Breaking news on official site now

Re: Breaking news on official site now

Postby Posh » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Freez wrote:Insert "crap accent" joke here!

Irish fella goes to the doctor's and says. "Dahcter, oive got ten poonds sticking out a ma arse". Doctor gets him to pull his pants down, takes a look and says, "why yes you have old chap" (he was from West Dublin).

He pulls out the tenner and a fiver appears, he pulls that out and a twenty appears (ar we up to a monkey or a pony yet geezer - sorry getting confused) and more notes just keep coming out. "You're a veritable human cashpoint my good man", exclaims the doctor. "Will yus get the feckers out dahctor".

Finally the doctor pulls out a note and no more appears. "Will how much is dare dahcter?". The doctor counts it up and says, "£1,990".

"Ack I knew I wasn't feelin too grand."

*hides*
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:02 pm

:oops:

Sorry - I was in the process of thinking 'why didn't we hold onto Carr for a bit as bait to offer Southport for Duffy'.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby BHmfc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Carr was given several games at the start of the season in place of Stanley, but he was simply just not good enough. Mcllroy took a chance on the lad (as he did with Baker) but this time it didn't work out. I think the only mistake was to give him a two year contract.
BHmfc

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:45 pm

shrimper wrote::oops:

Sorry - I was in the process of thinking 'why didn't we hold onto Carr for a bit as bait to offer Southport for Duffy'.

Maybe it was suggested but Michael proboably sees his future at least at Conf level.
Alty?

However, I've a feeling that he may have no other choice then ending up at Southport.....which would be a good replacement for Duffy....although I'm not totally convinced that Duffy would do a job for us.

I seem to recall saying something along those lines about a certain Carl Baker.

Shows that I know FA about football I suppose..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Not suprised. Yes, Sammy has made mistakes with some of his signings but he got us where we are now so he's allowed to make a few slip ups.

Carr maybe didnt have much of a chance to prove himself but he's never going to be a brilliant player and from what we did see of him, I wasn't too impressed. He was expendable and I feel Sammy was right to release him in these circumstances.

McCann Im not sure about. I thought he was poor in the central midfield role but seemed to find his feet a bit as a right wing back. Still, I'd rather have Yates in the squad over him so Im not too disappointed.

When the embargo is lifted and we are in a position to sign players again, I'd like us to make a move for Duffy. Unfortunately, I don't think we're the only league side looking for his signature.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:21 pm

the thing with McCann compared to hunter, bell, fraser etc. he was probably on a lot more money in his contract

like D O'Carrol i can see him going this month
George Dawes

Postby MikeB » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:29 pm

McCann has signed for Queen of the South.
MikeB

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:50 pm

I agree about Bell, I know personally that he is crap, but Hunter could definately still do a job for us. Michael Carr seemed too lightweight and didn't really offer much. Ryan McCann would have been on my list of players to keep pending a large clear-out, a good tough player with a good attitude. He never got his chance in the centre of midfield yet always looked dangerous on the right. Can't say I'm too happy with the decision to release him but pleased he has gone back to a club he can call 'home'. I suspect Carr on the other hand hasn't a prayer of going back to NORTHWICH, they don't have a bean at the moment.
Bare Ben

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 pm

How does this playing up a contract work. Would the club know that Queen of the south were intrested so we try and get out of paying up his contract and make it like a free transfer or do we have to pay the player an amount and is the player within his rights to hold out for his full contract

Also would be intresting to know if the amount we pay players off comes under the wages heading on the budget sent to the FA and if it counts towards the 60% which means the wage bill wouldn't be that much lower or is it seperate and it frees up the full amount we were paying them.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:26 pm

hard to tell because every player as a contract of his own all/most a them different from the next one.

ie.

like Michel Owen, doh it's Newcastle United[there crap] err ill just use them till i get my fitness back, and have a get out clause in my contract so i can go to a bigger club in the champions league for 8million

or a crock like Luis Saha = pay as you play with a goal bonus
George Dawes

Postby mellow » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:00 am

Christies Child wrote:However, I've a feeling that he may have no other choice then ending up at Southport.....which would be a good replacement for Duffy....although I'm not totally convinced that Duffy would do a job for us.

Seriously. Why would want to sign carr? He's not even on our radar as far as I'm aware, and we have a very tight budget.
mellow

Postby footballfan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:07 pm

[quote="Bare Ben"]I agree about Bell, I know personally that he is crap,

And you are a professional manager of which team? I think there are a great number of people in Morecambe, including a certain Mr Sammy Mack who "I personally" know think he is quite the opposite.
footballfan

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 pm

I played up front against him at youth level and tore him to shreads, so he must be shite 8-)
Bare Ben

Postby Gnasher » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 am

I read something where McCann is quoted as saying he was homesick and jumped at the opportunity to go back.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/s ... -21071559/
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Aal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Fair play to the lad...it's hard not to be homesick if you're being left out every week.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:24 pm

So does this mean we didn't pay him off???

Thought we would have kept McCann really. Seemed a good squad player who could fill the void in a number of roles. Perhaps he didn't want to do that though.
RedRedWine1

Postby campdave » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:18 am

RedRedWine wrote:So does this mean we didn't pay him off???

It was by "mutual consent". No idea what it means, but sounds like an agreement was made - I'll bet we gave them some kind of package, but nothing like as much as we would have to if we had cancelled their contracts.
campdave

Previous

Return to General Discussion