Just got back.

Just got back.

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:07 pm

No pace, no passion, no skill, no desire.............................. I could go on! Only Barry Roche came out of that with any credit. On that showing a clear out is needed if we are to avoid a relegation battle next season. Accrington were better than us in every department. A thoroughly depressing evening!!!!
Last edited by Burnley Shrimp on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnley Shrimp

Re: Just got back.

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 pm

spineless,gutless,no passion or pride what happened to the team i watched on satuirday,this was one ot the worst away performances it has been my displeasure to see.After 45 minutes i thought surely we can only improve but we did not.But for rochey we would have been 3-0 down after 10 minutes.
it is no wonder we are near the bottom of the league and totally unable to string back to back wins together.If i had not been at chesterfield i would be totally disillusioned with this lot
get a grip morecambe,the lack of passion is seriously worrying
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Accrington domination

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Totally outfaught; outplayed; out thought; out muscled.

A very , very poor showing from the entire team. Had it not been for Barry Roach Accy would have and should have won by a country mile.

In the first half alone they had at least 10 shots all on target. Distance didn't matter. 20, 25, 30, 35 yards whenever our defence gave them room they had a shot. As for us, I can't racall a single attempt on goal other than a Matty header near the clsoe.

We seemd to want to play too much football and our season long inability to have a pop was in stark contrast to Accy.

You would have thought that we would have learned from Accrington's Ryan in the first half who was my MoM without doubt. He dictated paly from start to finish and it was fitting from an Accy point of view that his multiple efforts on goal of the first half were rewarded with a match winning goal in the second. Our defence just opened up in fornt of him and from fully 35 yards .....BANG... 1-0!

I find it hard to understand why Sammy didn't appear to put a man on Ryan in the second half. If he did then it failed miserably.

Make no mistake this was an absolute dire performance by our lads and Accy deserved the points and in truth should have won by even more, such was their dominance.

A bad night for all concerned.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Dire. Nothing created, nobody closed down, midfield was non existant, Sammy yet again didnt make changes until too late.
james456

Postby Abbo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 pm

iI havnt been so angry after watching Morecambe Football Club for a very long time. apart from Roach every player out there tonight was a embarresment, there are far to many players in that team that know they will get a game every week no matter how bad they play, i think the buck stops with the manager and if he has anything about him he will resign, and its not only tonight we have had far to many bad displayes but tonights was the worst of the lot.
Abbo

Postby Martin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:15 pm

There can be no defending that performance. It's not as if Accrington played any differently to the way they always do against us - pace, commitment and a willingness to close down at every opportunity. Exactly the qualities we lacked throughout. We should have been better prepared for them and ready to battle!

John Coleman must have wondered how the three points weren't wrapped up by half time; we had Barry Roche to thank for that - he was outstanding. As for the rest of the team, barely any of them came away with any credit. It was a worryingly dire display from start to finish.

I didn't go to Chesterfield, but I feel for those who did and tried to fathom how the same team could go from what was by all accounts a good performance on Saturday to the inept turn out tonight.
Last edited by Martin on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

Re: Accrington domination

Postby Martin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Christies Child wrote:I find it hard to understand why Sammy didn't appear to put a man on Ryan in the second half. If he did then it failed miserably.

The way we played tonight I don't think we had a man on anybody!
Martin

Postby Hodgie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:23 pm

How the hell can we show no passion in a derby game yet John Coleman always has his lads fired up for us.
Hodgie

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Dire to say the least, we created nothing at all and far to many players simply went through the motions showing neither commitment, desire or inventiveness. Only Barry could hold his head up after this shambles but for his saves this could have been a massacre.
Dont know how sammy lifts the boys after this one perhaps kicking a few up the arse and a good old clearout at the end of the season???????? :x :x :x :x
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Harry » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Artell, Adams and McLachlan should IMO be dropped for the next game. In what eventually cost us thankfully only one goal, they backed off every attack, inviting them onto us and waiting for them to make a move. I didn't see any of them make a tackle all game yet they are supposed to be some of our most defensive players!

A good deal of the passing was also woeful tonight. Instead of passing into the spaces we were giving the ball away at every opportunity, and when we did give the ball to a team-mate everyone else was too deep to mount a counter-attack in our team starved of pace.

In a line, the team played shit and they know it. Let's hope Sammy has them on double shifts and it improves come Saturday.
Harry

Postby Hodgie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:32 pm

My only worry is that it was about this time last year when Sammy said he would have to make changes to the team because he could see us going down with that team

1 year on and are we any better?
Hodgie

Postby marky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:45 pm

Harry wrote:Artell, Adams and McLachlan should IMO be dropped for the next game

Who would replace them? Don't forget we have a striker heavy squad (5 of them in tonight's 16!). Hunter could replace McLachlan but unless you fancy giving Bell a debut then that's it cos McStay, Parrish and Howard aren't fit.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:46 pm

[quote="Harry"]Artell, Adams and McLachlan should IMO be dropped for the next game. In what eventually cost us thankfully only one goal, they backed off every attack, inviting them onto us and waiting for them to make a move. I didn't see any of them make a tackle all game yet they are supposed to be some of our most defensive players!

We have been backing off teams in midfield and defence since our first ever game in the football league against Barnet. I thought at the time as we settled into the league and the pace of it we would learn but 2 seasons on and we still do the same every single game.

I am still waiting for these players sammy was bringing in to imrpove last seasons squad as I can't see any apart from Roche.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:48 pm

marky wrote:
Harry wrote:Artell, Adams and McLachlan should IMO be dropped for the next game

Who would replace them? Don't forget we have a striker heavy squad (5 of them in tonight's 16!). Hunter could replace McLachlan but unless you fancy giving Bell a debut then that's it cos McStay, Parrish and Howard aren't fit.

Go back to 4-4-2 with wainwright and Twiss on the wings and have mcstay and Jimbo in defence. When curtis is back put Curtis on the left wianwright on the right and twiss in the middle behind Howe.

P/T Indie

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:50 pm

No creativity
No passion
No desire to win
Strolling around the pitch like its a training game at times.

100% different from Saturday, apart from Roche....outstanding as always.
Crooky MFC

Postby Harry » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Didn't know Parrish wasn't fit, but Hunter has shown enough when I've seen him come on the past couple of times to really be challenging McLachlan, who is having less impact than he did when we first changed formations.

I don't see why we can't give Bell a chance some time, instead of letting him drift with the reserves for a season then being released like the youth players we signed last season.
Harry

Postby skyecat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:01 am

A really bad night on the pitch - Except for Roche.
In my mind (and the 3 I was with) Roche saved us from being about 3 down in the first half. Whenever we saw him in action - he was at full stretch tipping the ball over or wide.
The only thing I can think of that stopped the ball from going in the net - is the fact that Roche could see the ball coming from the player who struck it - which means that no Morecambe player was in the way - is that a good thing or not?

Also, I thought Twiss was going to make a difference and he and Howe would be a force to be reckoned with after Saturdays performance along with Stanners - but I get the feeling that Howe is holding up the ball to pass to a striker - mmmm thoughts?
I`m not Manager, I don`t have a wealth of experience on the pitch, but from what I can see, the ball is being played "to" the front line, rather than over their heads for them to sharply turn and run onto.
the odd occasion that maybe Bentley played the ball into the corners, nobody was there - they hadn`t seen the opportunity to run into space.

So, when we have the ball, we passed it to Accy, when they had the ball, we didn`t close them down quick enough and allowed them to pass the ball freely - I`ve not looked, but the posession must have been about 70:30 in favour of Accy.

We were practising the shots on goal prior to the match, but didn`t really get the chance to put it into action.

Wainright didn`t sem to want the ball - wasn`t quick enough and didn`t appear to have the skill or speed to run at his marker let alone past him.

When Hunter came on, his first 4 touches of the ball were quality - 2 tackles to put the ball out of play and let the team regroup, deep in our own half and another couple of tackles to lay the ball of to the midfield - all in the space of about 30 seconds - to which he got a great cheer - why was he only played for the last 10 minutes or so?

Sorry, rant over...
I took a friend from work who`d never seen Morecambe play before and he was more than a little disappointed in what he saw.

I have no answers, just more than a few questions!
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:11 am

Crooky MFC wrote:No creativity
No passion
No desire to win
Strolling around the pitch like its a training game at times.

100% different from Saturday, apart from Roche....outstanding as always.

That's pretty much what Paul Mullen said about us on the radio lancs commentary which is embaressing when it comes from an Accy player.

Think he said there was no creativity and urgency (there hasn't been for most of the season)and as we weren't getting anywhere we had resorted to playing the long ball.

P/T Indie

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:15 am

fickle supporters some of you
get behind the lads saturday i mean really get behind them
its all ups and downs you know it i
we have back to back games coming up
some you win some you lose
never any different watching football
granted we were poor tonight but im sorry accy werer really top notch tonight much to their fans surprise
a win saturday and the back slappers will be back
as i say fickle some of you

morecambe till i die???????????
or morecambe till next week
Shrimpsscene

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:19 am

well said sean - 1 game does not make a season....we had some awful games in the conference the year we got promoted does anyone remember tamworth and altrincham at home....
Howe Magic

Postby steve mfc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 am

If i had to sum up that performance in one word it would be embarrassing, that's the first time i haven't applauded the team off in a very very long time, apart from Barry Roche who was immense.

We always seem to play badly there but tonight we excelled ourselves with a totally inept performance, Lacklustre from the start, no passion, closing down was like the movement off the ball almost non existent.

Sammy slated the players for their performance against Gillingham but that was far better than what we saw tonight, its not often that i feel this down and angry after a game, lets just hope we don't have another one like for a very long time.
steve mfc

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:24 am

I never went tonight shrimpscene, but in my opinion you are being a bit crawly to the players here, the fans expressing their opinions on here that did go, using their time and hard earned money, are very entitled to give their thoughts on their team that they WILL be supporting on saturday, GOOD ON THE AWAY SUPPORT, YOU ALL GOT PISS WET THROUGH AND ARE ENTITLED TO AIR YOUR OPINIONS!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby bigreddog » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:32 am

There are always going to be ups and downs as sean rightly says. I get the impression that the real concern isn't one that is isolated to one game or performance, it's the fact that the squad we have this season is not as strong as last year (I'm choosing my words carefuly), and we have a transfer embargo with no end in sight. Does that mean we'll be weaker next season? If so we'll be up the creek without a paddle. You can't hope to survive, and that is our priority in the real world, if your squad/team gets worse year on year. No disrespect to the current staff or the management, but ultimately maybe our scouting needs improving. we have to go for players we can afford, and it will always be a bit hit and miss (every manager signs the odd turkey) but we can't afford to get 4 or 5 every summer.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby skyecat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:37 am

Like PUNKISDEAD says - we did go and are entitled to our opinion, but also like Shrimpscene says - Morecambe till I die - or Morecambe till next week?
Does tonight mean I won`t go on Saturday - NO
Does tonight mean I have gone off supporting Morecambe - NO
Does tonights performance leave me with a few questions and want to see better? - YES

If we all get behind the team, question nothing, can`t view our opinions and are to be happy, whatever the outcome - why go? - let it happen anyway and have a chilled out night listening to the radio, watching the updates on skysports or whatever - or listen in online etc - We go because we care - We comment because we care.
I truly want them to bounce back on Saturday and show what they can do.

Right, i`m off to bed I think - work tomorrow - another day.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:40 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:I never went tonight shrimpscene, but in my opinion you are being a bit crawly to the players here, the fans expressing their opinions on here that did go, using their time and hard earned money, are very entitled to give their thoughts on their team that they WILL be supporting on saturday, GOOD ON THE AWAY SUPPORT, YOU ALL GOT PISS WET THROUGH AND ARE ENTITLED TO AIR YOUR OPINIONS!!

crawl to noone mate noone at all players were poor tonight save for barry
and ill say that to their faces they accept that as sammy will
we got outplayed start to finish
accept that sometimes we meet teams who play good football
players read this drivel on here including my drivel
they know how bad they were tonight
it happens sin football sadly
all im saying is
one bad result like tonight we get from time to time
i saw how good we were on saturday at chesterfield
the same people lauding us on saturday night have a big pop tonight
thats my drift nothing personal against yourself or the fans who got wet through tonight and thats a disgrace theres no cover for away fans
im as frustrated because ive got to get the reports and pics for saturdays programme so i cant escape it mate
and im pissed off
but we bounce back as jimbo would say and we will
cheers sean

if youre still passionate about your team
you want to chat and give your views and do some commentary then please everyone get in touch
seanoconnor@morecambefc.com
for commentaries and analysis on morecambe world

mark and freez enjoyed themselves and will be back so get in touch and ill talk you through it to add your views an d comments on morecambe world
Shrimpsscene

Next

Return to General Discussion