Income Generation

Re: Income Generation

Postby badger » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:01 am

I think a sunday game would be a good idea,we could try and get all the local teams who play in the sunday morning pub leagues to come along to cp and make a day out of it, its worth a try.
badger

Postby parkyboy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:11 am

I THINK WE SHOULD GO BACK TO A NORTH / SOUTH DIVIDE WITH THE TOP 18 IN THE BLUE STAR CONFERENCE AND THIS COULD ONLY RESULT IN MORE M ATCHES WITHIN EASY TRAVEL DISTANCE
parkyboy

Postby campdave » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:22 am

CASS wrote:You know, I wonder if someone sat down with the fixtures after they have been generated and made them more realistic, it would promote better attendance. Bournmouth and Brentford away mid-week is hardly logical and good for no one a bit of tipex would improve attendance midweek
whilst almost certainly improving the options for traveling fans at weekends

How many realistically would have gone on a weekend?

The league always seems to put a few very long distance matches on midweek, I suppose in the assumption that not many people would have travelled in the first place.

If a certain % would not go to a match on a weeknight, the amount of people affected is much smaller by a midweek trip to Bournemouth than say Accrington or Rochdale. Same works in reverse - say we play Bournemouth at home - we're probably not going to get that many at Christie, regardless of whether it's a Saturday or Tuesday. However, play someone like Notts COunty on a Tuesday, and we'd get far less than we would on a Saturday. Hope that makes sense. It sucks, but unless we play all 42 matches on a Saturday, there will always be people who can;'t make midweek games
campdave

Previous

Return to General Discussion