DawZi wrote about the points deduction spoiling our season..

DawZi wrote about the points deduction spoiling our season..

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 pm

DawZi wrote:At the start of the season, me like a lot of people would have been pleased to see Luton Rotheram Bournemouth, being deducted points, as it made Morecambes L2 status more secure

but in a way it's caused Morecambe a lot of hassle, in a domino effect, because the lack support and attendance's dropping, causing loss of revenue, then the transfer embargo

looking at things now we may have been better off having a relegation battle, which i think we could have just about survived with the current squad we have, with more game being like 6 pointers, it would have caused more excitement and interest with bigger gates

like now our season is just about over and it's only half way, so to speak :roll:

i think the Football league should, take this into consideration about this next time, in future just drop clubs down a division, or just face a "HUGE FINE!!"

I think this is a really interesting comment, worthy of it's own thread rather than being lost in a 'soon to be locked' one. I'm not sure what my thoughts are on it, but its something to think about. Any other views?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: DawZi wrote about the points deduction spoiling our season..

Postby Gnasher » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 pm

I don't usually look at the league table. I get a good idea of where we are from comments on the forum but to be really honest, I enjoy football at Christie Park regardless of position or even league. My point going back to Dawzi's comment is the points deductions are irrelevant to me, I'd go anyway.

I'm not sure it would have affected attendances at this point in the season. Unless you're -30 at the bottom or +20 at the top, there's plenty of time to screw it up either way (remember Southport?). Teams don't get into a relegation battle until a month, maybe two, before the end of season. Good discussion point though, well spotted Keith.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:25 pm

I think this is a really interesting comment, worthy of it's own thread rather than being lost in a 'soon to be locked' one. I'm not sure what my thoughts are on it, but its something to think about. Any other views?

thank you.

i didn't think it would get much response, so i deleted it, but it does have a lot of truth in it.. :)
George Dawes

Postby Curly » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:30 am

DawZi wrote:

thank you.

i didn't think it would get much response, so i deleted it, but it does have a lot of truth in it.. :)

Keith,
Never mind it's own thread, I think DawZi should have his/her own website!!!
Possibly it could be sponsored by a manufacturer of mind altering drugs?
Apparently Morecambe F.C's lower attendances this year are down to the fact that other teams have had points deducted, we won't have to try then this year, seventeen points will be the level of guaranteed safety or we'll obviously just p!ss this tin pot league this year and so nobody will come to watch until we have assured our ascent to league one.
Breading our fans will only fulfill some sort of deep fried fantasy or possibly cause many fans to come out in a bout of gluten fueled dermatitis.
If DawZi meant Breeding new fans, will this be done in camps surrounded by razor wire with each camp having its own guards and a commandant?
I know Morecambe are finding things tougher this year and some say we are about to enter a great financial depression, but if you know your history(no pun intended), marching an army of new specially cloned super fans into the Polish republic of the West End could create more problems than it solves.
I hope this has been of some help. ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:57 pm

so am on drugs and i need my own web-site for expressing a opinion :?
George Dawes

Postby Curly » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Just pulling your leg mate, say what you want, I always do and its generally bollocks ;) :lol:

Curly

Postby Mark S » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Curly wrote:Just pulling your leg mate, say what you want, I always do and its generally bollocks ;) :lol:

I can vouch for that! 8-)
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Mark S wrote:
Curly wrote:Just pulling your leg mate, say what you want, I always do and its generally bollocks ;) :lol:

Well you can, you're more qualified than the rest of us :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:11 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Mark S wrote:

Well you can, you're more qualified than the rest of us :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glass houses...matey....glass houses!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Mark S wrote:I can vouch for that! 8-)

morecambe mick wrote:Well you can, you're more qualified than the rest of us :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Christies Child wrote:Glass houses...matey....glass houses!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow... the top four 'bollox talkers' on shrimpsvoices, all in the same quote! What are the chances??? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby John L » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:34 pm

Keith wrote:

morecambe mick wrote:Well you can, you're more qualified than the rest of us :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow... the top four 'bollox talkers' on shrimpsvoices, all in the same quote! What are the chances??? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Looks like 5 to me, Keith! :D

Just need Aspers now..... ;)
John L

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 pm

..only need another 5 and we've got the 'dogs bollox' of a team!

;) ;) ;)
Last edited by Christies Child on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Curly » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Keith wrote:

:o You missed your chance Keith :roll:
If you'd have put a picture of a watch under the quotes, you could have called it a psychology experiment! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curly

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:12 pm

No need for a watch in this psychology experiment, just a bell...

As I was writing it, I wondered who, in true Pavlovian style, would respond to the stimuli... John L was our winner! All those years of conditioning on Shrimpsvoices means he can no longer control himself and is therefore duly welcomed into the 'talking bollox' club! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So where is our captain Aspers (and tea boy Posh?)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby John L » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Keith wrote:As I was writing it, I wondered who, in true Pavlovian style, would respond to the stimuli... John L was our winner! All those years of conditioning on Shrimpsvoices means he can no longer control himself and is therefore duly welcomed into the 'talking bollox' club! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw, shucks! My mother will be so proud of me!!! :lol:
John L

Postby Aspers » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:40 am

Somebody mention my name??! 8-)
Aspers

Return to General Discussion