Go on then ... dare we?? Accy predictions....

Re: Go on then ... dare we?? Accy predictions....

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:24 pm

There was nothing un-entertaining about Tuesday night, nor last Saturday if you went. Two strikers doesn't always mean more attacking play - especially when it comes at the expense of a midfielder who may create that play.

The football so far has been good, we just need to put the ball in the back of the net.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I'm a great admirer of what Jim and Ken have done and can do for our club, but I wish they would be more adventurous at times and play with 2 out and out strikers playing together as a partnership, rather than the single striker that we have become accustomed too.

It would provide that much needed entertainment that some of us are crying out for.

Didn't take long did it? 2 games in and you're questioning the management team already :lol:

Interestingly you seem not to have an opinion about playing 2 strikers together...but what's new... :?: :?: :?:

I think the system is fine as it is, we've spent the majority of the past 4 season or so playing some variation of 4-3-3 and it's served us well.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:14 pm

.....just a pity that it hasn't provided a level of entertainment to encourage more to watch. BUT that will come in time as and when the entertainment value improves.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:20 pm

2-1 nervy hard faught battle. Mullin and ellison. 1750 with 250 and a few flags from accy.
Wild Bill

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Morecambe 1 Accy 2

Att 1850 including 280 from Dingles
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 pm

3-0 Shrimps
halftimeresults

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:16 pm

I think it will go like this: Morecambe start well, good passing but no real end product.
Stanley have one attack in the half, Gornell falls over his own feet and it's a penalty. 1-0 half time.
Second half is more even with both sides coming close, then Morecambe grab a surprise equaliser(remember we are playing Accrington) when Molyneux side foots in after the keeper saves after a Mullin shot.
Morecambe then go for the winner to lay the ghost to rest. Devitt is one on one with the keeper and .....fires wide. Ellison on his favoured left foot blasts over the bar, Wildig takes a return pass from Beeley and hits the post, Edwards has a free header from a corner and misses the target and then in a goalmouth scramble Mullin has a shot cleared off the line and in the follow up Beeley hits the underside of the crossbar, the ball comes down clearly over the line but of course the referee doesn't give it.
Then, in Stanley's only real attack of note in the second half, Roche, rudely interrupted from the packed lunch he had been eating since the 72nd minute, is forced into a save from Naismith which results in a corner.
This is now the 96th minute and Ken McKenna is screaming "where did this added time come from ref?" (Polite version)
From the corner Parrish is held down by Luke Joyce who has just arrived from Carlisle United cause their game finished earlier, Roche is punched in the face by Winnard and meanwhile Morgan taps in at the far post.
So 2-1 to Stanley and a deserved win according to John Coleman: "I thought we were the better side even though Morecambe had 99% possession. I'm not the referee, I don't make the decisions. Whether that shot from Beeley crossed the line or not,makes no difference, we got what we deserved"
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby parceldave » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Sounds about right apart from us getting an equalizer , not too sure about that bit . :o . But I will risk a 2-1 bet . ;)
parceldave

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:There was nothing un-entertaining about Tuesday night, nor last Saturday if you went. Two strikers doesn't always mean more attacking play - especially when it comes at the expense of a midfielder who may create that play.

The football so far has been good, we just need to put the ball in the back of the net.

Exactly! A bit more ruthless or fortunate in front of goal and we would have won both games and in entertaining style. 3-0 after an early goal :-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:41 pm

This is all getting silly now, why all the sarcasm and negativity .... ah yes its Accy :?
Can't decide if the players, many of who won't know what we are on about, will be down if they read this or use it as a positive

2.2 on the basis of going behind, equalising, going ahead and looking comfortable then - 92nd minute yes you've guessed it
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Mrs Outsider thinks 1-1.
I on the other hand feel our time has come 3-1 to The Shrimps
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Some great odds offered:

13/5 draw
23/10 Accy Win
33/1 half time/full time
8/1 for Gornall to score the 1st or last goal
marky No.1

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:12 pm

1-1, Wildig

Mrs Sak thinks we'll carry on the losing ways, 1-2
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:53 pm

Well its certainly been entertaining and if we keep making chances then the goals will come the only problem is that we are playing accy next and if it can go wrong then it will do.

However i do think this time will be different ( how many times have i said that ).

Shrimps 2 Darkside 0
steve mfc

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:27 am

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 all day. Think either devitt or edwards will score tomorrow. They've both had glorious chances in the last two games and both due a goal. Today is the day !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:21 am

Morecambe 3 Accy 1.
314 from Accy.
Aspers

Postby mfcbro » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:12 am

"3 goal scoring strikers" Didnt seem to do them much good last season.3-0 win for the shrimps.Hoodoo broken at last.
mfcbro

Postby black morse » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:36 am

marky No.1 wrote:This is all getting silly now, why all the sarcasm and negativity .... ah yes its Accy :?
Can't decide if the players, many of who won't know what we are on about, will be down if they read this or use it as a positive

2.2 on the basis of going behind, equalising, going ahead and looking comfortable then - 92nd minute yes you've guessed it

If any of them do read this and take note of the thread title.....just remember....'Who dares wins!'
black morse

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:43 am

We must have learnt from the last two losing games, so its organised attacking football from the shrimps and any winning result will do, to set us up for the rest of season.Who dares wins (coys?)
halfwayprawn

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Wildig in... Mr Atwell is Ref so everything will be fine
marky No.1

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:1-1, Wildig

Mrs Sak thinks we'll carry on the losing ways, 1-2

Thankfully Accy let me down :D :D :D
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion