30.85% Capacity

30.85% Capacity

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Our average crowd is now 1,998 with over 4,000 empty spaces

Carlisle are bottom with just 24.04% and have over 13,000 empty spaces :o .... the total is over 500,000 empty "seats" every week

bottom-tickets-clubs_3326057.jpg
bottom-tickets-clubs_3326057.jpg (76.48 KiB) Viewed 843 times

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9915096?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: 30.85% Capacity

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:57 pm

An American style business model is required here, not nessecarily for short term profit, but a long view is required throughout the lower leagues, an improved matchday experience, with better facilities and food etc ,for less £££s per head,will attract more fans, it then becomes the 'norm' to attend the match on a saturday, lowr league teams in the USA, reap the benefits this way,people on fixed incomes need more for their money, look up 'wilmington hammerheads' website, and look what they have on offer, similar size stadium, small town, healthy attendances for a relatively unknown team.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:30 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:An American style business model is required here, not nessecarily for short term profit, but a long view is required throughout the lower leagues, an improved matchday experience, with better facilities and food etc ,for less £££s per head,will attract more fans, it then becomes the 'norm' to attend the match on a saturday, lowr league teams in the USA, reap the benefits this way,people on fixed incomes need more for their money, look up 'wilmington hammerheads' website, and look what they have on offer, similar size stadium, small town, healthy attendances for a relatively unknown team.

That's a sensible answer, MPH. Are you feeling alright?

It helps to fill their stadium when they only charge £7.50 for an adult ticket and look at the price of season ticket deals! :o

hammerheads.jpg
hammerheads.jpg (209.68 KiB) Viewed 784 times
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bill ding » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Looking at their end of season attendances and the amount of banning orders they are handing out I can see Blackpoo getting towards the top of that table soon .
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:41 pm

an Organ player like in Ice Hockey & Baseball would be a right laugh, like when play as stopped the Organ player can wind the Ref up and other players when they're being booked .

-> https://youtu.be/vb19d08Lnec
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:16 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:...similar size stadium, small town, healthy attendances for a relatively unknown team.

Ooh, it was all going so well until...

Morecambe population at last census (2011) 34,768
Wilmington population at last census (2010) 112,067

If you can find a US town with a population of around 35,000...

I agree with the basic element to your argument, that the 'match day experience' is still not good enough for the majority of fans but it isn't as simple as replicating the US model.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:35 pm

wilmington covers an area 5 times the size of morecambe and lancaster,so its a grey area as to what constitutes a town,and I was using them as an example, as they are my 3rd team, I love the Hammerheads!!
mrpotatohead

Postby Freez » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:49 pm

But that doesn't include Heysham, current population now up to 18,000, pretty big village????
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Keith wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:...similar size stadium, small town, healthy attendances for a relatively unknown team.

Ooh, it was all going so well until...

Morecambe population at last census (2011) 34,768
Wilmington population at last census (2010) 112,067

If you can find a US town with a population of around 35,000...

I agree with the basic element to your argument, that the 'match day experience' is still not good enough for the majority of fans but it isn't as simple as replicating the US model.

Catchment area is far greater than that. We travel up to an hour to get to each home game... (give us a bridge over the bay!) yet we don't come within the population density of Morecambe. What's been needed is entertaining football. If Jim does grab another striker who is hell bent on scoring we will see everything improve. The creative players are in place now (convinced) and the fans are itching to sing their tits off for a bit of success. This is our season, it won't get better because if we don't get to the play-offs this year players will hoist their sails. We have nothing to lose,

Anyhow babbler/rant over,,, there are plenty of folk in the bay region who will support and attend Morecambe FC games if they are given something enjoyable to watch. and say what you like, this squad is a bloody eager bunch for success. that much is obvious.

So let's stop fannying around... get down there and sing your hearts out because I have a very large wager on us to win promotion!!!
Caged Lion

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:07 pm

I thought we were playing entertaining stuff last night,problem is, we were doing so all through our friendlies last year,then tactics changed when the season started.
mrpotatohead

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:11 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I thought we were playing entertaining stuff last night,problem is, we were doing so all through our friendlies last year,then tactics changed when the season started.

Maybe, but the midfielders we have now are a layer better than the ones Jim let go
Caged Lion

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Caged Lion wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:I thought we were playing entertaining stuff last night,problem is, we were doing so all through our friendlies last year,then tactics changed when the season started.

Maybe, but the midfielders we have now are a layer better than the ones Jim let go

1 step forward and 3 back for spuddy
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:48 pm

oh really?
you found last season entertaining then?
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:33 am

correct

I feel we will start this season well, with people thinking not many teams will stop us, then a Mansfield scenario by shutting up shop for the rest of the season, and then the morale of the fans and players(going by body language) going like a flat beer.
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion