Quick Hello from Sydney. O/T (Minor Ramblings)

Quick Hello from Sydney. O/T (Minor Ramblings)

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:02 am

Very cold nights at the moment. 7 YES 7C the other morning, brrrrrrrrrr, getting to between 18 and 20C during the day, still mid winter. Bit of a disappointing start to the season, but surely Accy cant keep this hoodoo they have over us going? can they?!.
I had a coldie in memory of Ockers when I heard the news, he sent me some great programmes, which I still have.
I wear my MFC shirt to training every week, (Doffs cap to Deebee) I found I had a spare red 1 in the cupboard, upon closer inspection, she who must be obeyed had washed my signed shirt!!, I do like the purple away shirt though, it goes well with my mascara!.
Winning the Ashes was like BRILLIANT!!, the Aussie papers (Well the rag I read)are blaming the Wives and Girlfriends !! BAHAHAHAHAHA! I just think we outgunned them in every department save for the 2nd Test. Best still, major coverage of the Aussie Women winning the Ashes, and congrats to them but if the men had done any good we wouldn't have heard a thing about it. England lost to New Zealand in the semi of the Netball World Cup, (being held at Olympic Park Sydney, heard it on the radio when driving today). I see Man U are top of the prem! lucky goal this morning, can't complain though, a wins a win, bit like Sheff Utd last Tuesday. Talking of Sheffield United, I think my Gran used to own the fruit shop near Brammall Lane which got bombed in the War, hence the evacuation to Morecambe, still got loads of rellies in Sheffield, so although annoyed about the loss, not too gutted, now if it had been Accy !!.
I see the special 1 has been outed as a bit of a tosser over the doctor on the pitch affair, what he should do is; apologise unreservedly, admit he was in the heat of the moment, express his profound support of all his medical staff and buy them flowers and wine, sorted!.
Saw Russell Crowe the other week at Fox Studios, I said 'alright Rusty' he said 'Gday mate'.
Hope all's well in the land of Sunsets Over The Bay.
My warmest wishes to you and yours.
Aspers.
Aspers

Re: Quick Hello from Sydney. O/T (Minor Ramblings)

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:30 am

Welcome back, did someone disturb your hibernation?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:02 pm

It was probably the noise of all those wickets falling in the cricket!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Aspers » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:16 am

I noticed there's not too much biff!! on the board and people were actually talking about the football.
:lol:
Just because I didn't talk to you, doesn't mean to say I wasn't thinking of you.
Aspers

Return to General Discussion