Major club announcement Tuesday am

Re: Major club announcement Tuesday am

Postby campdave » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am

New funding strategy for the club announced - CC will donate a £1 every time he posts.

We'll dwarf those Arabs at Man City :D
campdave

Postby Lordy99 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:39 am

Being in such a positive mood as I am at the minute...
I reckon it has to be some very solid news about timescales for the new stadium. "Massive impact on the community" in my view can only be positive steps towards providing all the facilities that the new stadium would offer.

...unless I should have been negative and it could be that Potts Pies have gone bankrupt and all pie sales at Christie will cease as of Saturday! :o
Lordy99

Postby burple » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:41 am

I'm not convinced it's good news :( my guess is to do with finances and tightening our belt.
burple

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:53 am

They don't usually flag up bad news.

I think it will be either news of a date on the start for the new stadium or that the embargo has been lifted and we have signed a couple of good players.

Both would be nice.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Morecamber » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 am

Does anyone know what time the announcment is due to happen?
Morecamber

Postby Steven Hewitt » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am

The Visitor will be there in force at today's announcement. Keep an eye on thevisitor.co.uk and the newspaper when it hits the stands later this afternoon.

Steven Hewitt
Steven Hewitt

Postby burple » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:51 am

have I missed what time the announcement will be at? :?:
burple

Postby bill ding » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 am

Is it me or is time dragging this morning :?:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby outsider » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 am

I bet radio lanc's have never had so many tuning in :(
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Posh » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 am

Full details now on the official site at http://www.morecambefc.com and on http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk. Additionally those requesting information via the stadium site should have received an email to your registered address.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby campdave » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am

Interesting! Can see it being tough for Snozzburies to get planning permission for a store - much more traffic going there daily than Christie's occasional use.

Good for Morecambe, although what would it mean for Sainburies Lancaster store? As I understand it, you're only allowed one store over a certain size over a defined area.
campdave

Postby Posh » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 am

campdave wrote:Interesting! Can see it being tough for Snozzburies to get planning permission for a store - much more traffic going there daily than Christie's occasional use.

Good for Morecambe, although what would it mean for Sainburies Lancaster store? As I understand it, you're only allowed one store over a certain size over a defined area.

Sainsbury's currently have a planning application in to extend the Lancaster store. Not sure how this impacts on plans for a Morecambe store.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 am

You are but I believe there is sufficient distance between the two (just).
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:31 am

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/

More detail here and even more in The Visitor this week.

Full press conference video online also in a couple of hours - Visitor View special.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby church of england » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 am

you are big news in the lep, in preston, and on pneonline etc. imagine our derek doing this! don't laugh one of our leading cllrs-harold parker the last guild mayor-still says we should have moved to the docks.
church of england

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 am

I thought the land had to be used for residntial and couldn't be for retail purposes? as that's the whole reason the move fell through years ago and doesn't the land still need some recreational purpose?

Suley the 2 sainsburys sites are closer than Morrisons and Safeway/Tesco at Carnforth.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Mark S » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am

Fantastic news for the Club, the fans and the community with the enhanced sports facilities.

I am taking it that this is a done deal in regards to money changing hands?

I wonder if this counts as 'income' and has an effect on the 'embargo'?

A wierd feeling that CP will be no more after next season, but exciting times!
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am

P/T Indie wrote:I thought the land had to be used for residntial and couldn't be for retail purposes? as that's the whole reason the move fell through years ago and doesn't the land still need some recreational purpose?
Suley the 2 sainsburys sites are closer than Morrisons and Safeway/Tesco at Carnforth.

They will be building a playground in the old J.B.'s bar no doubt :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Mark S » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 am

P/T Indie wrote:I thought the land had to be used for residntial and couldn't be for retail purposes? as that's the whole reason the move fell through years ago and doesn't the land still need some recreational purpose?

No doubt that thought has crossed a few minds, but they must be very confident.
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:42 am

Mark S wrote:Fantastic news for the Club, the fans and the community with the enhanced sports facilities.

I am taking it that this is a done deal in regards to money changing hands?

I wonder if this counts as 'income' and has an effect on the 'embargo'?

A wierd feeling that CP will be no more after next season, but exciting times!

Just think Mark you will be commentating from a heated/air conditioned de-luxe suite, jacuzzi at half time, Sainsburys prawn sandwiches, MP3 player with woofers and tweeters, personal glass elevator, free bar waitress service, direct link to on-line shopping and a free ride home in a shopping trolley :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 am

They are but from my understanding there's more to it than simple distance. I think Morrisons had to sell the Carnforth site under competition rules as there would be no other supermarket retailer between the two. Although there's only 3 miles between the Lancaster Sainsbury & Christie Park, there is an ASDA separating the two so it may well be deemed acceptable thanks to that.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby sgt major » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 am

The two projects will bring in much needed extra money into the local economy as well in the construction phases then on completion hopefully more jobs for local people.
sgt major

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:51 am

Mark S wrote:

No doubt that thought has crossed a few minds, but they must be very confident.

I can't see how Sainsburys are going to get planning permission unless they are doing what all the big stores do nowadays and just buy up any spare land to stop their competitors getting it and then just leave it. I hope not as I would hate to see Christie park turn into another Frontierland where the land just got left for years.

In these financial times though it is probably better and easier to get big money from the supermarkets than the housing companies.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby campdave » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 am

marky wrote:

They are but from my understanding there's more to it than simple distance. I think Morrisons had to sell the Carnforth site under competition rules as there would be no other supermarket retailer between the two. Although there's only 3 miles between the Lancaster Sainsbury & Christie Park, there is an ASDA separating the two so it may well be deemed acceptable thanks to that.

Thanks for that - that makes much more sense.

As for planning, I think it will be difficult as I'm sure the majority of the nearby residents would want it next door, but the council have other things to consider such as jobs for the area.
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:07 am

It does say we have actually sold the land to Sainsburys. If we hadn't we wouldn't have been able to say that construction on the new stadium will start in April.

If Sainsburys were unable to obtain planning permission for a store then it would be up to them how to move things along.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion