VILLAGE!!!!

VILLAGE!!!!

Postby Rovers_Shrimp » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm

I know we have not been members of the football league for a long time, but after watching Saturdays "Dismal" performance down at Cistie I feel it is time to speak out! I have watched the club for many seasons now in th non league and now in the football league and I am finding the club becoming more and more pathetic as time goes on!

Here are a few issues i feel need sorting.

1. "Cheerleaders" - Pathetic springs to mind, if that is meant to warm the croud up before the game jesus christ where do the club dream that idea up from? A D which skipps and neva really plays a song teams must come to christi park and go F**K me what is this establishment.

2. "Christie the Cat" - Can anyone on this message board name me a mascot which sits next to the goals for th entire 90 minutes trying to annoy the goal keeper is this the only way we can win games is it?? Is it???

3. "Half Time Draw" - I love Ken to bits but isnt this form of draw dragging on a little??? Cant we do a crossbar challenge or something else??? OKEYYYYY DOKEYYYYY is driving me in sain no one wins a bean!!!!

4. Yes we are voted the friendliest club in the football league Fantastic wooooopy doooo its no bloody wounder when our anouncer for an example on saturday come out with well played gillingham well done!!!! Have a safe journey home bloody hell weve just lost the game!!

5. Finally and i know ill get a few fans having a nibble at this comment!!!! To you the fans I am all for you getting behind the teamand clapping and cheering fantastic but how on earth could you clap the players off after there horrendous performance they put out on Saturday those who stayed behind shame on you that is the worst performance i have seen from a Morecambe team for a long long time!!! They deserved to be booed off that pitch not one of them deserved to wear the shirt and sport the badge!!!

I thank you Rant over!!!! Let the banter begin!!!
Rovers_Shrimp

Re: VILLAGE!!!!

Postby Harry » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:45 pm

We did not win the title 'friendliest club in the league'. We were voted the team that most fans supported after their own!

And after the display on Saturday, first half especially, maybe some less considerate fans of other clubs would have booed off the team (I actually heard some at half time). I'm sure though that the players realised they didn't perform to the required standard against Gillingham but what will booing do? Lower their confidence! We're in a poor position compared to where we were 12 months ago and seeing as its likely we won't be getting any new players in, why would we want to turn Christie Park into an internal war zone? We should be rallying behind the players as much as we can, to get them to do their utmost to keep our club in this division.
Harry

Postby Mark S » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Thats not a rant, thats utter bollocks

1 The Shrimpettes are kids and add a bit of colour to the proceedings. That was the first time that the Disc wouldnt play all season and I think they are great! It sets us apart from other clubs

2 Christie the Cat is fantastic and the majority of fans love him. If you watch him, he is hilarious and gets The North Stand going

3 Ken has been on holiday since December. he has stated that when he gets back it is going to change. I would imagine that it will always be a raffle type draw as that generates the most interest and most income. How many women and children would be interested in a cross bar challenge?

4 I didnt say 'well played, well done' (deaf lugs!) I said congratulations, have a safe journey home. What did you want me to say? You were lucky, hope you have an accident? :roll:

Gracious in either victory or defeat is my motto.

5 We clap the players off because we are supporters.

Get a grip!
Mark S

Postby i-love-mfc » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Rovers_Shrimp wrote:how on earth could you clap the players off after there horrendous performance they put out on Saturday those who stayed behind shame on you that is the worst performance i have seen from a Morecambe team for a long long time!!! They deserved to be booed off that pitch not one of them deserved to wear the shirt and sport the badge!!!

It’s called being supportive! They are not going to get anywhere if all you can do is criticise them!!!
i-love-mfc

Postby wonder shrimp » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Rovers_Shrimp wrote:2. "Christie the Cat" - Can anyone on this message board name me a mascot which sits next to the goals for th entire 90 minutes trying to annoy the goal keeper is this the only way we can win games is it?? Is it???

christie will be the first to admit he had a poor match but i think the conditions didn't suit him at all. he has been a revelation this season and on his day he can change the game, lay off Christie!
wonder shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Hold on everyone , don't bite.

Have a look how many posts "Rovers_Shrimp" has made.

He is very unlikely to be a Morecambe fan.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby feed the keg » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:21 pm

she!!!
rovers clearly carnt keep him entertained!!!!!
feed the keg

Postby Martin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:49 pm

I must say I did find it funny he thought item 5 would get a few fans nibbling at his comment, implying his post had been pretty reasonable until then! :lol:
Martin

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Sadly there are some valid points made here but bringing them all out isn't going to change much. Mfc is a family club and yes the set-up is slightly "village" but we do the best with what we have. You could say we are the rovers of L2 :lol:
We did deserve to be booed off on Saturday but lets be honest we have no divine right to be beating Gillingham who from what i saw will be right up there come may. Finally the points directed at Christie are completely unfounded and i for one would like a retraction. If it wasn't for him i may this season have found myself posting similar posts to you rovers-shrimp!!
Pandashrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:16 pm

Christie the cat is the only entertainment on show at the moment and is worth the entrance fee alone.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:48 pm

I know the performance was shocking on Sat but what good does boo'ing do! It only makes the players feel worse which isnt going to help. We as supporters are there to cheer on the team and act as a SUPPORT !! So let's get a grip and let the team know that we are behind them, no matter how hard it might be at the moment.
Crooky MFC

Postby shrimper » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Boo!? If I'd had my way they'd have had to run a gauntlet of bricks and rotten fruit as they trudged off.
It shows just how far this once mighty club has sunk when we can't thrash the likes of Gillingham by three or four.
The players should be ashamed of themselves after that 1-0 mauling.

:roll:
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:42 pm

He has a point, open the box is shocking. Surely we can have some sort of entertainment going on, whilst still having a draw so the income is still generated.
Sammy h

Postby Number 1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:07 pm

shrimper wrote:Boo!? If I'd had my way they'd have had to run a gauntlet of bricks and rotten fruit as they trudged off.
It shows just how far this once mighty club has sunk when we can't thrash the likes of Gillingham by three or four.
The players should be ashamed of themselves after that 1-0 mauling.

:roll:

You missed this out Shrimper...

Number 1

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:27 pm

for the person who started the topic......What an idiot get a grip of yourself mate.

1. Cheerleaders do a great job on match days they lift the croud and for god sake they are only kids....I don't see you dancing around in the cold.

2. Christie absolutely love him think he is a croud pleaser not only do the kids love him we do too.

3. Open the box is due to change soon...Do you goto games if you did you would know this info.

4. We were voted frendliest and personally i am proud of that fact.

5. If you booe your team your only gonna knock them more off balance and cause further problem. They deserved to be clapped for there 2nd half performance and their determination. Yes we played shit in the first half but never booe your own team it's a disgrace.

End of my rant!!! Thanks
Last edited by thegentlegiant on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thegentlegiant

Postby halfwayliner » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 pm

When you start attacking children that's low.Now go away and get a life.
halfwayliner

Postby marky » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Personally I find just walking out at the final whistle as effective as booing. The team get clapped off when they deserve it, they don't if they don't. Sean Lock's tirade about the child actors in Big Fat Quiz of the Year at Christmas sums up my feelings on the cheerleaders. Don't get Christie, but then it doesn't spend much time by the dugouts so I wouldn't. However, I will say that wishing opposition fans a safe journey home is just common courtesy.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Christie the Cat is worth the entrance money alone. Did anyone notice when the ball went past Christie for a goal kick, and Roche shouted at him as though he should have stopped it,
Christie covered his eyes with his paws as if he was upset. It was a great laugh. :lol:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby wijit » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 pm

1. "cheerleaders". They're a great bunch of kids, and if they enjoy themselves then more power to 'em!
2. Christie Cat. He is the dogs danglies and if you ever say anything against him again I will personally neuter you!
3. Half time draw. We are a once-decent seaside town. We have the god given right to have a tacky, corny "thing" at half time. And that aside, ken has in the past done a lot for our club.
4. We are friendly. It's in our nature, and to wish visitors a safe journey home & tell them they played well is just a bloody decent thing to do.
5. Get a dictionary and look up "support".
6. It is spelt "CHRISTIE"!
wijit

Postby get your book out » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Hold on everyone , don't bite.

Have a look how many posts "Rovers_Shrimp" has made.

He is very unlikely to be a Morecambe fan.

I love this idea that the fact someone hasnt posted a lot on this forum doesnt mean they are a morecambe fan, or that they have only just joined the forum and therefore they must have only just started watching us. Keep the logical comments flowing fella.
get your book out

Postby get your book out » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Martin wrote:I must say I did find it funny he thought item 5 would get a few fans nibbling at his comment, implying his post had been pretty reasonable until then! :lol:

If only he was as smart as you, although at least he isnt as as smarmy
get your book out

Postby get your book out » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:3 words for the person who started the topic......What a w**ker.

1. Cheerleaders do a great job on match days they lift the croud and for god sake they are only kids....I don't see you dancing around in the cold.

2. Christie absolutely love him think he is a croud pleaser not only do the kids love him we do too.

3. Open the box is due to change soon...Do you goto games if you did you would know this info.

4. We were voted frendliest and personally i am proud of that fact.

5. If you booe your team your only gonna knock them more off balance and cause further problem. They deserved to be clapped for there 2nd half performance and their determination. Yes we played shit in the first half but never booe your own team it's a disgrace.

End of my rant!!! Thanks

what happended to freedom of speach? can someone not come on a voice a few concerns, unfounded or not without being subject to foul language, especially from a 'gentle giant'.
get your book out

Postby get your book out » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:36 pm

feed the keg wrote:she!!!
rovers clearly carnt keep him entertained!!!!!

ha ha, our midfield would boss keith andrews around! hes gone from playing stanners to cesc!
get your book out

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:53 pm

I smell a little mischief maker here its like bradford all over again
Blackburn shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion