Chase on for Danny Carlton

Chase on for Danny Carlton

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:42 am

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Chase on for Danny Carlton

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:24 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_4765443,00.html

What does the club have to do to get rid of the embargo?

This news about DC is a bloody sickener BUT let's hope moves are afoot to rid ourselves of the problem so that DC has the option of 'returning home'.....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpsscene » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:31 am

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_4765443,00.html

simplest way is to inject cash (easier said than done)
more difficult is to offload players from the wagebill
in these economic times both suggestions not easy at all
i hope that we can arrange something(whatever that might be) with carlisle for danny
Shrimpsscene

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

simplest way is to inject cash (easier said than done)
more difficult is to offload players from the wagebill
in these economic times both suggestions not easy at all
i hope that we can arrange something(whatever that might be) with carlisle for danny

...agree with all that Sean..but it must be so bloody frustrating to the Board and Sammy in particular that after all the hard work to get us in a position to hopefully bring in some new blood this happens. Somehow can't see us being the last to fall foul of this regulation or are some others more 'creative' in their accounting.

I'd rather we act responsibly as a club and not put ourselves into a position of insecurity long term.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpsscene » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:56 pm

i agree with you in that last sentence
its very tough and we are in with the big boys who can spend far more than we can when their average gates are sometimes three four five six or in bradfords case at least seven times what ours are
if we can get danny c ill be happy and im sure danny would be too
Shrimpsscene

Postby Posh » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Rod was interviewed on Radio Lancs on Tuesday night saying Danny had played his last game for Morecambe. Although he's on loan for a while yet he's got a suspension and an injury (?) that will keep him out until his loan ends.

I think Danny has played very well for us and has also started to find the net, which has given him real confidence. It's a terrible shame that we're going to lose him at this stage. With Danny and Wayne gone (for the time being) and Blinks not match fit it means either Twissy or Aaron partnering Rene Howe I'd imagine for much of the rest of the season.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby John L » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:10 pm

http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/McIlroy-ready-to-hammer-out.4860050.jp

Fingers crossed a deal can somehow be done in time.
John L

Postby shrimper » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Posh wrote:Rod was interviewed on Radio Lancs on Tuesday night saying Danny had played his last game for Morecambe. Although he's on loan for a while yet he's got a suspension and an injury (?) that will keep him out until his loan ends.

I think Danny has played very well for us and has also started to find the net, which has given him real confidence. It's a terrible shame that we're going to lose him at this stage. With Danny and Wayne gone (for the time being) and Blinks not match fit it means either Twissy or Aaron partnering Rene Howe I'd imagine for much of the rest of the season.

...or Diarmuid.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:00 pm

If Carlton's out for the rest of his loan period why are we keepng him here, can we not send him back so we dont have to pay his wages??
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:09 pm

shrimper wrote:
Posh wrote:Rod was interviewed on Radio Lancs on Tuesday night saying Danny had played his last game for Morecambe. Although he's on loan for a while yet he's got a suspension and an injury (?) that will keep him out until his loan ends.

...or Diarmuid.

Apologies. I'd forgotten all about him.

Perhaps like the manager. :roll:
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby steve mfc » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:59 pm

[/quote]

...agree with all that Sean..but it must be so bloody frustrating to the Board and Sammy in particular that after all the hard work to get us in a position to hopefully bring in some new blood this happens. Somehow can't see us being the last to fall foul of this regulation or are some others more 'creative' in their accounting.

I'd rather we act responsibly as a club and not put ourselves into a position of insecurity long term.[/quote]

Chester are more or less in the same position, Mark Wright has said that they are at the brink of their wage limit and need to get players out before they can bring anyone in.
steve mfc

Postby badger » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Im not suprised with whats going on at morecambe fc at the moment. i am sure the club must be running at a loss .if you look back afew years ago when we beat cambridge united in the facup we had to get a ticket and it was a full house.and now we are playing teams like cambidge every week and we are only getting 2000 suporters if we are lucky.if we do not watch out we will be in the same boat as accy stanley.ifeel next season is going to be abig season for us as we need to be in league football when we move to the new stadium.
my feeling is we need to attract at least anouther 1000 suporters at least to be able to keep things afloat.we have got to find someway of getting more suporters in the ground???.
badger

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 am

badger wrote:Im not suprised with whats going on at morecambe fc at the moment. i am sure the club must be running at a loss .if you look back afew years ago when we beat cambridge united in the facup we had to get a ticket and it was a full house.and now we are playing teams like cambidge every week and we are only getting 2000 suporters if we are lucky.if we do not watch out we will be in the same boat as accy stanley.ifeel next season is going to be abig season for us as we need to be in league football when we move to the new stadium.
my feeling is we need to attract at least anouther 1000 suporters at least to be able to keep things afloat.we have got to find someway of getting more suporters in the ground???.

..and yet Stanley can afford to go away next week for a weeks training plus a game in Spain!
Christies Child

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 pm

There was a chase on for Dean Windass including a host of Championship clubs but unfortunately Oldham won it :?
Another pensioner on the books!
HALMA 1983

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:21 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:There was a chase on for Dean Windass including a host of Championship clubs but unfortunately Oldham won it :?
Another pensioner on the books!

You'd have thought he would have prefered a bit of 'time' by the seaside.

Blackpool had expressed an interest according to that worthy news station Radio Lancashire
Christies Child

Postby badger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:13 pm

accy stanley going to spain is a compleat waste of money and i would say the same if it was morecambe. if i was accy suporter i would be very upset to see my team going on holiday to spain when the ground is inneed of repair and is not yet up to standard for league football, that is why morecambe are having a new stadium built becouse there is no room for improvement at cp .i have said this before new teams in the league have three years to get there grounds up to league standard and accy are in there third season now .

I PAY MY ENTRY FEE SO THE CLUB CAN KEEP AFLOAT NOT SO PLAYERS CAN JET OFF TO SPAIN FOR A WORKING HOLIDAY.
badger

Postby thetashkentterror » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:50 pm

"Danny Carlton was one of the players, I spoke to his agent and to Carlisle, but he has decided to go to Darlington.

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/ManagersComments/0,,10422~1516017,00.html
thetashkentterror

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:21 pm

It's BIG Dean!!! looking sick at the thought of dropping down 2 leagues and being on shit wages
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion