O/T PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING

O/T PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:45 pm

If any SVers live in the Preston area be aware that a Public Health Warning has been issued that all tap water used for drinking or cleaning vegetables should be boiled before use. A treatment plant near Preston has a major problem and has issued a warning that people drinking water or cleaning vegetables may get a bout of the shits if the water has not been boiled prior to use.

This has just been announced on North West Tonight.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Oh great just had a meal at Lytham Festival... hope that's out of said area but Faithless and Pendulum were awesome.

Toilet paper required :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Martin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:If any SVers live in the Preston area be aware that a Public Health Warning has been issued that all tap water used for drinking or cleaning vegetables should be boiled before use. A treatment plant near Preston has a major problem and has issued a warning that people drinking water or cleaning vegetables may get a bout of the shits if the water has not been boiled prior to use.

The warning was issued by United Utilities but I'm not wholly convinced that you have relayed it verbatim
Martin

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:37 pm

http://m.lep.co.uk/news/drinking-water- ... -1-7396881

Spent £10.50 on bottled water tonight :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby The Marksman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:18 am

I can't think of a better excuse to drink lager.
The Marksman

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:28 am

Quite a large area for a stop-cock-up :? Good job Blackpool will be quiet on a weekend like this, without too many tourists!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:41 am

Martin wrote:
Christies Child wrote:If any SVers live in the Preston area be aware that a Public Health Warning has been issued that all tap water used for drinking or cleaning vegetables should be boiled before use. A treatment plant near Preston has a major problem and has issued a warning that people drinking water or cleaning vegetables may get a bout of the shits if the water has not been boiled prior to use.

The warning was issued by United Utilities but I'm not wholly convinced that you have relayed it verbatim

Possibly not but at least I let fellow SVers know of problem, with that reply from you I possibly shouldn't have bothered..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Christies Child

Postby Martin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Martin wrote:

Possibly not but at least I let fellow SVers know of problem, with that reply from you I possibly shouldn't have bothered..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry Neil, no offence. Looks like my dry sense of humour fell on stony ground.
Martin

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 pm

The Marksman wrote:I can't think of a better excuse to drink lager.

It's International Beer Day today, your not allowed to drink water and the sun is shining. I think I might join you. :D
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Martin
Some would say that I don't have a sense of humour....they are wrong of course.... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion