Redshaw to blackpool

Re: Redshaw to blackpool

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:43 pm

If he does decide to go then I hope Jim gets a bit of cash towards replacing him. Jim and Ken have worked wonders since he took over and they deserve some reward for the hard work.

I wish Jack all the best if he decides the time is right for a new challenge.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:05 pm

IF true then over to you Jack...!!!!"

Not an easy decision in my opinion and begs the question 'are there other more progressive and stable clubs out there interested in our little diamond'..... :?: :?: :?:

Would like to think that Jack and his father are not 100% in favour of a move to what could be a League 2 club next season.

No doubt the rumours will start about the actual fee, but anything less than £200,000 and we've given him away.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:10 pm

IF he goes (and I'm still of the opinion it's a big if), I wonder if he'll play against us in the forthcoming pre-season friendly v 'Pool??
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:37 pm

200k is 200k to plough back into trying to balance the books. Hopefully Jim might get a bit to inject back into the squad also. Neil McDonald has got a tough job, but he is trying his best by bringing players in such as Jack & Cullen, however there is a lot more work to be done, hopefully Karl Oyston will decide enough is enough and allow fans to take the club over. Football is a short career so if Jack decides the time is right then I wish him all the best & we move on to try & replace him.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:57 pm

From Twitter:

WillWatt 2h2 hours ago

Blackpool have submitted a fresh bid for Morecambe's Jack Redshaw. Unclear how much, but he has a release clause of £250,000.
Seasider9601

Postby steve mfc » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Really hope this doesn't happen, the feel good factor of Jim's additions to the squad is slowly being eroded, the reduced budget followed by this news has taken the edge of what was a very optimistic period.

I know we have to be realistic but this certainly won't encourage anyone who hasn't renewed their season ticket to do so, lets not forget the criticism of last season regarding the lack of entertainment, lets hope Jim is allowed at least some of the money to bring another striker in arguably two, it certainly won't be an easy task to replace Jack if he does go.
steve mfc

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:54 pm

steve mfc wrote:Really hope this doesn't happen, the feel good factor of Jim's additions to the squad is slowly being eroded, the reduced budget followed by this news has taken the edge of what was a very optimistic period.

I know we have to be realistic but this certainly won't encourage anyone who hasn't renewed their season ticket to do so, lets not forget the criticism of last season regarding the lack of entertainment, lets hope Jim is allowed at least some of the money to bring another striker in arguably two, it certainly won't be an easy task to replace Jack if he does go.

If Jack does go I'd wait and see who we bring in before casting doom over the whole season. 2 new strikers signing in the wake of Redshaw leaving would be rather exciting and could potentially provide a better goal return between them than Jack on his own.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
steve mfc wrote:Really hope this doesn't happen, the feel good factor of Jim's additions to the squad is slowly being eroded, the reduced budget followed by this news has taken the edge of what was a very optimistic period.

If Jack does go I'd wait and see who we bring in before casting doom over the whole season. 2 new strikers signing in the wake of Redshaw leaving would be rather exciting and could potentially provide a better goal return between them than Jack on his own.

Let's hope that IF it happens that Jimbo can bring in replacements suited to our style of play.
Christies Child

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Knowing Jim and Ken they will have a few in the pipeline already lined up. Still think Scott Boden of Halifax could do a job for us but depends on money. Scored 26 goals in 40 appearances in 2013/14 for Macclesfield and 10 for Halifax last season. Scored against us playing for Chesterfield in 2010. Still only 25 so worth another go in the football league.

Jack has yet to agree terms so not a done deal yet. Hopefully if he does Jim will have a few in mind.
Last edited by BoroRedShrimp on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Let's hope that IF it happens that Jimbo can bring in replacements suited to our style of play.

Davis it is, he should win 90% of every high ball. and effective at L2, after being released from PNE
George Dawes

Postby John L » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Well, that's the first time I've heard of HITC Sport... ;)
John L

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Evidently Jack has a release clause in his contract of £250,000.

I doubt many of us where aware of this and may have been agreed with Jack following the Posh enquiry.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:52 pm

George Dawes wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Davis it is, he should win 90% of every high ball. and effective at L2, after being released from PNE

Struggled to find the net last season though, 1 goal in 30-odd appearances I think??
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Ryan Lowe on loan please
halftimeresults

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:07 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Ryan Lowe on loan please

Jim went after him last season as a loancdeal Would be an ideal partner for Mullers who could learn a lot from the guy. Ticks all the boxes for me and could well happen. Can u imagine him and Kevin together late in a game.?????
Christies Child

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Lowe, Boden & Mullin would be ideal.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby james456 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:35 pm

If it's a good offer (£250,000 plus) then snap their hands off and run.

Being a selling club isn't a bad thing - it's a good strategy for a club of our size. That quarter of a million quid (assuming it's in that region) could be invested into our training facilities/youth academy. And if most of it unfortunately has to be used to simply balance the books then so be it - all the more reason to sell!

I will be sad to see a talent like Jack leave but if a deal is struck, Jim will have proven that he can take a player from non league for no money and produce a polished, valuable talent. And we can all look forward to the next one to come through. Jack isn't the only exciting player we will ever have.
james456

Postby chipbuns » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:49 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:

Lowe, Boden & Mullin would be ideal.

BodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBodenBoden
chipbuns

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:41 am

Looks like a deals just about sorted. Good luck little mexican, adios amigo! :(

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport ... -1-7349012
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:50 am

New_Ground_Watcher wrote:Looks like a deals just about sorted. Good luck little mexican, adios amigo! :(

According to that they bid an outrageous £150K and it looks like they have dealt below the so called £250K release clause.

We wouldn't cave in though would we?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:29 am

marky No.1 wrote:
New_Ground_Watcher wrote:Looks like a deals just about sorted. Good luck little mexican, adios amigo! :(

According to that they bid an outrageous £150K and it looks like they have dealt below the so called £250K release clause.

We wouldn't cave in though would we?

Very good question.

IF Jack has expressed a desire to go then we have to play fair by him and accept that we probably will not get the release clause value. But as I've already said anything less than £200K and it would be an insult.

It's doubtful we will ever get to know the fee until the accounts for this year are released by which time the club may have moved onwards and upwards BUT that will all depend on whether Jim is given some finances to get a suitable replacement. As has been mentioned a certain Ryan Lowe would be ideal short term whilst Mullers comes to terms with the extra responsibility of being one of our leading strikers.

Jim already had a striker targeted maybe he will be able to bring him in assuming that the deal is completed and also re-sign Andreas. :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 am

Ryan Lowe will be good short term for 12 months but not the answer long term. If Jack does agree that will only leave Mullin as our key striker. Mullin needs more support up front with another young fresh pair of legs. Ryan Lowe is 36 and may or may not work out, with another striker it gives us more options. Davies may not be the answer as I would have thought his wages may be a problem even after leaving PNE.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Ryan Lowe we've already got one pensioner in our attack don't need another !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Ryan Lowe we've already got one pensioner in our attack don't need another !

....but there are pensioners and there are PENSIONERS.... ;)
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Ryan Lowe we've already got one pensioner in our attack don't need another !

Why? If he's good then what does it matter how old he is?
Shrimpy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion