Redshaw to blackpool

Re: Redshaw to blackpool

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 am

So do you all think it is now going to be a poor season because we have sold Redshaw?
Or do you think we will alter our style of play and it won't make too much difference?

What usually happens in football IMO is that someone often steps up and takes their chance or the team changes their style to suit the players in the squad.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby black morse » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:45 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:So do you all think it is now going to be a poor season because we have sold Redshaw?
Or do you think we will alter our style of play and it won't make too much difference?

What usually happens in football IMO is that someone often steps up and takes their chance or the team changes their style to suit the players in the squad.

So much depends on Mullins now. Instead of being close to betting on a play off place I'm now thinking we might struggle to get into the top half. Not just because it's Jack that's gone but without him and Podge we are definitely short of a goalscorer. Relying on Kev to pull us out again :(
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:52 am

KenH wrote:Move now confirmed on OWS

http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article ... 37209.aspx

Would have a look if it wasn't for those flaming pop ups jumping on the screen all the time :evil:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:53 am

KenH wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:
Pablo wrote:We are already down by £50K on not having a Stadium sponsor.

Surely it's worth more than that, or do you mean £50k per year? Surely not £50k for a five year term?

Yes one year, I presume we will get someone before 5 years
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:55 am

Blackpool are playing at Lancaster City tomorrow.

I wonder..........
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:So do you all think it is now going to be a poor season because we have sold Redshaw?

Like not lumping it forward to a 5'4" striker?
Ace up the sleeve hopefully, we can now move on and Jim can go shopping again..

If he plays at Lancaster they will hack him to pieces
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:07 am

Seasider9601

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:13 am

We have till 1st September before the transfer window shuts, so plenty of time for Jim and Ken to shop around. I would have thought Jim will have told the board he needs to replace Jack if not with one but two strikers.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 am

Sad to see him go. Let's see if the board are guna invest it back in the squad and let jim sign a couple f strikers now. Best of luck jack !
Kendalshrimp

Postby halfwayprawn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 am

Reckon this season we will rely on Barkousen coming out of his shell and injecting a lot of pace in attack,which inturn will allow Mullins and a new striker to provide their fair share of goals.
halfwayprawn

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:58 am

Absolutely disgusted that we've accepted only £180K for Jack.

Our negotiating skills appear to be questionable what with this deal and the lack of progress on a sponsorship deal for the ground naming rights.

What's the betting that Jimbo is questioning why he allowed Podge to move on this morning.
Jack was always likely to move on sooner rather than later so the Podge move for me was poor.

I just hope that the Board see fit to provide Jim with some finances to go and get a replacement.

I bet the Blackpool Board are laughing this morning.

Bloody terrible..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 am

Really CC he only has a year left on his contract and is getting prone to picking up the odd injury so we were never going to get the 250k Peterborough offered.

Are you saying that Jack should be worth more than Carl Baker I'm not so sure, and it's not like he is the leagues top scorer. Anything over 150K for one year left on his contract is more than ok with me.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:20 am

P/T Indie wrote:Really CC he only has a year left on his contract and is getting prone to picking up the odd injury so we were never going to get the 250k Peterborough offered.

Are you saying that Jack should be worth more than Carl Baker I'm not so sure, and it's not like he is the leagues top scorer. Anything over 150K for one year left on his contract is more than ok with me.

This
Shrimpy

Postby KenH » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:06 am

halftimeresults wrote:Even if we had a cup run/Tv money, we still wouldn't see any of it!...Wolverhampton and Newcastle games netted us over £200000 but did we sign anyone?
In fact we only got a couple of players on loan when it looked like we were going down!

Considering Jim had virtually no money that Summer (2013) and had to fill the bench with youngsters for some games (such as Wolves etc)., I think it's clear that a large chunk of the Wolves/Newcastle money was spent on wages for those loan players we brought in early 2014 (Beeley, Devitt & Edwards). I don't think they'd have been affordable if it hadn't been for the televised cup games.
KenH

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:34 am

Sad to see him go but now its time for Jim to do a bit of business.

I would imagine that none of the money received will go towards transfer fees but we now have Jack's wages plus a little extra to bring in 1-2 new faces on short term deals.

I would like to see an experienced/proven lower league striker bought in who is maybe without a club plus a younger lad doing well in the non-leagues or possibly a season long loan from a Prem/Championship club.

Nearly two months to sort something out so lets not panic.

Might end up playing with only one central striker anyway and Mullers is a better target man than Jack to lead the line supported by a couple of attacking midfielders in Kev, Tom and Jamie.
Wild Bill

Postby KenH » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 pm

black morse wrote:Not just because it's Jack that's gone but without him and Podge we are definitely short of a goalscorer. Relying on Kev to pull us out again :(

I'm sure Jim and Ken anticipated Jack's departure when they let Podge and Sampson go. I'm confident that they have a few targets that they are going to replace them with - hopefully two new strikers, one experienced maybe from L1 and either another youngster or a proven striker from the conference. In Jim we trust! Surely he wouldn't have let Podge and Sampson go without a plan B!
KenH

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm

I'm sure Jim has people lined up. We won't miss Redshaw, too many wasted high balls when he played lone striker. He was prone to be lazy without the ball at his feet, though he was a threat with the ball

Looking forward to more fresh faces who are keen to fight hard for a place on the teamsheet

We are going up this season and IMO we will stand a better chance of promotion without Redshaw
Caged Lion

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:Absolutely disgusted that we've accepted only £180K for Jack.

Our negotiating skills appear to be questionable what with this deal and the lack of progress on a sponsorship deal for the ground naming rights.

What's the betting that Jimbo is questioning why he allowed Podge to move on this morning.
Jack was always likely to move on sooner rather than later so the Podge move for me was poor.

I just hope that the Board see fit to provide Jim with some finances to go and get a replacement.

Questionable? The club is not financially is a position to be turning deals like this down. Jack will be a big loss but, given the financial state of the club, it was almost certain that Jack would be sold if a good enough offer came in. Wouldn't mind betting also that Jim has already sat down with the board and asked for some of the funds from the deal to be make available to get another couple of players in.

On another note, does anyone know if Alty are due anything as part of the transfer?
heysham_mfc

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:51 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Absolutely disgusted that we've accepted only £180K for Jack.

Questionable? The club is not financially is a position to be turning deals like this down. Jack will be a big loss but, given the financial state of the club, it was almost certain that Jack would be sold if a good enough offer came in. Wouldn't mind betting also that Jim has already sat down with the board and asked for some of the funds from the deal to be make available to get another couple of players in.

On another note, does anyone know if Alty are due anything as part of the transfer?

No, he was never under contract with Alty, he was technically never their player.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:07 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:

..and that is where we differ.

£180,000 is no way near enough for a proven striker when you look at some of the deals that are done.

But the fact is that our poor state of finances (due in part to our inability to get a deal for the Stadium's naming rights sorted) have had a knock on effect in these negotiations in my opinion. I'll go as far as to say that had a deal for The Globe been sorted, Jack would not have been sold for that ridiculous low figure.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:21 pm

Christies Child wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

..and that is where we differ.

£180,000 is no way near enough for a proven striker when you look at some of the deals that are done.

But the fact is that our poor state of finances (due in part to our inability to get a deal for the Stadium's naming rights sorted) have had a knock on effect in these negotiations in my opinion. I'll go as far as to say that had a deal for The Globe been sorted, Jack would not have been sold for that ridiculous low figure.

I don't see how you think Jack was worth considerably more than what we got for him.

£180k for a striker with only a year left on his contract who will score you between 10-15 goals a season in League 2 seems fair to me.
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Coupled with the fact he's a bit injury prone too
Seasider9601

Postby KenH » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Christies Child wrote:£180,000 is no way near enough for a proven striker when you look at some of the deals that are done.

£180k for one year left looks entirely reasonable if £250k was for 2 years. In 12 months time, we'd have got nothing. He hasn't been "at his best" for the last couple of seasons, with injuries etc and could well have been a dead duck on the field for the 15/16 season. I don't honestly think he's suited to Div 2 and our style of play. Obviously not his fault - he can't help his height and the players around him who constantly hoof the ball to him which he hasn't a hope of getting.

Hindsight will be a wonderful thing next Summer when we look back at our season and look at what Jack did or didn't do at Blackpool. Unfortunately, it's all a gamble and I have faith in Jim and Ken that they have a plan B. We also have no way of knowing what other interest from other clubs for Jack, if any at all - he clearly wasn't keen on moving far so that really does limit the alternative clubs who may have been interested in him.
KenH

Postby Ego Tripping » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:21 pm

So what you're saying is that we should have waited and tried to get more for Redshaw but we should take a poor offer for ground sponsorship as long as its done quickly?

What a load of rubbish. Jack had less than 1 year left on his deal and could have signed for free on a pre contract in less than 6 months. Good deal for the club & great for Jack to get the move he deserves. Jim will have a plan in place, thats for sure.
Ego Tripping

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:56 pm

£180,000 is more than reasonable for a League Two player who has struggled a bit with injury's over the last couple of years. Had the club not sold him now then there's a very good chance he'd have gone on a free next season anyway. It's not like he was setting the league alight last season either, Hopefully some of the money will allow us to increase the wage bill and get in a replacement before the season starts.

Really pleased Blackpool are coming to the Globe in a couple of weeks as it will give Jack and supporters a chance to say thanks and goodbye. Hope everyone gives him the send off he deserves.
(According to the Blackpool official site he could make his debut this weekend V Lancaster)
heysham_mfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion