Sheff UTD admission

Sheff UTD admission

Postby slackAlice2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:22 am

Not very often I get the chance of a mid week match with work now.
Is it just pay on the gate tonight ?
Tried the OWS and on ticket news I got 'page not found'.
slackAlice2

Re: Sheff UTD admission

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:27 am

Funnily enough, I've just been perusing the Sheffield United website.

They have had tickets on advanced sales (500 seating, 500 standing) and are advising their fans they can pay on the gate also.

We can pay on the gate as home fans for definite.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:32 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby slackAlice2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks for that :)
slackAlice2

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:00 am

I've a feeling that the cost to watch last night's game resultedcin a poor turnout by the Morecambe public. Also l wasamazed that there was nobody dining in the W&L last night. For such a game against good opposition the lack of diners who provide much welcome extra money was surely worrying for the Board. I understand that a similar situation could happen on Saturday.

That along with the continuing lack of ground sponsorship must be having serious problems with the financing of our club... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:58 am

Your solution CC? Bearing in mind a reduction in cost in ticket price needs to be made up by ensuring an equivalent boost in attendance (and simply saying if it was £10 a ticket, 5000 people would turn up isn't realistic).

We've been spoilt in recent years in the Carling Cup. A draw against a side who have been in League 1 for several years is no longer the attraction it once was.
morecambegeek

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:13 am

morecambegeek wrote:Your solution CC? Bearing in mind a reduction in cost in ticket price needs to be made up by ensuring an equivalent boost in attendance (and simply saying if it was £10 a ticket, 5000 people would turn up isn't realistic).

We've been spoilt in recent years in the Carling Cup. A draw against a side who have been in League 1 for several years is no longer the attraction it once was.

1400 'homers' for a game v good opposition suggests to me that last nights pricing was too high. Prices starting at £10 should have been the going rate. £26 for Premier seating was excessive and was reflected in the number of empty seats, not only in Premier but in all other seating areas.

The loss of revenue from the W&L was shocking..... :evil:

Will be interesting to see the pricing v Walsall...
Christies Child

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:00 pm

How many extra would the £10 tickets have brought through the gate CC?
morecambegeek

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Considering we only charged a tenner for a team like Liverpool pre-season the attendance was very, very low.

Even from the Morecambe area based Liverpool supporting contingent.
Seasider9601

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:15 pm

morecambegeek wrote:How many extra would the £10 tickets have brought through the gate CC?

Correct me if I'm wrong but after the free admission game against Dagenham didn't we reduce prices to £10 for the next game against Cheltenham and it hardly made any difference in the attendance?

Dagenham - 4029
Cheltenham - 1586
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:16 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:How many extra would the £10 tickets have brought through the gate CC?

Correct me if I'm wrong but after the free admission game against Dagenham didn't we reduce prices to £10 for the next game against Cheltenham and it hardly made any difference in the attendance?

Dagenham - 4029
Cheltenham - 1586

Correct.
Seasider9601

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Shrimpy wrote:

Dagenham - 4029
Cheltenham - 1586

Absolutely, a fact conveniently ignored by most people who advocate lowering prices to increase attendance.

4029 when it costs nothing to get in also says a lot about the town's apathy towards the club.
morecambegeek

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Previous League Cup 1st Round Attendances at the Globe (all against League 1 opposition)

15/16 vs Sheffield United - 2168
14/15 vs Bradford - 2395
13/14 vs Wolves - 2545
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:19 pm

I'd say Sheffield United brought a lot more fans than Wolves did too.

I remember being quite disappointed by their support numbers that day.
Seasider9601

Postby black morse » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:49 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:

Dagenham - 4029
Cheltenham - 1586

Absolutely, a fact conveniently ignored by most people who advocate lowering prices to increase attendance.

4029 when it costs nothing to get in also says a lot about the town's apathy towards the club.

It says the majority of people want something for nowt! Even if we were winning every week and playing entertaining football a gate of 2.500 would probably be the norm until we were in the play offs and if we got to Wembley suddenly we'd have a decent following for that one match.
black morse

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:46 pm

I dread to think what sort of crowd we'd take to Wembley, were we lucky enough to get there again within the next 5-10 years. We took a decent number for the play-offs because it was brand new and also many of our fans have never seen the shrimps play there.

A couple of my Sheff Utd supporting colleagues at the game last night saw a sign saying adults and up to 3 kids for £17 and commented that you couldn't complain at that price..... I told them many people do! The apathy of the towns population towards its own football club is criminal.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby SolentShrimp » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Middle of the skool holidays.
Everyone's in Benidorm.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Considering we only charged a tenner for a team like Liverpool pre-season the attendance was very, very low.

Even from the Morecambe area based Liverpool supporting contingent.

It was their youth team. For me an attendance of 2000 was alarmingly high. Why would anyone who doesnt normally attend go just because the opposition has Liverpool in the name? Bizzare.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:I've a feeling that the cost to watch last night's game resultedcin a poor turnout by the Morecambe public. Also l wasamazed that there was nobody dining in the W&L last night. For such a game against good opposition the lack of diners who provide much welcome extra money was surely worrying for the Board. I understand that a similar situation could happen on Saturday.

That along with the continuing lack of ground sponsorship must be having serious problems with the financing of our club... :?: :?: :?:

The low number of diners were upgraded to the boxes...
We still need a match sponsor for Saturday if you have any spare wads ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:Why would anyone who doesnt normally attend go just because the opposition has Liverpool in the name? Bizzare.

Armchair Liverpool fans would rather watch their kids play in a pre season friendly than Morecambe in a competitive League 2 fixture.

There will also be a large number of that crowd turning up hoping that a big name player ends up playing.
Shrimpy

Postby KenH » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:53 pm

morecambegeek wrote:4029 when it costs nothing to get in also says a lot about the town's apathy towards the club.

It confirms the relatively low population levels and the local demographics. We're surrounded by countryside and water and have poor transport links. The relatively low population is also made up of large proportions of elderly/blue rinse brigade on one side and by chavs etc the other. 4000 is probably as good as it would ever get, even if we were in a higher league regularly playing (and beating) bigger clubs.

Not just football though. It's the same reason we have no decent shops, precious few attractions, etc. A few years back, Paul Daniels came to The Platform - you think The Globe attendances are bad, you should have been there - the audience was dozens rather than hundreds! It's why Frontierland closed, why the swimming pool closed, etc. Simply not enough people of the right demographics.

It is what it is! But what is worrying is that numbers seem to be continuing to fall from already low numbers.
KenH

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:06 pm

...and yet I attended a lecture given by a wildlife video photographer at the Platform and the event was sold out. However the audience was made up of a good number from outside the town so maybe your reasons for low attendances throughout the town are valid.

I find it hard to accept that our town team can't attract the numbers especially when we look over the water towards Barrow...but maybe it's partially due to the fact that Morecambe hasn't any industry to speak of and therefore the public just don't have money in their pockets....

Sad really.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

But that big win on the Lottery isn't far off..... ;)

Just checked the number of 'home' fans at Stanley last night...1022....so don't expect many on Saturday.
Christies Child

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:50 pm

I have been to the Platform to see Ken Dodd and Henry Blofeld and both events were sold out.

Give people what they want and they turn out.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby slackAlice2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
Teams like Morecambe wrote:Why would anyone who doesnt normally attend go just because the opposition has Liverpool in the name? Bizzare.

Armchair Liverpool fans would rather watch their kids play in a pre season friendly than Morecambe in a competitive League 2 fixture.

There will also be a large number of that crowd turning up hoping that a big name player ends up playing.

You could replace Liverpool with any Premier league side. 'Armchair' UTD or Liverpool fans is an easy insult to throw around. A lot are in the armchair because you can't get tickets to the club you support; you can't or shouldn't change who you support.
A lot of football 'fans' like to watch their football sat in the pub with their mates and a few pints; that ain't going to change any time soon. The youth are also growing up watching their football televised and don't seem to have the same interest 'older' types have in going to the match any more.
I still like going to a live match.
The Liverpool fans and I count myself amongst them can neither afford or get tickets for most matches so go along and support Morecambe as a second team and have done for several years now and I know there's quite a few Utd , City , and other teams fans that do the same. Take them out and you might have a few hundred less at home games.
slackAlice2

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:52 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I've a feeling that the cost to watch last night's game resultedcin a poor turnout by the Morecambe public. Also l wasamazed that there was nobody dining in the W&L last night. For such a game against good opposition the lack of diners who provide much welcome extra money was surely worrying for the Board. I understand that a similar situation could happen on Saturday.

The low number of diners were upgraded to the boxes...
We still need a match sponsor for Saturday if you have any spare wads ;)

Step forward the area's leading Caravan Seller , and I don't mean Stewart Longton :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Next

Return to General Discussion