Kendal Town pre season match

Re: Kendal Town pre season match

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:57 am

Letting you drink while watching the game was great especially on a sunny evening. I always thought the law was you couldn't do it at any football match but it doesn't seem to apply at that level as a few Kendal fans were saying a lot of grounds they visit let you drink it must just be a league thing then?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Well to be honest I can't remember ever winning 5 - 0 away at Netherfied before. ;) ;) :o . I do remember though standing by the goal that Morecambe were playing towards in the first half last night and I'm sure that there was a great big valley that dropped away pretty sharpish. Netherfield had a 'keeper (think his name was Holmes, but might be wrong), and we used to wind him up something rotten. In one match he told us to bugger off down the hill and wait at the bottom to collect all the balls that Morecambe put wide and over the top. Within 5 minutes he was picking the ball out of the back of the net. Ah................good memories. :D :D
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:01 pm

cyprus-shrimp wrote: I'm sure that there was a great big valley that dropped away pretty sharpish.

I definitely remember that !!!

It was there until at least the late 1980's / early 1990's when they then erected that stone panel wall !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:02 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Letting you drink while watching the game was great especially on a sunny evening. I always thought the law was you couldn't do it at any football match but it doesn't seem to apply at that level as a few Kendal fans were saying a lot of grounds they visit let you drink it must just be a league thing then?

Its the same at Tiny Chopper and Salford City.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby halfwayprawn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Do the fans still swap ends at halftime,never any real trouble at Christie in doing this with selective teams supporters.
halfwayprawn

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:54 pm

halfwayprawn wrote:Do the fans still swap ends at halftime,never any real trouble at Christie in doing this with selective teams supporters.

Wait until we play Blackpool whose fans are predicting to do a 'Lancaster'. Maybe they will do it at half time by running onto the pitch to change ends..... :?: :?: :?:

Seriously I expect our club to have enough stewards to stop such a happening but at what financial cost...... :?: :?: :?:

Make it all ticket with tickets bought at both the Bolton and Bury matches.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Richard Head » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Don't suppose anyone found a Morecambe rattle at Netherfield, some bastard nicked it off me at a match there in 1967
Richard Head

Postby halfwayprawn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:06 pm

No but I saw a few dummy,s on the pitch at the end.
halfwayprawn

Previous

Return to General Discussion