2-0 To Hartlepool

Re: 2-0 To Hartlepool

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:01 pm

On assessment of today, I thought we played some tidy football and unlucky not to score with the chances we created. However, the ref & linesman had a lot to answer for with some of the decisions. It could have been a lot worse with only Murphy injured. However, in parts we still panicked hoofing the ball anywhere & communication was lacking between players, shame Murphy went off as it may have been a different outcome with his leadership on the pitch. Hope it ain't serious. Unlucky that we hit the bar twice and Ellison's goal was ruled off side, thought Mullin & Molyneux played well. Still 45 matches to go and early days. Bingham for Hartlepool looked a decent player. Just glad we have our quality catering team & not theirs, the best food was the Haribo's for 50p. :lol:
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Visitor website have quoted Jim ''not looking good'' rgarding Murphy .
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby billinghampoolie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:33 pm

black morse wrote:
billinghampoolie wrote:Pools fan here possibly the best morcambe team I have seen today, granted only maybe seen you play us 6 or 7 times but you can count yourselves a little unlucky to say the least today. You will cause better teams than us problems this year their is no doubt about that. Think the difference this year for us is we have a team with dangerous forwards on the pitch and are capable of taking our chances. We will improve dramatically as the season progresses when we get our new team sorted and one or two teams will get a shock from us. Id definately be putting you down for a few away wins on the coupon this year, looked a dangerous team. Great atmosphere there today and a crowd of 4300 great to see our ground rocking again after some horrendous last few years. Next up for us a trip to York one of our boagey grounds hoping we can get a similar result as today in front of 2000 travelling Poolies. Dont think it will be long before you pick up your first win. Keep the faith.

Thank you. Living in the South West I don't get to see many Morecambe matches so praise from an opposition fan carries a lot of weight for me. When I saw the score I must admit I was a bit disheartened but if you say we played well I'll do as you say and keep the faith :)
to say we were dreadful last year would be an understatement, not once did a team come here and create the chances you did today. You might be set up to be a really good away team obviously its just the one game but id be surprised if we play many better teams this year at home. If I had a bit of spare cash id be having a dabble on an outside play off shot. Id of been proud of my team in defeat if we played like that. Happened to us at elland road few year ago ripped them apart and still got beat.
billinghampoolie

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Cheers I would agree with that on the whole, but in recent years we have collected our points in the sunshine and on green grass , we are used to being at the top of the League by now ;)

Those that went will understand what you say, but we need a finisher
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:02 am

marky No.1 wrote:Cheers I would agree with that on the whole, but in recent years we have collected our points in the sunshine and on green grass , we are used to being at the top of the League by now ;)

We will play a lot worse than that and still beat many teams. Haven't seen a Morecambe team so creative in yonks. Second half performance was hugely entertaining. Roche made an outstanding save prior to their first goal, and I thought it was a sloppy Kenyon mistake that resulted in their second.

Perhaps Lady Luck deserted us but the signs are very promising... Bring on Stanley, time to put the hoodoo to rest
Caged Lion

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:43 am

marky No.1 wrote:Cheers I would agree with that on the whole, but in recent years we have collected our points in the sunshine and on green grass , we are used to being at the top of the League by now ;)

Jack Ryan should have been on longer than 5 minutes especially when we are 2-0 down.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 am

As others have said. It wasn't a bad game, we just missed a finisher. Wildig played deeper than I was hoping for and our free kicks didn't seem to work, apart from 1. Still It's all started again and I'm still hopefull of a great season.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:52 am

Yes, we normally start the season with a flourish and are at or near the top after the first 6 games or so. However it doesn't all sound to be doom and gloom, so let's hope we can pick up and move forward.
Just thinking (dangerous I know!!), but is this the first time since we have been a league club that we have started off the season's league fixtures with a defeat???
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am

13/14 lost 1-0 at Wycombe. 11/12 lost 0-1 at home to Barnet. 10/11 lost 2-0 at Wycombe
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:37 am

outsider wrote:As others have said. It wasn't a bad game, we just missed a finisher. Wildig played deeper than I was hoping for and our free kicks didn't seem to work, apart from 1. Still It's all started again and I'm still hopefull of a great season.

Difficult to understand as he played in a forward role in pre season.

:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:51 am

Thanks Outsider. Just goes to show that as you get older you only remember the good times!!!! :D
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Christies Child wrote:
outsider wrote:As others have said. It wasn't a bad game, we just missed a finisher. Wildig played deeper than I was hoping for and our free kicks didn't seem to work, apart from 1. Still It's all started again and I'm still hopefull of a great season.

Just about the only thing we got wrong yesterday apart from conceding of course , Wildig playing much deeper than he did pre-season so we didn't get into their area or got them back pedalling as quick . I thought it also forced Mullin who played really well to come deeper also , thus not getting many shots off. Great to see Baz releasing the ball a lot quicker which will have a great effect once the outfield players get used to it :lol: as yesterday on a few occasions they had their backs to him. :o
parceldave

Postby halfwayprawn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Yes the result was wrong,but we played some excellent football at times,Mullin was putting in a great shift and to me is ten times the player Redshaw was, he just needs a quick partner up front with him to help him score lots of goals.
halfwayprawn

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:40 pm

halfwayprawn wrote: ten times the player Redshaw was

Jack fluffed his lines big style 2 yards out yesterday - Carl Baker on the other hand - brilliant
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:13 pm

parceldave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Just about the only thing we got wrong yesterday apart from conceding of course , Wildig playing much deeper than he did pre-season so we didn't get into their area or got them back pedalling as quick . I thought it also forced Mullin who played really well to come deeper also , thus not getting many shots off. Great to see Baz releasing the ball a lot quicker which will have a great effect once the outfield players get used to it :lol: as yesterday on a few occasions they had their backs to him. :o

With the injury to Murphy it looks more likely Wildig will be given more defensive duties, personally I would just swap like for like with Goodhall or Kenyon coming in for Murphy.
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:01 pm

They were clinical and we weren't. Great chances for Devitt, Wildig, Edwards, Mullin and Ellison and we couldn't find the net.

Thought we played well all game bar half an hour after Murphy's injury. I think it shook the team and meant a reorganisation. Injury looked bad and really hoping not a cruciate or similar. After 7 minutes of your season a serious injury would be brutally unfair.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:58 pm

I thought we put in a good shift overall, but we're understandably second best at the beginning of the first half when Murphy picked up his injury and we had to change our personnel. As others have said, plenty of chances created but we just didn't convert or the ball didn't fall for us from the rebound.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, I thought Ellison had a terrible game. He popped up with a stunning effort where he struck the bar from a tight angle (which he created it himself with a great bit of control in the box), but other than that offered little. Actually I think by accommodating him in the side we pushed Wildig (our best player by a street IMO) back into midfield (he has looked really good in a role behind the strike during preseason) and isolated Mullin. I really think we should be using Kev as an impact player this season, its no good flogging him for 90mins each week. Mullin was on a yellow when he was subbed, but I still couldn't believe Ellison lasted the entire game.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Sounds to have been a very encouraging display...which argues well for the future. :D

However still find it difficult to understand why when 2-0 down and strikers not converting chances that Jim didn't use Jack Ryan for a lot longer than 5 minutes. I bet he was chomping at the bit to get on, but 5 minutes is hardly time even to get into the pace of the game.

By all accounts this lad is built like a brick sh*t house which is something that we haven't had for many seasons. For me Jim has to make use of him even at the expense our elder statesman. PNE have loaned him to us because they want to see him develop in League football, not to sit on the bench.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:22 pm

Christies Child wrote:PNE have loaned him to us because they want to see him develop in League football, not to sit on the bench.

I would rather we pick our team based on who Jim sees as the best chance to win the game, not to appease Preston North End.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:08 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
Christies Child wrote:PNE have loaned him to us because they want to see him develop in League football, not to sit on the bench.

I would rather we pick our team based on who Jim sees as the best chance to win the game, not to appease Preston North End.

Agree....but 5 minutes to affect the result....... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:11 pm

That's why Jim's the manager and know's what he's doing ;)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:That's why Jim's the manager and know's what he's doing ;)

Wouldn't disagree but just making an observation on what appears to have been an excellent (other than the result) team performance, ruined I suggest by the unfortunate injury to the skipper..... :)
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:21 pm

Are you saying C.C. isn't capable of managing the team?
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:45 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

CC is most certainly NOT capable of managing ANY team...even Sunday League :!: :!: :!:
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Christies Child wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

CC is most certainly NOT capable of managing ANY team...even Sunday League :!: :!: :!:

Agreed :) :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion