As Sir Bob would put it....."Give us your ****ing money"

As Sir Bob would put it....."Give us your ****ing money"

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:19 pm

........ it's a New year and what better way to start it, then by giving yourself that warm feeling inside and fullfilling that resolution to give more this year by donating whatever you can to Leonard Cheshire Disability. ;)

As you may already know I am currently in training for the London Marathon this year which takes place on the 26th April. Im hoping you fellow Morecambe supporters can help me in my drive to raise over £1600 for my chosen charity.

I have a fundraising page where you can donate direct to the charity completely securely by following the link in my signature below. I will also be in my usual place behind the goals( usually blowing up balloons) on matchdays or in JB's after match if you would like to sponsor me in person.
I know it's still a little way off, but £1600 is a lot to raise and I need to get the ball rolling as early as possible.

If you like you can also see my training progress as I am logging all my runs online and you can see these by following the other link in my signature.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for any sponsorship you may pledge.

Happy new Year! :D

http://www.justgiving.com/pauldavislondonmarathon
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Please take a moment to read......

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks Andy :D

Thanks Jon :D

Thanks BADGER :D

Thanks Wonder Shrimp :D
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: London marathon 2009 sponsorship for Leonard Cheshire.

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:48 pm

BUMP

North Stand Shrimp

Postby badger » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Good luck paul.
lets hope the shrimps voices can go a long way to getting your target of £1,600 ...
badger

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:04 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:........ it's a New year and what better way to start it, then by giving yourself that warm feeling inside and fullfilling that resolution to give more this year by donating whatever you can to Leonard Cheshire Disability. ;)

As you may already know I am currently in training for the London Marathon this year which takes place on the 26th April. Im hoping you fellow Morecambe supporters can help me in my drive to raise over £1600 for my chosen charity.

I have a fundraising page where you can donate direct to the charity completely securely by following the link in my signature below. I will also be in my usual place behind the goals( usually blowing up balloons) on matchdays or in JB's after match if you would like to sponsor me in person.
I know it's still a little way off, but £1600 is a lot to raise and I need to get the ball rolling as early as possible.

If you like you can also see my training progress as I am logging all my runs online and you can see these by following the other link in my signature.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for any sponsorship you may pledge.

Happy new Year! :D

http://www.justgiving.com/pauldavislondonmarathon

Hope you don't mind paul i have just sent the above in a message to the 1200+ fans who are supporting the Morecambe FC bus hope this helps.

Cheers

Sam
thegentlegiant

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 am

Many thanks, Sam. :D
North Stand Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:33 am

badger wrote:Good luck paul.
lets hope the shrimps voices can go a long way to getting your target of £1,600 ...

Sounds like a Challenge to me! :D

£1 for every post! :lol
North Stand Shrimp

Re: As Sir Bob would put it....."Give us your ****ing money"

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Obviously I'm really pleased that Paul is fundraising for the organisation that I work for. Physical disabilities charities are typically at the bottom of the list when it comes to charity giving. Children's, cancer, hospices and animal organisations are always at the top of the list. The last statistics I saw suggested that only about 2% of donations are to physical disabilities organisations so it is really important that Paul is successful in hitting his target and I'm sure he'd welcome other people helping him to fundraise as well as "simply" giving.

As an example of where the money goes... We now employ a volunteer coordinator here on the Isle of Man to recruit & support volunteers. Her wages are entirely made up from funds raised by people like Paul. Through her support, a lady who is unable to get out of bed is now actively involved in producing Christmas cards etc and is learning I.T. She is getting regular visitors and her mood has noticeably lifted. This is a real change in the life of a real person that has happened because of donations made to the likes of Paul and those people who are willing to make a donation.

If you are interested in giving time instead of (as well as?) money, feel free to get in touch with me and I will pass on your details to a local volunteer coordinator who I am sure will be delighted to match you up with a disabled person who you can help to support. PM me or e-mail me keith.fitton@LCDisability.org
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby badger » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Paul goes to most of the home matches and some away matches he pays his entry fee which goes towards paying the players wages, and he sings his heart out for the team. he also is one of the lads who brings balloons to most matches which he pays for out of his own pocket.it must have cost him around a £100 so far in balloons this year. he loves this club and is a suporter.

what i would like to see is some of these players and staff who paul comes to suport on a saturday afternoon give sum suport back to him.i would like to see the members of the shrimps voices getting behind paul after all paul is one of our own from the north stand.so if you can see it in your hearts to give as little or as big as you can, just to show paul that we are all behind him. thankyou.

please please give as little or as much as you can,and get him well on his way to his target of £1,600.
badger

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 pm

badger wrote:Paul goes to most of the home matches and some away matches he pays his entry fee which goes towards paying the players wages, and he sings his heart out for the team. he also is one of the lads who brings balloons to most matches which he pays for out of his own pocket.it must have cost him around a £100 so far in balloons this year. he loves this club and is a suporter.

what i would like to see is some of these players and staff who paul comes to suport on a saturday afternoon give sum suport back to him.i would like to see the members of the shrimps voices getting behind paul after all paul is one of our own from the north stand.so if you can see it in your hearts to give as little or as big as you can, just to show paul that we are all behind him. thankyou.

please please give as little or as much as you can,and get him well on his way to his target of £1,600.

Thanks for the support,

It's still a long way off and I'm hoping if people aren't donating online, my matchday collections closer to the Marathon will make it easier for people to part with their cash. You can't force charity onto people though and if peoples purse strings are rather tight at the moment then so be it.

It's not even a week since I posted this and we've had no home game so I wasn't expecting much this soon anyway.

To those of you who have already generously donated, thank you very much.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:57 pm

my matchday collections closer to the Marathon will make it easier for people to part with their cash.

Catch them before Ken's team do, more chance of getting their pound coin off them.
Phoenix

Postby Mark S » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:05 pm

And maybe have a quiet word with the PA announcer (hes not a bad chap) ;) I am sure he would give it a great big plug on the day you are collecting.
Mark S

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:32 pm

I am going to give the pa chap an envelope with a donation for you noble case at the next match, to forward to you as i dont know you personally, good on you, and good luck!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:56 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:I am going to give the pa chap an envelope with a donation for you noble case at the next match, to forward to you as i dont know you personally, good on you, and good luck!!!

Thank you.

If anyone else would prefer not to use a card online, I will be in JB's after home games to take sponsorship.

Alternatively my place of work, Mains Business Equipment on Great John Street Lancaster(across the main road from the back of Boots), are also collecting loose change for the charity.

Paul.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 am

Mark S wrote:And maybe have a quiet word with the PA announcer (hes not a bad chap) ;) I am sure he would give it a great big plug on the day you are collecting.

Thanks Mark, I will be taking you up on that offer. :D
North Stand Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:37 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:
PUNKISDEAD wrote:I am going to give the pa chap an envelope with a donation for you noble case at the next match, to forward to you as i dont know you personally, good on you, and good luck!!!

Thank you.

If anyone else would prefer not to use a card online, I will be in JB's after home games to take sponsorship.

Alternatively my place of work, Mains Business Equipment on Great John Street Lancaster(across the main road from the back of Boots), are also collecting loose change for the charity.

Paul.

So it's you that stops everybody else form making deliveries by parking like a ...{insert own word} around Lancaster. My lad has some choice words for you guys and your parking! :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion