Bottom

Bottom

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am

of the League table for Twitter followers

11,000 which doesn't sound too bad, but is less than half of Goole AFC :?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... in-england
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Bottom

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:16 am

Goole FC.....

Horrible, horrible, horrible place.

Firstly, it's a ground with a bloody running track around it, which I hate (Gateshead being another).

Also, their infamous "Gooligans" don't make any trips there particularly nice.

They had a player season before last who was getting some grief from his fans on the terraces so he ended up running into the stand and fighting them. DURING the match. The clip went viral on YouTube.

On a much brighter note though, we did win 8-2 there on the last day of the '93 season and I also remember us bagging a 5-0 win there towards the end of the 89/90 season and Lee O'Keefe bagged a hat-trick!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby black morse » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:18 am

marky No.1 wrote:of the League table for Twitter followers

black morse

Postby black morse » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:20 am

black morse wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:of the League table for Twitter followers

Couldn't think of anything to say about this stunning information :shock: I'm definitely in a state of shock :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
black morse

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:28 am

marky No.1 wrote:

Pompey had more than that for their Capital One Cup match at Fratton Park last night. :shock:
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby bill ding » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:51 am

Does anybody really care ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Alan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:01 am

bill ding wrote:Does anybody really care ;)

Agree !

If anything the headline should read....'Morecambe come top with least amount of Tweets..whilst Arsenal fans are the most annoying with....xxx amount'

O.K....I know I'm getting old...!
Alan

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:20 am

We were though the very last of the 92 to get an official Twitter page to be fair.
Seasider9601

Postby Dan.Campbell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:34 am

Let's hope that somebody does!

A business which doesn't take social media seriously is a business that is destined to fail.

Like it or not, Twitter and Facebook are unrivaled PR tools - Not to mention they are completely free to use. These are advertising resources a club with a small budget like ours should be lapping up, not ignoring.

11k followers on Twitter is pathetic.

Facebook, Twitter and other social networks are filled with hundreds of millions of consumers. Why wouldn’t you take advantage?
Dan.Campbell

Postby black morse » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:43 am

Dan.Campbell wrote:

A business which doesn't take social media seriously is a business that is destined to fail.

Like it or not, Twitter and Facebook are unrivaled PR tools - Not to mention they are completely free to use. These are advertising resources a club with a small budget like ours should be lapping up, not ignoring.

Facebook, Twitter and other social networks are filled with hundreds of millions of consumers. Why wouldn’t you take advantage?

You're probably right. It depends on the audience you are trying to reach.
black morse

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:08 am

Dan.Campbell wrote:

Take a look at the other League 2 twitter accounts, they are constantly pushing things like Player subscriptions, soccer schools, match tickets, away travel, replica shirts and pretty much anything that will bring revenue into the club.

Ours is generally used as an information service just linking to articles on the official website, there was absolutely nothing on there pushing ticket sales for the Sheffield United game, my twitter feed is inundated from other clubs with tweets like "don't forget, we're at home this evening, get your tickets now" etc.

I also notice we put our extended 10 minute highlights from games on YouTube for free. We must be the only club that do this, this morning I've seen loads of tweets from other clubs providing a link to a brief highlights (a couple of minutes) and then a message along the lines of "sign up for player to see full extended highlights". Where is the incentive for anyone to sign up for Player when we give away everything for free!

Now I don't want to have a go at the club too much for this as I realise most clubs in our division probably have someone employed full time where at least part of their job is to spend all day spouting propaganda on social media but there are certainly areas we could improve upon.
Shrimpy

Postby The Marksman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 am

Alan wrote:

Agree !

If anything the headline should read....'Morecambe come top with least amount of Tweets..whilst Arsenal fans are the most annoying with....xxx amount'

O.K....I know I'm getting old...!

It's not least amount of tweets, it's least amount of followers. You are clearly too old to comment on this thread ;)
The Marksman

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:24 am

I have noticed a few tables for various things recently and this was the first time we were "noted" for being bottom.

Interesting how different people see something like this and yes I don't really care either, but as Dan says social media is a large tool that is growing by the day.

Ignore it at your peril

Surprised that our partners in Shanghai have not boosted the numbers

At least we got an insight into the goings on at Goole :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Shrimpy wrote: Where is the incentive for anyone to sign up for Player when we give away everything for free!

Given that Player accounts are given away free with season tickets, I doubt if we have many, if any, paying subscribers.
morecambegeek

Postby bill ding » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Edit : I dont really care ;)
Im not going to lose sleep over meaningless statistics like these
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby MrShrimp » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:49 pm

We did come in 4th place for biggest growth in Twitter followers for last year throughout the Football League. But yes lets focus on the negatives...

(Also I believe we were one of the last clubs to create a twitter account. 2nd last if I'm not mistaken. So I'd say we're not doing too bad.)
Attachments
twit.jpg
twit.jpg (70.68 KiB) Viewed 672 times
MrShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:18 pm

MrShrimp wrote:(Also I believe we were one of the last clubs to create a twitter account. 2nd last if I'm not mistaken. So I'd say we're not doing too bad.)

Indeed. As I mentioned earlier in the thread.

A great Twiter feed it is too. Well worth a follow !!
Seasider9601

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:13 pm

MrShrimp wrote:We did come in 4th place for biggest growth in Twitter followers for last year throughout the Football League. But yes lets focus on the negatives...

(Also I believe we were one of the last clubs to create a twitter account. 2nd last if I'm not mistaken. So I'd say we're not doing too bad.)

Well said that man.

We were the 2nd last of the 92 to have a Twitter feed. The last one was Manchester United (yes it's true!).

I set it up out of pure frustration that we didn't have one. Then I heard rumours Man U were planning one and I didn't want to be the last. The lowest number of followers at that stage for a League 2 club was just over 5,000, so I set a target to get 5,000 followers. We did it and I kept going until we hit 7,500 and then pretty much gave up. I'd pushed Facebook over 10,000 too but it was taking up so much of my time and also Matt and other paid employees could access it there didn't seem much point in carrying on.

The club do need a social media strategy but the club are low on resources. Matt does a great job on it as well as everything else he does. Like the improved scoreboard we'll get there I'm sure.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimperteer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Couldn't give a fuck.
shrimperteer

Return to General Discussion