O/T Brits at the Tour...

O/T Brits at the Tour...

Postby Freez » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 pm

It would appear that never having won it, since Bradley and then Chris Froome started grabbing the title, our friends from over the water are a little less charitable and are even reporting on TV that Froome is on something!!!
Blimey!
There are plenty on here know more about it than I, but it would appear they are accusing him of being the new Lance?? :D

French peasantry or suspicion??
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Re: O/T Brits at the Tour...

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:42 am

I personally can not believe that Froome is doping. That era has gone from cycling now and most riders are clean although there will always be the odd one as in any sport. Team Sky introduced their anti doping policy a few years ago and anybody who had ever been remotely involved with doping had to leave, this involved not only riders but staff as well. I think from memory it was only staff members who had to quit.

These allegations are based on guesswork and not facts by some French doctor but unfortunately it was headline news in France and some people believe it hence the urine throwing incident.

It's just sour grapes in my opinion.

There's still two tough mountain stages to go including l'alp Duez on Saturday so it's not over yet then the finish in Paris on Sunday when I expect to see Mark Cavendish take the win although most of his lead out train have abandoned.
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby halfwayprawn » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:38 am

Froome said, he would have test after the race had finished, but only physcological and not necessary a blood test.
halfwayprawn

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:04 am

Typical French....

When their main men over the years can't compete with the likes of Froome and others they have to find some muck to throw at them making accusations that they know will create headlines nationally.

Froome and the whole of the present day Sky set up are completely clean and are leading the way to ensure that the sport develops a clean mentality.

As for blood tests, they are mandatory after such an event so Froome has no option other than to comply.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Christies Child wrote:Typical French...
When their main men over the years can't compete with the likes of Froome... ...they have to find some muck to throw

No, it was urine. Even the French aren't THAT crude! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion