Redshaw to blackpool

Re: Redshaw to blackpool

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Lancs Evening Post said today that Morecambe have turned down an offer from Blackpool for Jack as it wasn't near to their valuation of the player.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:11 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Lancs Evening Post said today that Morecambe have turned down an offer from Blackpool for Jack as it wasn't near to their valuation of the player.

If we accepted 250k off Peterborough last summer then we won't get that again this year as he's only a year left on his contract. Maybe 175k plus a sell on fee will do it..that's if Blackpool come back with another offer, they may of well signed Cullen instead of jack rather than jack to partner him !
Kendalshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:59 am

goneshrimping wrote:1. At the moment, I'd want Karl Oyston's money up front and no sell on - we'd never get it.

2. Forget number 2, I was going to say about a tribunal if he's under 24 - he'll be 25 at the end of the contract.

at a club he likes........

it's a legal binding contract, they would have to pay.

cant help but feel, it's like our luck for us to lose Redshaw to injury this season and we'll be kicking ourselves when he leaves for nothing at the end of next season. wishing we took that offer.

but on the other hand, he will be playing with the best midfield we've ever had on paper, he will be getting more chances in-front of goal and could finish top scorer in L2
George Dawes

Postby black morse » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:16 am

George Dawes wrote:
goneshrimping wrote:1. At the moment, I'd want Karl Oyston's money up front and no sell on - we'd never get it.

2. Forget number 2, I was going to say about a tribunal if he's under 24 - he'll be 25 at the end of the contract.

at a club he likes........

it's a legal binding contract, they would have to pay.

cant help but feel, it's like our luck for us to lose Redshaw to injury this season and we'll be kicking ourselves when he leaves for nothing at the end of next season. wishing we took that offer.

but on the other hand, he will be playing with the best midfield we've ever had on paper, he will be getting more chances in-front of goal and could finish top scorer in L2

Yea, let's be positive about it. Redshaw top scorer in League 2 and play off place (at least ;)
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:36 am

Lets be realistic here, he's a decent player, who scored 12 last season, he's 24, so he's not setting the world of footy on fire is he?

we are not going up or down with our present squad, so any transfer fee, albeit for overall team strenghthening, debt reduction, or a bit of both, is a very welcome no brainer, if we keep him and he has a good season, we get nothing, if we keep him and he has a bad season or gets injured we also get nothing, so its thanks and tata, Jack.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Jettyson » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:32 am

mrpotatohead
Perfect summary; we could end up with nothing for him so sell now and continue to build.
a bit injury prone so unlikely to play a full season with us and as it stands we're probably not going anywhere without strengthening further but we have no cash.
Sell and use the money.
Jettyson

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:36 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Lets be realistic here, he's a decent player, who scored 12 last season, he's 24, so he's not setting the world of footy on fire is he?

we are not going up or down with our present squad, so any transfer fee, albeit for overall team strenghthening, debt reduction, or a bit of both, is a very welcome no brainer, if we keep him and he has a good season, we get nothing, if we keep him and he has a bad season or gets injured we also get nothing, so its thanks and tata, Jack.

You have summed it up in a nutshell mrpotatohead. We either get another year out of him and hope for the best or he goes for nothing at the end of the season.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Freez » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:27 pm

But he could score goals and get us in the play offs the leave for nothing, having done his job? Just saying like!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:55 pm

If I thought we were automatic promotion candidates then maybe, but we aren't and we have no money.
mrpotatohead

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Couple off injuries or yellow cards mounting and our season will fizzle out after Christmas. I hope we can maintain a promotion push but it means keeping players fit as well as having consistent referees throughout the season which never happens. With two strikers it is going to be a struggle to maintain their fitness all season unless all the team can contribute with their fair share of goals as well. Hopefully we may have one more addition come the start of the season but seems unlikely from reports.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Freez » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Didn't say automatic promotion. Possible play offs IF we stay lucky! And it's a massive IF!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Eyes on the prize: people thought selling Duffy at Christmas a few years ago was a good idea through fear of missing out on a transfer fee. He was one of a few creative players we had on our books at the time yet was sold. We nearly went down.

If Jack left us for nothing in a years time it wouldn't be the end of the world; we've had our moneys worth from the fee we paid Alty.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Now_Then » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:51 pm

Would Jack want to go to Blackpool? Oyston is famous for handing out incentive based contracts rather than paying decent wages. After reading what Chopra said about the training facilities(Turners field sounded better) and having to bring your own lunch into training everyday, would it be a good move for him?

I agree that having a fit and firing Jack Redshaw for the whole of the next season is better than watching £150k getting swallowed up with nothing to really show for it.
Now_Then

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:06 pm

I think I'm right in saying that our players have to pay for their lunch.... I think its comes straight out of their wages?
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Now_Then wrote:Would Jack want to go to Blackpool? Oyston is famous for handing out incentive based contracts rather than paying decent wages. After reading what Chopra said about the training facilities(Turners field sounded better) and having to bring your own lunch into training everyday, would it be a good move for him?

I agree that having a fit and firing Jack Redshaw for the whole of the next season is better than watching £150k getting swallowed up with nothing to really show for it.

Football is a short career so it depends if we can improve Jack by taking him to the next level with us. Also we can't compete against the likes of Blackpool for better wages so eventually we are likely to lose him one way or another. We don't know how this season is going to pan out in the league or performances on the pitch. We don't know if injuries loom for Jack which then prevents us from a successful season. If it clears debts off by the powers above to keep the club going then so be it. It all depends what the season holds and whether jim persuades him to sign another contract.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:31 pm

What would be better...selling jack for £200k or keeping him which could be the key in our promotion push this year were going up would see us get a lot more prize money than that ? How many games did jack win us last season on his own ? Now he's got a better midfield behind him if he stays fully fit he could well be the difference in finishing in the top 7. I wouldn't sell as a club of our nature wouldn't be able to attract a replacement of jacks quality and would rather keep him if we're serious about promotion this season !
Kendalshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:42 pm

I expect his situation will be sorted out one way or another this week, for the sake of the club as a whole jack needs to go, asap, for as much as possible.

Even if blackpool dont give PMG what he wants, somebody else probably will, and he didn't get rich by sitting and watching any of his prize assets become worthless.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:02 pm

just don't think any money from Redshaw will go back into the team
George Dawes

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:58 am

RedRedWine wrote:Eyes on the prize: people thought selling Duffy at Christmas a few years ago was a good idea through fear of missing out on a transfer fee. He was one of a few creative players we had on our books at the time yet was sold. We nearly went down.

If Jack left us for nothing in a years time it wouldn't be the end of the world; we've had our moneys worth from the fee we paid Alty.

We didn't pay Alty a penny.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 am

RedRedWine wrote:I think I'm right in saying that our players have to pay for their lunch.... I think its comes straight out of their wages?

Anyone here have to pay for their lunch at work? I know I do.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:04 am

George Dawes wrote:it's a legal binding contract, they would have to pay.

He'll find a way if he thought he could and doesn't give a monkeys about anything anymore. See the Nile Ranger situation for more evidence on that, a victory for quite literaly no-one.

I'd be avoiding Blackpool like the plague. Club in freefall and turmoil, and I think the Redshaw family saw through the Peterborough nonsense and I think they'll see through this.

From what I know of Blackpool, their basic wage will probably be lower than what he's on with us, he'll only earn if he's playing.

Given he's made of balsa wood, that alone would mean I'd not be one for going to the Tangerines.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:51 am

goneshrimping wrote:
George Dawes wrote:it's a legal binding contract, they would have to pay.

He'll find a way if he thought he could and doesn't give a monkeys about anything anymore. See the Nile Ranger situation for more evidence on that, a victory for quite literaly no-one.

I'd be avoiding Blackpool like the plague. Club in freefall and turmoil, and I think the Redshaw family saw through the Peterborough nonsense and I think they'll see through this.

From what I know of Blackpool, their basic wage will probably be lower than what he's on with us, he'll only earn if he's playing.

Given he's made of balsa wood, that alone would mean I'd not be one for going to the Tangerines.

Can you back that up with evidence of Jack's current wage to the players at Blackpool? I can see him being offered a lot more than with us even though Blackpool have gone down hill recently. They get better home attendances than us even with all the problems at the club. One way or other some club will offer good terms to Jack.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby The Marksman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:01 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:What would be better...selling jack for £200k or keeping him which could be the key in our promotion push this year were going up would see us get a lot more prize money than that ?

Selling Jack for £200k. League Two winners prize money is £25k.
The Marksman

Postby black morse » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:34 am

The Marksman wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:What would be better...selling jack for £200k or keeping him which could be the key in our promotion push this year were going up would see us get a lot more prize money than that ?

Selling Jack for £200k. League Two winners prize money is £25k.

Plus increased gate money next year 8-)
black morse

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion