I dont suppose anyone will agree

I dont suppose anyone will agree

Postby Abbo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 pm

But i really do think Bentley has been strugglinga bit over the past few games, i thought the Bratfurd centre forward Conlon had Jim in his pocket when we played them, in the game against Gillingham i thought Jim was at fault for there goal and having seen the goals from saturdays game he again was at fault. He will have his hands full again against Mullin tmw night.
Abbo

Re: I dont suppose anyone will agree

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 pm

I think our best centre back is McStay, jimbo seems more at ease next to him with 5 at the back
PUNKISDEAD

Postby shrimper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:13 pm

I think we're fortunate to have all three. Jim did well against Gritton and Lester on Saturday, even if he occasionally got beat in the air he made sure that they didn't get the second ball.

Him and big Arts (who had a great game) played their part very well in a good performance.

Their goal was well-worked, give them some credit for that, I didn't put it down to anyone at fault. They didn't get much joy apart from that.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:30 pm

ditto what shrimper said
their goal was well worked
our defence solid on saturday and big jim was a tower alongside arts
all round team performance on saturday
same again tomorrow night please
Shrimpsscene

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:32 pm

You had to be at Chesterfield tbh, him and Artell were amazing, so was everyone! Without Jimbo I think we'd be in a worse position than we are now, he gives the team that confidence and belief, that's why hes the captain.
Crooky MFC

Postby wijit » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:43 pm

At our level, and we have to be honest about exactly what our level is, we are extremely lucky to have Jim in our team. He is the next best thing to getting a gang of builders in to pt a wall at the edge of the 18 yard box. He is a natural leader and even if his own game is off he makes sure those around him still have a bit going on. If we were to prgress, then we may need to look at replacing several of the squad, but right now I'd rather have him on our team than coming up against him!
wijit

Postby Dazzer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:45 am

Abbo wrote: He will have his hands full again against Mullin tmw night.

I've always felt that Mullin is the type of striker thet Jimbo is happier against. If he's ever found wanting, to me, it's against the smaller trickier type of player, where his lack of pace and manoeuvraibilty can go against him.
So, I'm not worried about him tonight (Prepares to have egg on face approx 10.00p.m. :oops: )
Last edited by Dazzer on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzer

Postby Christies Minder » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 pm

I was at the game at Chesterfield on Saturday and both Jim and Arts were excellent. Having seen the replays of the goals on TV since, I thought Jim was impeded then fouled by Gritton in the lead up to their goal.
Christies Minder

Postby james456 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:43 pm

He's getting on a bit but I think he can still play an important part in the squad. If nothing else, he marshalls the team well which is a quality he isnt going to lose.
james456

Postby Martin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:19 pm

james456 wrote:he marshalls the team well which is a quality he isnt going to lose.

That's right. You realise how much he's needed in the team when he's not playing. The defence as a unit is less solid without his leadership.
Martin

Postby sgt major » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 pm

I think our defensive frailties are down to one thing that is running through the whole side - consistency - we just dont have it. I hope we have some tonight and dont lose against the Dingles.
sgt major

Postby james456 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:57 pm

If we had Chris Blackburn still, I think our defence would be near perfect.
james456

Return to General Discussion