New captain

New captain

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:45 am

Jim says 3 or 4 players over pre season will get their chance to get the arm band http://m.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-7344205

Out of the starting 11 I'd say if it was a list of 4 it would have to either baz, Paz, Ellison if a regular starter or maybe edwards ?
Kendalshrimp

Re: New captain

Postby KenH » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:41 am

Can't see it being Baz nor Kevin who I think will be seeing less time on the pitch this season. Paz is the obvious choice of the established players. Edwards still young, experienced and learning the trade so probably not this time around. The defence is solid as it stands. Between them, Baz, Paz and Edwards know what they're doing and work well with each other & with Beeley and Willow, and can control the back line without an armband.

I think Jim could be looking at Wildig or Murphy. I know he has stated a preference for defenders, but he's brought them both in to take charge of the midfield, and maybe a midfielder captain can control and direct the other midfielders and attacking players more effectively. I think we saw with Hughes that he didn't really have much control/influence on what went on outside the defence!
KenH

Postby black morse » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:24 am

KenH wrote:Can't see it being Baz nor Kevin who I think will be seeing less time on the pitch this season. Paz is the obvious choice of the established players. Edwards still young, experienced and learning the trade so probably not this time around. The defence is solid as it stands. Between them, Baz, Paz and Edwards know what they're doing and work well with each other & with Beeley and Willow, and can control the back line without an armband.

I think Jim could be looking at Wildig or Murphy. I know he has stated a preference for defenders, but he's brought them both in to take charge of the midfield, and maybe a midfielder captain can control and direct the other midfielders and attacking players more effectively. I think we saw with Hughes that he didn't really have much control/influence on what went on outside the defence!

Agree with this. If the emphasis is going to move towards a more attacking style we need a captain in midfield. Defence knows it's job and can take care of itself.
black morse

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:04 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:Out of the starting 11 I'd say if it was a list of 4 it would have to either baz, Paz, Ellison if a regular starter or maybe edwards ?

Never a 'keeper as Captain IMO.

Barry has been Captain previously.

Paz would be my choice.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Freez » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:18 am

Paz, Beels, Murphy possibly?
All will be revealed, cant wait! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:00 pm

I agree that the captain should ideally be a midfielder who gets a decent view of all areas of the team as the game progresses.
From what I have observed, Parrish is not right for the role. He is too quiet for me, not vocal enough.He does lead by example by the commitment he shows but I think his game would suffer if he had the extra responsibility of being captain. I agree that it just doesn't work for the keeper to be captain.
So for me it should be Murphy, Wildig or Molyneux but bearing in mind I have no idea of their leadership qualities and we have not seen them play yet. Maybe Shaun Beeley would be a good choice?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:32 pm

The Captain should be the clubs talisman. A rock and a true professional to look up to for the fans and the players. For that I would give it to Parrish.

On the pitch, it makes no odds - we need 3 or 4 leaders on the pitch that are the go to people when the chips are down that let the talented players get on with what they are doing. Seeing what I have of the signings from their previous clubs, I'd say that we have a spine of horrible buggers that will go through whatever wall you ask of them to get to the other side, alongside some more lightweight players with the added quality.

I'm very excited about this season. I haven't been this excited since Sammy's last season, when we signed on paper some absolutely awesome players who turned out to be over the hill journeymen managed by a bloke seeing out his contract to get pensioned off. Hope I'm right this time!
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:33 pm

I've always thought Kenyon has good captain attributes. He'll always be the first to attempt to get everybody geared up after conceding a goal, and is very vocal and from I can tell seems to encourage rather than criticise. However, I don't rate him as a good enough player to be worth starting every game...probably one for the future?
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:35 pm

goneshrimping wrote:The Captain should be the clubs talisman. A rock and a true professional to look up to for the fans and the players.

This: ^^^

goneshrimping wrote:we need 3 or 4 leaders on the pitch that are the go to people when the chips are down that let the talented players get on with what they are doing.

And this: ^^^

goneshrimping wrote:Seeing what I have of the signings from their previous clubs, I'd say that we have a spine of horrible buggers that will go through whatever wall you ask of them to get to the other side, alongside some more lightweight players with the added quality.

AND this: ^^^

goneshrimping wrote:I'm very excited about this season. I haven't been this excited since Sammy's last season, when we signed on paper some absolutely awesome players...

And this ^^^ as well :D :D :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Keith wrote:
goneshrimping wrote:The Captain should be the clubs talisman. A rock and a true professional to look up to for the fans and the players.

This: ^^^

goneshrimping wrote:we need 3 or 4 leaders on the pitch that are the go to people when the chips are down that let the talented players get on with what they are doing.

And this: ^^^

goneshrimping wrote:Seeing what I have of the signings from their previous clubs, I'd say that we have a spine of horrible buggers that will go through whatever wall you ask of them to get to the other side, alongside some more lightweight players with the added quality.

AND this: ^^^

goneshrimping wrote:I'm very excited about this season. I haven't been this excited since Sammy's last season, when we signed on paper some absolutely awesome players...

And this ^^^ as well :D :D :D

Do you wana get anymore up goneshrimpings arse :shock:
Kendalshrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Do you wana get anymore up goneshrimpings arse :shock:

Which bit do you disagree with Kendal [hell] shrimp??? :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Haven't been able to pick up any info yet as to who has had a go at being captain in the two friendlies, nor obviously anything as to how they might have performed in that role. Any feedback at all on this?
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Bees in the first game and Paz in the second. For me Bees looked more like a leader than Paz.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby halfwayprawn » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Choice of two for me, Parrish/ Murphy .Ellison when he is on the pitch gives a lot of advice up front which helps Parrish out and to say Parrish does not shout just study him.
halfwayprawn

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Edwards captains the side tonight. Looks like it's a 3 horse race between him Paz n beeley
Kendalshrimp

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Against Bolton I think Parrish, Edwards & Dugdale were all captains at one point or another. From that I'm reading into it that JB will select a CB to the role(?).
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 pm

The contenders have all had a go, so who is it to be?

I will go Murphy
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:02 pm

marky No.1 wrote:The contenders have all had a go, so who is it to be?

I will go Murphy

I'll go with that as well..... :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:54 pm

...and so does the Manager ...
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion