MORECAMBE FANS MAKE LOCAL ASHFIELD PAPER

MORECAMBE FANS MAKE LOCAL ASHFIELD PAPER

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:50 am

Hey there
Following the selection box appeal I was surprised to be contacted by a locla Notts paper concerning it, anyway to show that I didnt forget those who donated so genorously, heres the article:

http://www.chad.co.uk/ashfieldnews/Chocs-away-for-Sutton-football.4847944.jp
mightymagpie1862

Re: MORECAMBE FANS MAKE LOCAL ASHFIELD PAPER

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am

Excellent article. Thanks for posting it.

Good luck for the rest of the season(apart from the return match at Christie)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Posh » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks Rob. That's a great article and enormous credit to you for the fantastic work you do.

I'm really sorry to read about your own health issues and wish you well with your impending operation. It doesn't sound easy but your obviously fighting it with fortitude and enormous good spirit.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Echo that - and if you need any more chocolate to give away, let us know when you come to visit us - I'm sure some of us mums and dads will still have some left over from Christmas!!

:roll:
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Phoenix » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Plenty of empty tins and half a tooth missing, thanks Cadburys Eclairs :oops:

but over the years he has brought smiles to the faces of thousands of sick children at Christmas and Easter.

I guess when we play the week after Easter it will be too late to hand over Easter Eggs. Unless we do a collection before and someone's driving past Nottingham?
Phoenix

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Well first may I thank you for your well wishes.
I am going in on Monday at 7:00am to have the tumor removed (and you guessed it, the QMC!) Its an operation that I am informed will last a minimum 3 hours but all being well they will release me on Tuesday.
Secondly thanks for your continued interest, if anybody wishes to donate to the Easter collection they can do so either by as suggested, seeing if anybody is paasing close to the club, send by parcel to: Rob Bristol
c/o Notts County Club Shop
Meadow Lane
Nottingham
NG2 3HJ

Alternatively a cheque payable to myself to the above will find its way to me and eggs will be purchased on behalf of the sender
mightymagpie1862

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:21 pm

I won't wish you luck Rob, because with your outlook on life you won't be needing it, but if you don't mind I'll wish you good health.

Just think all those good looking nurses who know you are always doing a good turn for others........ ;) you'll be in no fit state mind........... how are you fixed for visitors? :lol: :lol:

It'd just be my luck to get the shift full of mingers!!! :lol:
Mind, they'd say that about me!!! :lol:
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion