Wildig

Wildig

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Please can we get him on a long term contract? he only signed a 1 year deal but this kid is going places!
halftimeresults

Re: Wildig

Postby George Dawes » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:19 pm

i heard Jim offered him 2yr deal, but Wildig would only sign for 1yr.. he may only see us as a stepping stone to bigger things.

but buying a house up here say's something else with his intentions, so who know's

if i was him, as long as you're playing first team football and enjoying it, then stay, life is too short as a footballer.
George Dawes

Postby Shrimpy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Shrimpy

Postby Vinny » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Excellent!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:29 pm

WOW I stand corrected then :D
he'll go for big Money!
halftimeresults

Postby james456 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:37 pm

He's won me over. Probably our most important player and finally a midfielder who is going to score lots of goals.
james456

Postby Ego Tripping » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Thought he looked totally off the pace for the first 10 mins. Wasn't pressing & kept giving the ball away. Showed his class though with the goal & there after didnt stop running.

Thought Mullin worked very hard and played a great role in the goal. Would have shot last year but got his head up & player great ball out wide. Edwards also excellent. Paz again defended far too deep at times particularly in first half. Fleming was outstanding when he came on and hopefully shut a few if the doubters up. Mention also for the full backs. Beeley good & thought Wilson defended fantastically especially with little help in 2nd half.
Ego Tripping

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Wildig wernt at his best today but don't think we'd of won without him ! Looks a real top player we have our selfs here ! Hope we can keep him fit ! Other praise for beeley who didn't stop running and Edwards who done well against all three strikers they through at us in gornell kee and Morgan. Let's hope this is the start of a good consistent run for us. Roll on Tuesday :D
Kendalshrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:58 pm

anyone else think he has a look of this guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennaro_Gattuso
halftimeresults

Postby Bare bum » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:09 pm

I've thought more like this all season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Pirlo
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Nah.

He's Steve Holden's long lost brother....
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Can't agree about Fleming; it's evident he frustrates most of the players around him (Beeley in the second half today jumped up and screamed when Andy negated to put him into space down the right) as well as most fans who like to see us go forwards with intent. Devitt has also shown his frustration at his ultra conservative (not always bad thing) nature in recent friendlies.

Wildig is only serving to highlight just what we've been missing in the middle for so long and I'll be slightly surprised if he is still with us by the end of the season. If we can we must put him on a longer contract; I believe he is only on a one year deal.

I like Andy, but he doesn't excite me and gets lavished with praise for mediocre displays IMO. To suggest he changed/controlled the game when he came on today is false; we were hanging on at the end and looked no better in the middle after his introduction. He needs to improve going forwards to perform the role we play him in efficiently, and also add goals to his game. If he was as good as most people on here make out, somebody would have come in with good money for him by now.

But enough of that; Shrimps 1-0 Stanley!!!!
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:02 pm

The Fleming game that really sticks in my mind was away at Southend when we won 1-3 and Andy scored twice. He totally dominated that game, spraying passes all around the pitch. Everything he did was positive. That's the Fleming I want to see again, but he's probably running out of time to rediscover the confidence to attack, shoot and make defence splitting passes.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:54 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Wildig is only serving to highlight just what we've been missing in the middle for so long and I'll be slightly surprised if he is still with us by the end of the season. If we can we must put him on a longer contract; I believe he is only on a one year deal.

He signed 2 years, thankfully!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Return to General Discussion