Keith in 'ray of sunshine' shock!

Keith in 'ray of sunshine' shock!

Postby Bryan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:54 am

Loved Keith's points about the new stadium move - think they perfectly sum up what 99% of Morecambe fans currently think. To be debt free in the current climate is astonishing. Lets forget the transfer embargo and put it down to experience and now move on.

Think the chairman deserves a huge pat on the back for the job he's done here and also the the way he's precided over the club in recent years. Keith hints about us being a mid-tabled Conference club without this move. That kind of sums up how far we've come; in some ways we still are.

Also it is important to understand that this move will create many local jobs - critical in a region like ours which is a little bit isolated.

On naming the ground if it has to be a sponsor's name then so be it as long as we can have names for the four stands, as other's have said. An Eric Morecambe stand for the home fans would be nice. And a JB Christie Stand in place of the Main Stand would also be good. But we'll have to see. I've always said that the main criteria about the new ground itself should be that our own home end should be a bit bigger or at least more identifiable than the rest of the ground. It's important to the fans.

Finally i hope some of the players will get the gee up and realise this club is going forwards and we can have some decent performances for the rest of the season. As a player at this level who wouldn't want to be a part of this new era for Morecambe FC. And well done to Keith for that much needed little ray of sunshine.
Bryan

Re: Keith in 'ray of sunshine' shock!

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Thank you! Glad to be of assistance!

On the naming of stands, I think you are right with the two mentioned. I would also suggest Clarrie Hollins Stand. I doubt if anyone will ever be able to match Clarrie's level of input to the club, in different roles, over such a long period time. Unless (for example) Stewart Drummond starts washing the kit when he stops playing, then takes up cutting the grass and is willing to collect the corner flags as well as errant footballs during matches for the following forty years, we will never have another like him.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Hollings, Keith, Hollings ;) I'm obviously biased but I'd love a stand to be named after him. Either that or Clarrie's Bar ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Not my fault, blame the BBC... again!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/solpda/ifs_sport/ ... 444411.stm

Meanwhile tributes have poured in for club stalwart, Clarrie Hollins who has died after losing his battle against illness.

Hollins served the League Two club for 68 years.

"He was around the club for longer than any of us can remember - players that come back to Christie Park always ask 'where's Clarrie ?' and over the years he'd hardly changed at all in appearance." said Taylor.

"He did come to our last game of last season and everyone gave him a standing ovation - that really touched his heart.

"It's the end of an era in a lot of ways because he'd always been there."
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:30 pm

The new ground is all about bringing in much needed revenue. I'm afraid we're more likely to see cash for naming stands than sentiment.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:44 pm

That's true but stands could still have permanent names and be sponsored i.e. the Clarrie Hollings Stand sponsored by x
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 pm

In light of the great news about the new ground, I propose getting some positivity back on this board. We're football league now (which we'd dreamed about for so long) and we're cementing this with a new ground. Let's shoot down the doom-mongerers and get behind the team for our 3rd season in the football league and last season at Christie.
durhamshrimp

Return to General Discussion