Open The Box

Open The Box

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Had some great fun with Uncle Ken yesterday (back on the medication I see). I was shocked to hear that following his annual trip to the Far East in January, OTB will be no more and replaced by some other game that allows the jackpot to be higher.

I have set up a 'Fan' club for him and OTB on Facebook and I think it would be great to get as many members as possible to sign up.

With your tonugue firmly in your cheek, please click on the link, join the group and share your love and fond favourite memories of this amazing entertainment spectacle. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=87421030474&ref=mf
Mark S

Re: Open The Box

Postby Aal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Agree with Ken that OTB has had its day, a good idea but not very exciting anymore except for the banter
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 am

The new half time game is long overdue but I do hope we keep the banter between Ken , The Plastic box and Christie.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Mr Parker's not off to The Phillipines again is he ?

Did I hear him right, was that ..... The Phillipines ???!!!!!!!

For those who are hard of hearing, I'll say it a third time, "I'm off to the Phillipines...."
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm more than happy to see a new half time game but can the bad language stop as "this is a family show" according to everyone at MFC. Or am I being a sensitive prude? After all, children don't go to matches, do they??? Thoughts please.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby campdave » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:12 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I'm more than happy to see a new half time game but can the bad language stop as "this is a family show" according to everyone at MFC. Or am I being a sensitive prude? After all, children don't go to matches, do they??? Thoughts please.

Couldn't agree more - Ken's outbursts pretty much undermine anything the other directors have been trying to do in that respect. Ken deserves recognition for the hard work he puts in, but he could do with keeping his gob shut when the mic is on occasionally.

Now, back to our tribute.
campdave

Postby Aal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Yeh, my lad refers to Ken as the man who swear at half time. Needs to show some self control :(
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Mark S » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Just want to gently nudge this back to the top.

The Facebook Group is 'storming' with over 60 members now and Gilly from Radio Lancs (easy Keith and Cass) has picked up on the fun and wants to interview me about it Tuesday afternoon around 2pm.

As stated earlier this group is very tongue in cheek but has attracted such stars as Christie The Cat to it.

If you have a minute, please log onto Facebook and join in. It would be great to have 100 members all taking the mickey.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8 ... 474&ref=mf

Oh! and if you want to hear me making a fool of myself again feel free to tune in. I will see if Gilly will play some Manfred Mann for Cass. ;)
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 am

North Stand Shrimp wrote:The new half time game is long overdue but I do hope we keep the banter between Ken , The Plastic box and Christie.

The new half time game will start in the New Year. He will still have the same sack but his balls will have been changed :shock:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Mr Parker's not off to The Phillipines again is he ?
Did I hear him right, was that ..... The Phillipines ???!!!!!!!
For those who are hard of hearing, I'll say it a third time, "I'm off to the Phillipines...."

I'm back from a factfinding mission to find the whereabouts of K.P.
Could'nt find him here:
phillipines 009.jpg

or here:
phillipines 011.jpg

So we changed transport
phillipines 005.jpg
Last edited by marky No.1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 pm

...and somewhere in the South China Sea:
phillipines 001.jpg

I just can't understand why he likes it - certainly at 35p for a beer - and happy hour is 4pm till 8pm :shock:
phillipines 003.jpg

Nice one Ken - Fantastic :!: And I only missed Bradford :lol:
marky No.1

Postby CASS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Mark S wrote:Just want to gently nudge this back to the top.

The Facebook Group is 'storming' with over 60 members now and Gilly from Radio Lancs (easy Keith and Cass) has picked up on the fun and wants to interview me about it Tuesday afternoon around 2pm.

As stated earlier this group is very tongue in cheek but has attracted such stars as Christie The Cat to it.

If you have a minute, please log onto Facebook and join in. It would be great to have 100 members all taking the mickey.

Oh! and if you want to hear me making a fool of myself again feel free to tune in. I will see if Gilly will play some Manfred Mann for Cass. ;)

I have tuned in as I Bloody like Ken and in particular the banter with the Buggers in the box
and let's not forget 12 month's without a bad word for said station ;)
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Mark S » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:05 pm

CASS wrote:

I have tuned in as I Bloody like Ken and in particular the banter with the Buggers in the box

:lol: :lol: Only three months too late Cass! :lol: Look at the date of my post!
Mark S

Postby CASS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Mark S wrote:
CASS wrote:

:lol: :lol: Only three months too late Cass! :lol: Look at the date of my post!

Well roger me with a Rhino.................That's the dunces hat for me and an early April fool for you....... :oops: .............. :D ............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sat through 2 hrs of holiday reps,missing pets and I admit the muzak and Gilly where ok
But I am no convert.
CASS

Postby Mark S » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:06 pm

CASS wrote:Well roger me with a Rhino.................That's the dunces hat for me and an early April fool for you....... :oops: .............. :D ............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sat through 2 hrs of holiday reps,missing pets and I admit the muzak and Gilly where ok
But I am no convert.

Not all in vain Cass. Gave Gilly a good laugh and it would seem that you are known at radion Lancs! :o Just be glad you didnt listen a day earlier ;)

From Facebook

Hi Mark

just read SV's and laughed at the message from Cass .The 3 month old thread about Open the Box.

although he did sit through 2hours of holiday reps (Lee Watson) Missing pets and he admits the muzak and me good self where ok .Praise indeed from Cass .
If he had tuned in 24 hours earlier he would of heard me chatting to Steve Midds about Themed night cruises on the Lancaster canal .

Gilly
Mark S

Postby Gnasher » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Any idea when's Ken coming back and the new game being launched? Grapevine says he's extending his holiday another month.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Gnasher wrote:Any idea when's Ken coming back and the new game being launched? Grapevine says he's extending his holiday another month.

No idea. I heard the same thing yesterday.

Hoping to have a whip round on the 31st to see if we can keep him there. ;)
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 am

Gnasher wrote:Any idea when's Ken coming back and the new game being launched? Grapevine says he's extending his holiday another month.

He was talking the end of Feb if he can extract himself away from the San Miguel :lol:
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:49 pm

It's looking like next week, but don't tell him I said so 8-)

(Although he has been reading this thread :shock: )
marky No.1

Postby mrg1309 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 am

News of the new half time entertainment now on the official site. Looks interesting and also just as entertaining I imagine.

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1553971,00.html
mrg1309

Postby skyecat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:34 am

by the initial sounds of it, the jackpot would be only £70...
unless of course, you can try again for a red, then another colour etc and "make a break"?
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:50 am

I'll be sorry to see Open the Box cast to the dustbin and replaced by what sounds like a less favourable money and betting prize.

As one who has never been into a bookies in my life, the betting prize would be a complete waste of time. I'm probably in the minority with regards to betting. However if it helps support our club financially then I'll no doubt take part and give the betting element to the MoM winner.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:28 am

Nice to have a change of game,also great to have Ladbrokes on board,who knows where it will lead?I buy tickets every week,won once £50 and will continue to support the half time game whatever it is.Well done Ken,all the money goes to m.f.c.
mfcbro

Postby CASS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:29 am

In case this thread is not "RealTime" I shall refrain from passing comment...Having spent the last few Hrs in hthe Saus (Sean moment) Watching Engerland. Most of the time debating which is the BIGGEST con...Bottled Water OR Weight Watcher's...I have never found a Bottle of Water that has "Blown my Skirt up" and I cannot get my Head around the fact that people pay to be told they are fat..Fat club is on a Wednesday in Milnthorpe and to me it is ironic that most of the participants arrive in cars :roll: I said to this Rubenesque girl tonight,From St'orth as a matter of interest,that if she walked up every Wednesday from her abode and gave me £6 earth pounds every week she would have more chance of having her "Clock Oiled" than she would belonging to some rip off "Dream"..With regard to the Bottled Water job...I guess we are lucky up in't North,most of't Watter we get is fresh and has not been through several sets of Kidneys
as seems to be the case down below, so sales of designer watter perhaps have a place...but not around here "Say I". Guess I will make my way up the wooden hill ...p.s. New dick licking Mate
arrives in time for Easter. :D
CASS

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 am

CASS wrote:In case this thread is not "RealTime" I shall refrain from passing comment...Having spent the last few Hrs in hthe Saus (Sean moment) Watching Engerland. Most of the time debating which is the BIGGEST con...Bottled Water OR Weight Watcher's...I have never found a Bottle of Water that has "Blown my Skirt up" and I cannot get my Head around the fact that people pay to be told they are fat..Fat club is on a Wednesday in Milnthorpe and to me it is ironic that most of the participants arrive in cars :roll: I said to this Rubenesque girl tonight,From St'orth as a matter of interest,that if she walked up every Wednesday from her abode and gave me £6 earth pounds every week she would have more chance of having her "Clock Oiled" than she would belonging to some rip off "Dream"..With regard to the Bottled Water job...I guess we are lucky up in't North,most of't Watter we get is fresh and has not been through several sets of Kidneys
as seems to be the case down below, so sales of designer watter perhaps have a place...but not around here "Say I". Guess I will make my way up the wooden hill ...p.s. New dick licking Mate
arrives in time for Easter. :D

Just think... if we didn't have an [edit] feature on this board, there would be no need to quote entire messages for posterity! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quality Cass, almost Aspers standard! :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion