Chesterfield 1 Morecambe 2 (f/t) Howe, Stanners

Re: Chesterfield 1 Morecambe 2 (f/t) Howe, Stanners

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:04 pm

poor 1st half in football terms but we were much better in 2nd half with a deserved win.They are a poor side and even lester seems to have been dragged into the mire.I used to rate him as one of the better strikers in this league.
stanners wasw immense as was artell and bentley,never missed anything in the air after 1st 20 mins.
roll on tuesday we still need the points
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:27 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Just got back (Notts), fantastic result and perhaps more importantly in my opinion, we played well. Got the ball down and played some really good stuff today. Both goals were well worked moves which were well put away. A real professional job today, found the pace of the game in the first 20 and then dictated play for most of the afternoon. I thought Wainwright (my MOTM) and Stanners had a good games, and both linked up well with Howe well all match. Twiss also put in a good shift, looking sharper every game and surely the magic is not too far away?

Chesterfield looked like an average side, but they didn't help themselves at all today. I don't think I've ever seen an opposing side get the game so wrong, continued long balls up to the front men were bread and butter for Jimbo and Artell. Its as if they wanted to play to our strengths, when if anything we usually look week when sides get the ball down and play it through the gaps. Actually Chesterfields goal (well taken I must add) came from about the only passage of play that Chesterfield got the ball down and attempted to play. The 40 'hollywood' pass was used far too often, and the simple ball often went begging. Roache had another assured game (despite a few pit dwellers shouting random crap in his direction) but in truth had little to do. 'Rico out' chants head at the end from the home fans, could we put another final nail in a managers coffin?

Anyway, I've focussed too much on Chesterfield there. We were good value for our win. The last three games I've seen I've enjoyed our style and play (Macc, Brad and Ches). Hopefully we can continue in this manner on Tuesday. We will win more than we lose playing like we did today.

Onwards and upwards.

great post stuart
thought neils crosses superb especially for th esecond second goal
legends goal was well taken too
fraser and stew covered yards and defensively we were fantastic
each player for me deserved a big 10 each
marvellous performance
blimey play like that each game and well......................
Shrimpsscene

Postby Christies Minder » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 pm

Yes, must say, was a great and much deserved win today , everybody performed well , we were strong defensively and looked dangerous on the break , first half was a non event with neither keeper needing to make a save.
On the way back to the car two friendly spireite fans asked us if we would like to play them every week , yes we answered they then proceeded to slag off their manager who they didn't seem to rate at all. NEVER MIND EH ??
Christies Minder

Postby John L » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Lee Richardson sounded a bit nervous tonight....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/7844326.stm
John L

Postby John L » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 pm

Howe Magic wrote:there website is going crazy (One of there fans as had is nose broken by another of there fans)

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/page/ClubAnnouncements/0,,10435~1532001,00.html :o
John L

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:21 am

Just listened to that radio interview of the Chesterfield manager on BBC.......pass me the straws Lee Richardson comes to mind. This guy is on something. First goal looked fine from where I was. And as for saying they got the ball down and played more football than us.....pull the other. Dead man walking, talk is cheap.
RedRedWine1

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:44 am

John L wrote:Lee Richardson sounded a bit nervous tonight....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/7844326.stm

more football on the floor?????????????????

what game was he watching??

hit and hoof hit and hoof
get your best man to back into a defender
kick out when the refs not looking

sums up their game really
Shrimpsscene

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:05 am

The thing is, the only time they did put it on the floor and attack us they scored :?

They are a team with alot of good players who either don't want to play for the managr, or the manager is not telling them the way to play to beat teams.

As Morecambe fans we know the best way to beat our defence, I for one won't elaborate further.
morecambe mick

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:03 am

How did Roche play I hope he had a blinder against them.

They have wanted their manager out for quite sometime but just when it seems he is on his way he gets a good couple of results to save him.

Ward was their major outlet and with him going they may take some time to adjust a bit like us loosing Thommo.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Gnasher » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 pm

John L wrote:
Howe Magic wrote:there website is going crazy (One of there fans as had is nose broken by another of there fans)

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/page/ClubAnnouncements/0,,10435~1532001,00.html :o

http://chesterfield.rivals.net/Forum/pg ... &clubId=25
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby shrimper » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Every single player did his bit yesterday - a manager's dream. Not one weak link.

Special mention (for me) goes to big Arts who was immense alongside Jim.

There was good understanding between Howe and Wainwright on the left as well as Yates and Twiss on the right with Drummy and Stanners moving between the two flanks to join in.
Fraser fluffed a couple of shots but won a lot of balls and made one simply outstanding tackle to deny Lester.

I just wonder if Twissy and Rene might switch places in future. It looked like Twissy was out right most of the game when we know he favours his left foot.

In any case they looked to have the basis of a good understanding, reading each other's moves and little flick ons. Just need Twissy to stay onside.

Again, though, he's looked better with each game back and put in a good shift yesterday in his favoured striker position, looking to take the ball forward when he got possession.

Quality performance all round.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Gnasher wrote:
John L wrote:

http://chesterfield.rivals.net/Forum/pg ... &clubId=25

:shock: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=557&hilit=lottery

shrimper wrote:Every single player did his bit yesterday - a manager's dream. Not one weak link.

Agreed :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:53 pm

shrimper wrote:Every single player did his bit yesterday - a manager's dream. Not one weak link.

Special mention (for me) goes to big Arts who was immense alongside Jim.

There was good understanding between Howe and Wainwright on the left as well as Yates and Twiss on the right with Drummy and Stanners moving between the two flanks to join in.
Fraser fluffed a couple of shots but won a lot of balls and made one simply outstanding tackle to deny Lester.

I just wonder if Twissy and Rene might switch places in future. It looked like Twissy was out right most of the game when we know he favours his left foot.

In any case they looked to have the basis of a good understanding, reading each other's moves and little flick ons. Just need Twissy to stay onside.

Again, though, he's looked better with each game back and put in a good shift yesterday in his favoured striker position, looking to take the ball forward when he got possession.

You have confirmed what I have though for a while , that our best centre back partnership is Bentley and Artell. In this league the majority of teams play it high to their front men and Dave Artell is much better in the air than Henry McStay.

My man of the season shortlist is currently , Barry Roche , Craig Stanley and Rene Howe.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion