DC to Darlo?

DC to Darlo?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Fact or fiction?

Sounds as though it's a done deal to be completed this week.

Too much to hope that we can work a miracle and come out of the embargo to sign DC ????????

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: DC to Darlo?

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:58 pm

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ker_light/
Who knows? 'If' its a good move for DC then good luck to him. Personally I think he is better off at CP but what ever will be, will be! I just hope we can 'off load' a little and get back on tracks ASAP. This situation is doing no good for the respect of Morecambe FC, let alone the morale of the players. Someone MUST have seen this coming surely? You can't blame Sammy and Mark as they manage the team/players and not the financial books...surely not :roll: I can't believe our beloved Morecambe have got into this mess :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:57 pm

I am sure people did see it coming as before we brought McGivern and carlton in we were told we couldn't bring people in before we let some go out so why did we suddenly decide it was ok to bring to loan players in when noone went out.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm sure that somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but are loan deals part of the problem or is it purely contraced players that have caused the situation?

I was under the impression tha 'emergency' loan deals are allowed.
Christies Child

Postby Pandashrimp » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:28 pm

This deal sadly looks done. The Darlo rivals site are already slating him before he arrives for his recent scoring record!! My darlo mate seems to reckon they are also interested in O'Carroll!!?? Only way i can see this being true is if they we beat them to him in the summer and they are now trying to take advantage of our situation
Pandashrimp

Postby badger » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:38 pm

If danny is going to darlington then good luck to him.

I have said it before i am not suprised morecambe are finding it hard.fans help buy players and with us only getting around 2000 suporters through the gate every home game we will always find it hard. we need more suporters through the gate.
badger

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Let them take advantage then.

I'm sorry, but O'carrol is deemed as not good enough for a starting spot in our side at the moment by Sammy (how many games has he played?). All that time he is deemed as not good enough he takes a wage that could be going to somebody else (Carlton) who we can't sign under the current circumstances (itself an embarrassment).

We have many hanger-oners at this club at present. I'm hopeful of a successful second half to the season as a fair proportion of these hanger-oners will be playing for a new contract and no doubt get them.

If we listed the current squad, how many are indispensable? Not many, certainly if you take the loan players out of the equation.

I wouldn't be overly bothered if the club introduced a one year contract policy. Sure we'd lose a few good players, but we also won't be blighted by the absolute dross that is proving a drain on resources. We're in the position at the moment where we are taking a punt on a few players. Sometimes it pays off (Baker), but sometimes it doesn't (take your pick). Lets not gamble with the clubs well being. Players like Carr and Blinkhorn should not be on two year deals. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but reality has kicked in over the last few weeks.
RedRedWine1

Postby badger » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:07 pm

WELL SAID REDREDWINE IM WITH YOU ON THAT ONE.
badger

Postby Pandashrimp » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 pm

I also agree with most of that. We have never been that astute with player contracts, didn't we give Carl Ruffer a silly lengthed contract and end up paying it off?
It doesn't make sense having these "Hanger-oners" just to waste away in the reserves. Think of the wages spent and what Paul Lloyd could have been doing if playing regular football this past year and a half somewhere else.
I do however believe O'Carroll has something still to give. His goal scoring record hasn't been great but i believe he has played a good part in the games he has played, especially with his link up play. One year deals especially for new players with the possibility of extending it if they impress would make sense but lets be fair they need to be given a chance first, which Dairmuid hasn't really. I could see him playing alongside either Rene or Aaron as they both seem more natural strikers and he can bring them into the game. I thought O'Carroll was fantastic in the Grimsby FAC match where Taylor bagged twice and would like to see him given at least a few chances to repeat this.
Pandashrimp

Postby Gnasher » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:59 pm

You would think out of all the clubs in the league Accy would be near the wage cap limit due to their small crowds yet they can afford to bring DC in, It just adds insult to injury.

I know we cant compete with a lot of the clubs in this league but when Accy are out muscling us it's rather worrying.

Out of intrest does anyone know how big the Accy squad is?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby B.H.C #3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Sounds quite small after reading that, maybe that is why they can afford DC on loan?
B.H.C #3

Postby ezz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:36 pm

P/T Indie wrote:You would think out of all the clubs in the league Accy would be near the wage cap limit due to their small crowds yet they can afford to bring DC in, It just adds insult to injury.

I know we cant compete with a lot of the clubs in this league but when Accy are out muscling us it's rather worrying.

Out of intrest does anyone know how big the Accy squad is?

INcluding or not including mullins head?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:57 pm

It worries me that to date we have not had any word from any club official as to what as a club we are doing to get ourselves out of this problem.

I know that I'll be slated for asking this question but I can't be the only one concerned...surely?
Christies Child

Postby marky » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I thought the board could do no wrong, were financially astute and did things the right way, CC? ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby james456 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 pm

Do we have this transfer embargo for a certain length of time and then the situation is reasessed or will it automatically be lifted when we get the wages below 60% ?
james456

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:46 pm

marky wrote:I thought the board could do no wrong, were financially astute and did things the right way, CC? ;)

I'm more interested in what we are doing to get ourselves out of the embargo, than worrying about something that has already happened.

I'm not one for witch hunts either in my business dealings or any other matter. What has happened has happened, albeit for the best of intentions. It's too easy to look for scape goats, from which no real good would come anyway!
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:02 pm

just try & save up what little income we get, for Rennie Howe? a far better player!
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Christies Child wrote:It worries me that to date we have not had any word from any club official as to what as a club we are doing to get ourselves out of this problem.

I know that I'll be slated for asking this question but I can't be the only one concerned...surely?

Not sure why it should be public knowledge?
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:00 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:It worries me that to date we have not had any word from any club official as to what as a club we are doing to get ourselves out of this problem.

Have you not asked yourself the question or even wondered what the club are doing?

:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Christies Child wrote:
campdave wrote:

Have you not asked yourself the question or even wondered what the club are doing?

:?: :?: :?:

Many times - however, I don't believe the board have to make a statement about it.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:23 pm

well it wouldn't do any harm to reassure concerned supporters, it's not like it's cost anything.
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:42 pm

DawZi wrote:well it wouldn't do any harm to reassure concerned supporters, it's not like it's cost anything.

Exactly..and the longer it goes on, the more the fans become concerned about their club.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Not sure why it should be public knowledge?[/quote]

:?: :?: :?:[/quote]

Many times - however, I don't believe the board have to make a statement about it.[/quote]

OR??? Do yo just love mthose one line cocky statements too much to see care :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby DTSJim » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 pm

The board made their statement when the embargo was announced.

That seems enough to my way of thinking.
DTSJim

Next

Return to General Discussion