Team for saturday....

Team for saturday....

Postby Howe Magic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 am

i know this might be a bit adventurous but this is the team i would go for on saturday 4-3-3 roche yates bentley artell adams wainwright stanley drummond twiss (in a free role) taylor howe subs davies hunter ocarroll blinkhorn and mcclachlan what does everyone else think about that ???
Howe Magic

Re: Team for saturday....

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 am

I do not mean to be rude, but where is the bold change in our regular line up in your brave new adventure here apart from Taylor?
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Howe Magic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:30 am

well for a start going from a 5-3-2 system to a 4-3-3 system also giving twissy a free role just behind a front two...its just an idea thats all maybe a bit more attacking than a 5-3-2 but hey i am not a manager - whatever formation we play i am sure the players and management will try there best to get a positive result...
Howe Magic

Postby Pandashrimp » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:56 am

I think a free role for twissy behind a front two would suit him best. Last year when Thommo was out and we had fewer options wide, we played a similar system and i recall brought perhaps two of our best league performances, away at Grimsby and at home to bury. We had a front three of twissy, Baker and Newby with Twiss and Baker rotating who dropped in the hole.
So with GK and back 4 obvious id go with an industrious midfield of Drummond, Stanners and if fit Hunter. Followed by a free to do what the hell he likes Twiss roaming behind Howe and O'Carroll.
Pandashrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 am

Get curtis back on the left wing making some of those forward runs and he may even cut in and nick a goal I think we have missed him more than we realise and put wainwright on the wright with Twiss just behind Howe.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Harry » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:04 pm

I think a lot of the thinking behind giving us 3 or 5 defenders (depending how you think) as opposed to playing a flat 4 is that it gives us more in the middle to compensate for our lack of pace. Last year opposing strikers were tearing through Bentley and Artell/McStay, but this season you can see they're struggling more.
Harry

Postby Abbo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:02 pm

I will admit that i called for Sammy's head and wanted to disembowel the whole team apart from Barry after tuesday night, but i doubt that they could play as badly again, so i think the same team that started on tuesday night should start tmw, the reason being that the boss will have laid into them and if any of them do read SV then they will know that 98% of us were discusted with there performance and they hopefully will try to redeem themselfs.
Abbo

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:17 pm

id play 2 wingers upfront in a 4 3 3 formation like this

Wainwright - Howe - Twiss

getting plenty of crosses in across the goal mouth
George Dawes

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Leaving Danny Adams exposed with only 3 in the middle would be sucicide - our back 4 are not mobile enough to cope with runners from midfield - I don't think we can afford to put 3 up front against most sides in this division but I do agree Twiss playing just off Rene could work as they can both hold the ball up and allow others to get forward.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby ezz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:45 pm

1-roche
2-yates
3-bentley
4-artell/mcstay (if fit)
5-Anyone but adams
6- wainwright
7-drummond
8-stanley
9-Taylor (left mid)
10-Twiss (playing behind Howe
11-Howe
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby dford » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:46 pm

3-2-3-2

Roche

Yates, Bentley Artell

Fraser, Drummond - Defensive minded

Wainwright Stanley Hunter

Twiss Howe
dford

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Leaving Danny Adams exposed with only 3 in the middle would be sucicide - our back 4 are not mobile enough to cope with runners from midfield - I don't think we can afford to put 3 up front against most sides in this division but I do agree Twiss playing just off Rene could work as they can both hold the ball up and allow others to get forward.

a 4 3 3 what can revert to a 4 5 1, it's scoring goals whats Morecambe's problem, the defense is just about OK for L2..

wingers are what Morecambe need!
George Dawes

Postby cragbankshrimp » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Don't panic. When we played 4-3-3 earlier on in the season we were awful and Danny Adams was exposed week on week. Since changing to 5-3-2 we have started to pick up points and only LAST SATURDAY got a great result at Chesterfield. Tuesday was an embarrasment, but every team has a game like that once in a while.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:49 pm

OK then 3 4 3 then fatty wont get exposed :lol:
George Dawes

Postby philbigmfcfan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:33 am

3-2-3-2

Roche

Yates, Bentley Artell

Fraser, Drummond - Defensive minded

Wainwright Stanley Hunter