Brentford game

Brentford game

Postby Star08 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:24 pm

What are the chances of us having a good game against Brentford? In the past we seem to have played better against teams higher up the league than we have against those lower down so I wonder if we'll build on Saturday's game and play well on Tuesday? What does anyone else think?
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Re: Brentford game

Postby Gnasher » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Same team, 3 completely different performances.

At the moment as the occassional flake of snow goes past the window down Christie, I'll settle for the game being on on Tuesday.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Brentford is going to be one hell of a tough game! The boy Jordon Rhodes, on-loan from Ipswich where he has so far played mainly reserve football, was in September on a month loan at Rochdale and he scored 2 goals in 5 games and now at Brentford has played 3 games in a little over 1 week and scored 4 :!: (including a hat trick at the Shrews on Saturday). With him and Charlie McDonald up front, who has also scored 10 in 25 games, Roach could be very busy :?:
nobbyshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:14 pm

We tend to do better against the good teams who come to Christie and open up the game rather than teams who close us down.
The pitch was dreadful yesterday and was not conducive to good football. On the assumption that we need Rovers reserves to use Christie for commercial reasons maybe our reserves could play elsewhere next season to keep the pitch in good nick.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:27 pm

it will be a tough game on tuesday just like all games in league two....but this is a brentford side who lost at macclesfield two weeks ago and also lost in the fa cup at barrow
Howe Magic

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Howe Magic wrote:it will be a tough game on tuesday just like all games in league two....but this is a brentford side who lost at macclesfield two weeks ago and also lost in the fa cup at barrow

.....aye, maybe they don't like it up North 'mongst flat caps!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Howe Magic wrote:it will be a tough game on tuesday just like all games in league two....but this is a brentford side who lost at macclesfield two weeks ago and also lost in the fa cup at barrow

Aye and it's also a Brentford side who are second in the league and beat Shrewsbury 3-1 away at the weekend
broadwayshrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:15 pm

And also a Brentford team who have gained more points away from home this season than Morecambe have earned at home. I will be more than happy with a point, over the moon with 3 :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Morecambe 2 Brentford 0

Artell
Twiss

Before Brentford can settle we should stick Artell up front, Drummond in centre of defence and bombard Arts with high balls. Once we have scored after 15 minutes, revert to 5...3...2 and football them to death.
OvertheBar

Postby John L » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:06 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:With.... Charlie McDonald up front, who has also scored 10 in 25 games, Roach could be very busy :?:

I'm sure McDonald will get a "special" Christie Park welcome, in recognition of him "declining" to join us last summer. :twisted:
John L

Postby Mark S » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 pm

John L wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:With.... Charlie McDonald up front, who has also scored 10 in 25 games, Roach could be very busy :?:

I'm sure McDonald will get a "special" Christie Park welcome, in recognition of him "declining" to join us last summer. :twisted:

But will Robbie Fowler be spotted inside him? :o
Mark S

Postby John L » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Mark S wrote:
John L wrote:

....only through binoculars from CC's bush! ;)
John L

Postby Paul Mac » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 pm

John L wrote:
Mark S wrote:
John L wrote:I'm sure McDonald will get a "special" Christie Park welcome, in recognition of him "declining" to join us last summer. :twisted:

....only through binoculars from CC's bush! ;)

Is it just me that feels slightly nauseous?
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby sgt major » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:25 am

Talking of bushes - Paul Mac has something resembling a bush on his head at the moment ;)
sgt major

Postby Paul Mac » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:42 pm

sgt major wrote:Talking of bushes - Paul Mac has something resembling a bush on his head at the moment ;)

:D :lol:
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:12 pm

I will remain optimistic and say we will get a 1 - 1 draw.
thegentlegiant

Return to General Discussion