Edwards next

Edwards next

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 am

Jim came out n said yesterday that redshaw wasn't the only attracting interest, you'd hope the board will be happy with the redshaw money now and knock any similar offers back for Ryan. Just when we thought we had a squad ready to challenge this season...hopefully we don't lose another one :cry:
Kendalshrimp

Re: Edwards next

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:47 am

It's a fact of life. I'm really happy that the structure that Jim has set up is bearing fruit. £180k for a player picked up from Altrincham on a free. Shows we are doing things the right way

More stuff likely this, better players, better facilities, actually turning a profit?

Loverly stuff.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:53 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:Jim came out n said yesterday that redshaw wasn't the only attracting interest

Stop scaremongering. It read more like a general comment that we have a good crop of players at the moment and naturally that will naturally attract interest from other clubs.
Shrimpy

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:15 am

I think Jim is a bit optimistic though saying we have a million pounds worth of talent.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby bill ding » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:50 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I think Jim is a bit optimistic though saying we have a million pounds worth of talent.

We dont anymore ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:27 pm

can easily replace him for any six figure sum. X 3+
George Dawes

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:45 pm

George Dawes wrote:can easily replace him for any six figure sum. X 3+

Thing is we won't pay a fee for anyone ! If Edwards goes next I bet we'll only get less than half invested back into the squad, they'll probably promote Chris Doyle before signing a replacement !
Kendalshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:55 pm

:roll: pretty sure we got Edwards for nothing in the first place, so why not another freebie, we can cash in on?
George Dawes

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Ok I've bitten!
What is it with people. Get real, we do not have the luxury of keeping hold of players if they want to leave or someone comes calling and neither should we either if it's also in the interest of the player. They also have a career to think about you know, this is their career which they get paid to do and which in turn puts food on the table at home and clothes on their kids backs. As for Jack and imho I think it's a good move all round, for him and his family (giving them security and him a move up a league with better pay) and for us some money which can be used towards balancing the books and a little towards extra wages for new player/s. This is what happens in football clubs in case you didn't realise. It's a business and needs to be run successfully which believe it or not and contrary to popular belief, I think our club does in very tough times. Jim and Ken do an excellent job in bringing in new talent and working to make them better, the squad better and unfortunately sellable!! Get use to it, it's what the football club is all about. Instead of thinking of this as a negative turn the tables and be proud of what the club has achieved in furthering Jacks career with a profit for us. Good luck Jack!
nobbyshrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Maybe one of the triallists will be signed up.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby black morse » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:26 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:Ok I've bitten!
What is it with people. Get real, we do not have the luxury of keeping hold of players if they want to leave or someone comes calling and neither should we either if it's also in the interest of the player. They also have a career to think about you know, this is their career which they get paid to do and which in turn puts food on the table at home and clothes on their kids backs. As for Jack and imho I think it's a good move all round, for him and his family (giving them security and him a move up a league with better pay) and for us some money which can be used towards balancing the books and a little towards extra wages for new player/s. This is what happens in football clubs in case you didn't realise. It's a business and needs to be run successfully which believe it or not and contrary to popular belief, I think our club does in very tough times. Jim and Ken do an excellent job in bringing in new talent and working to make them better, the squad better and unfortunately sellable!! Get use to it, it's what the football club is all about. Instead of thinking of this as a negative turn the tables and be proud of what the club has achieved in furthering Jacks career with a profit for us. Good luck Jack!

Whilst I agree with this I've just got a small issue. So far as the interest of the player is concerned, yes they have a career to think of and a family to support etc but they have signed a contract which binds them to the club for a certain length of time and this works both ways. The club are giving them a guaranteed wage for a length of time, therefore, I see no reason why the player should move on unless both parties agree. As an extreme example I would quote Sterling and Liverpool. Having signed the contract the player has no rightto leave unless the club wants him to.
black morse

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:18 am

black morse wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:Ok I've bitten!

Whilst I agree with this I've just got a small issue. So far as the interest of the player is concerned, yes they have a career to think of and a family to support etc but they have signed a contract which binds them to the club for a certain length of time and this works both ways. The club are giving them a guaranteed wage for a length of time, therefore, I see no reason why the player should move on unless both parties agree. As an extreme example I would quote Sterling and Liverpool. Having signed the contract the player has no rightto leave unless the club wants him to.

I quite agree however if someone should come calling for a player under contract then the contracted club states a fee to terminate the contract hence the rumoured 180k to our club. They don't walk away for nothing unless of course the contracted club agrees and terminates the contract which in this case we didn't as he was a wanted player. Blackpool might currently be in a little turmoil in our eyes, might have a shite chairman BUT they are a league 1 club with potential. Yes they could go back up or could even come down further (I don't think they will) but if that were to happen Jack would still be earning more and yet commuting a similar distance
nobbyshrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:00 am

Hopefully we will see a few different trialists than the three mentioned earlier.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Return to General Discussion