Jim Bentley Out

Jim Bentley Out

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Same old rubbish. I know we have had a 3 month break but lets not forget the past. Totally inept against 10 men!
Last edited by Teams like Morecambe on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teams like Morecambe

Re: Bentley out

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Now I know who you are, you should be ashamed after one game.
Having said that, the Manager has a lot of sorting out to do.
Massive reaction against him and the players today after the game, having sung and supported for most of the afternoon.
Good to meet you and Morecambe Jack have a safe journey back with Sammys Babe ;)
Last edited by marky No.1 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby thedoc » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Who is going to do any better?
thedoc

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Here we go again...... :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby bill ding » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Let's see what the new owners (if there is such a thing) have to say !
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:08 pm

At least he had the balls to admit that we deserved nowt to Quinny on Radio Lancashire.

Same old excuses about decision making and shambolic defensive play.

Can't for the life of me why Ellison stayed on for the entire game. Somebody who went PLEASE tell me he played OK..... :o :o :o

Long hard season ahead. Let's hope KS is right about Take Over and that they take some positive action to improve things.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Positive action being what though??

There won't be a pot of gold to strengthen the team.

No other manager would want or be able to come in and manage under the current restraints.

We need EVERYONE to pull together this season or the unthinkable will happen :(
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Positive action being what though??

No other manager would want or be able to come in and manage under the current restraints.

There is always some out of work manager / idiot who wants to get back into the game...even at our level.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Jettyson » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Starting with a sole 5 ft 8 striker againt big centre halves is inviting the unthinkable,at least Stockton has the physique to make them work.
Jettyson

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Positive action being what though??

I don't think sacking Jim & Ken after one game is the answer, it is too soon, however, if these mistakes carry on with losing matches, then I would want as a fan changes. We don't know the circumstances of any takeover, so very hard for us to even contemplate sacking Jim. However would the new ownership want us to lose week in week out when they have just pumped money into the club, I very much doubt it. Plenty of managers out of work who would do Jim's job, nobody is irreplaceable in any job & we don't know for sure what the new owners want. That is if KS is correct which up to now he has. ;)
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby KenH » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:43 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:I don't think sacking Jim & Ken after one game is the answer, it is too soon,

It's not one game though is it? It was the second half of last season, and the season before, and this Summer's friendlies. How many chances do you give? As I said after the friendlies, it was "same old" - just a few different faces doing the same thing.
KenH

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:53 pm

I stood watching the first half against PNE and it hit me, it was virtually the same squad with the exception of our two best players from last season and a couple of like for like new signings. It was the same old clueless football with no visable game plan that we have seen for the last two seasons. I personally think we will always struggle with Jim in charge and I fear it will be the same IF he was handed a larger war chest from any new owner.
BerlinWaller

Postby jon MFC fan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:56 pm

how about stupid negative shit should be kicked out of this forum i really have had it since last season even im trying to be positive but no every fucking time im on here just negative shite being posted all the god damned time even after three damn months you can not judge a team on bloody performance 9 players left during the summer we have brought in replacements they need time to gel when murphy is fit maybe we could have him rose and wildig which may just be strong enough to keep the ball and get the second balls just a idea Rant Over!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Mark my words, we NEED to stick together this season and support the whole club.

I can see the inevitable happening and unless we get behind everyone and support, it's going to happen sooner than we expected.

We fought for years to get to this position. The Football League.

These lads and manager need backing, not constant slagging.

Just my opinion.
Seasider9601

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:11 pm

Got to admit I am worried. Can't see us changing manager without a change of ownership, but if this has again fallen through, then its going to be a long, hard struggle against the drop this season.

Its not the players that Jim manages to bring in (for me he's actually pretty handy in the transfer market), its the tactics he employs. What I can't understand the most though is how a man who was such an awesome defender can't seem to get our defence right as a manager.

Anyway, lets see where we are at after 10 games before sending out the lynch mob for Jim.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Do we not judge Jim on last season aswell or is it a clean slate now?

As for his transfer dealings, I am not impressed as yet. Yes he has brought in some good players but he hasn't addressed our short comings. We are still painfully slow with no speed merchant in the side. We have lost our one source of creativity and it looks like a lad who was deemed not good enough last season will be the new play maker. Worrying times, spanking the Lashers 6-0 might cheer me up a bit though!
BerlinWaller

Postby red shrimp » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Same old Morecambe!! Same old crap!! Same old members moaning because people are saying Bentley out!!

I can't bring myself to spend £20 to watch terrible passionless football any more, I won't be attending as long as Bentley is in charge. People saying who else would take the job , you're idiots!! Plenty of managers out their would be interested!! Bentley is the luckiest man in the world , gash season after gash season, and still nothing changes! Spineless owners unwilling to sack there "friend"...

One game in , and a terrible performance against ten men , so be it quite late in the game but still!
From what I seen of the highlights it could've been 6!! Terrible defending throughout by the looks of it , and obviously nothing up front!

People who come on here saying we're a small club punching above our weights , and we've no money blah blah blah , bore off!!!!!! You need to open you're deluded eyes and give your heads a wobble!!

We're an established league 2 team currently going in reverse. Jim isn't a manager and never has been!!
Going know where under the guidance of Jim, he's no idea what he's doing , he must wake up every morning and have a little chuckle to himself and thank his lucky stars that the board are gutless!!

1st thing the new owners should do (if they come) is walk into jims office with a P45 and say thank you very much , but do one now please!!

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
red shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:54 pm

red shrimp wrote:Same old Morecambe!! Same old crap!! Same old members moaning because people are saying Bentley out!!

I can't bring myself to spend £20 to watch terrible passionless football any more, I won't be attending as long as Bentley is in charge. People saying who else would take the job , you're idiots!! Plenty of managers out their would be interested!! Bentley is the luckiest man in the world , gash season after gash season, and still nothing changes! Spineless owners unwilling to sack there "friend"...

One game in , and a terrible performance against ten men , so be it quite late in the game but still!
From what I seen of the highlights it could've been 6!! Terrible defending throughout by the looks of it , and obviously nothing up front!

People who come on here saying we're a small club punching above our weights , and we've no money blah blah blah , bore off!!!!!! You need to open you're deluded eyes and give your heads a wobble!!

We're an established league 2 team currently going in reverse. Jim isn't a manager and never has been!!
Going know where under the guidance of Jim, he's no idea what he's doing , he must wake up every morning and have a little chuckle to himself and thank his lucky stars that the board are gutless!!

1st thing the new owners should do (if they come) is walk into jims office with a P45 and say thank you very much , but do one now please!!

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in a nutshell............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:41 am

New season, new players same tactics and style of play.The nightmare that is 2016 continues! Only 45 games to go :shock:
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby bill ding » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:23 am

Let's hope they are not the last 45 league games :(
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby MfcChris » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:33 am

We are going to lose more than we win this season and probably will get relegated or very close.

Can't we just try and remain positive. Tell yourself it is our time to get relegated and everything else is a bonus!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:38 am

Oh ye of little faith.

One league game played.

Away from home to a newly promoted team who are on a high and have momentum and 6,000 fans urging them on.

We lost our first league game away last season again 2-0 and things improved from then.

Look at Plymouth and Newport , both let 3 in at home. They won't be calling for their managers' heads. The Plymouth one just got a 4 year contract !

Better times are coming , take my and Kendalshrimp's word for it :D :D :D :D
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:52 am

We spent most of last season being told to wait and watch Jim turn it around. Jim can not turn it around, we got dicked in pre season and looked pretty ordinary in the games we didn't. I didn't go yesterday but the Grimsby fans are telling people to put their cash on us to go down and the fans who I have spoke to who went said we were awful.

I am afraid it will be another season of the pro Bentley brigade telling us how lucky we are and what sort of true supporter would sit back and accept the club will probably be relegated rather than see a Manager lose his job and somebody new given a chance?
BerlinWaller

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:55 am

We have only played one league game and we are relegation material. Grimsby were favourites just being promoted to the football league after 6 years in the wilderness & having 6k crowd. We don't know what is round the corner, hopefully kendalshrimp is right once again and we can look forward to this season more. I don't believe that some of the players brought in are inexperienced you only have to look at Turner & Dunn that they can cut it at league 2 level. Jim may yet add & we may be taken over then hopefully we won't have this negative attitude we are relegations favourites. Jim may have not learnt from last season but at the moment in the situation we are in our current board will not sack anyone due to lack of finances. Hopefully though KS is right. ;)
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:01 am

Sometimes the hardest thing about a problem is admitting you have one!
BerlinWaller

Next

Return to General Discussion