes.

Unsure about a loan deal as it appears that to take him on loan we have to get rid of another player by putting them out on loan.

Scrap the stupid transfer window. It serves nobody any good.
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion