Re: Redshaw to blackpool

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:49 pm

www.fansonline.net/blackpool/article.php?id=2362

You have hit the headlines Kendalshrimp. :lol:
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Club should should only hesitate in a sale if they are confident of getting a bigger offer from the Lashers or elsewhere.

We can easily replace Redshaw with a few quid in the bank. He isn't keen on hard work unless the ball is at his feet, but with the ball at his feet he is good enough to play for Blackpool

Wish him well and the sooner he goes the better. We need to move on because the only position we are lacking is a proven striker to lead the line. With Redshaw gone we have lost 3 out of our 4 strikers, though Ellison could also be classed as a striker he hasn't played that role for us.

Sayonara Jack
Caged Lion

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Caged Lion wrote:Club should should only hesitate in a sale if they are confident of getting a bigger offer from the Lashers or elsewhere.

We can easily replace Redshaw with a few quid in the bank. He isn't keen on hard work unless the ball is at his feet, but with the ball at his feet he is good enough to play for Blackpool

Wish him well and the sooner he goes the better. We need to move on because the only position we are lacking is a proven striker to lead the line. With Redshaw gone we have lost 3 out of our 4 strikers, though Ellison could also be classed as a striker he hasn't played that role for us.

Sayonara Jack

I think you are underestimating his abilities. Also I don't believe he will be easy to replace. We might have the money to bid for proven quality but persuading players to come to our beautiful town has proven difficult in the past.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:Club should should only hesitate in a sale if they are confident of getting a bigger offer from the Lashers or elsewhere.

Sayonara Jack

I think you are underestimating his abilities. Also I don't believe he will be easy to replace. We might have the money to bid for proven quality but persuading players to come to our beautiful town has proven difficult in the past.

Yes Jack is good but for the last two seasons not been a 20+ goal scorer. I would rather us get back something than an empty pot come next July, unless he signs a new contract. You look at Scott Boden he has proved he could possibly score goals at our level but depends on money available which we don't have unless we sell one of our players. Also we may risk keeping Jack for the remainder of his contract and like before he gets injured for part of the season, then we lose everything once his contract is up. Persuading players to come to our town has not been a problem with Jim this year so I have faith in him to pick another gem if Jack is sold.
Last edited by BoroRedShrimp on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:

Sayonara Jack

Money talks......if we had some that is.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Taken from the Blackpool Fans Forum....

A few days ago the rumour was that we had bid £150k but Morcambe wanted £250k. He is out of contract at the end of next season so Morecambe will want something for him before then. Last summer a transfer fee and personal terms were agreed with Peterborough but he subsequently decided not to go.
I wonder whether the Cullen transfer was in addition to this or because this one fell through?
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:50 pm

if the £175.000 is true, I would take that aslong as we had a sell on clause of 30% and another £175.000 once he reaches 50 goals or/and a certain amount of apperances.
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:55 pm

George Dawes wrote:if the £175.000 is true, I would take that aslong as we had a sell on clause of 30% and another £175.000 once he reaches 50 goals or/and a certain amount of apperances.

We're dealing with a well known shark..so for me it's maximum money up front plus a sell on clause that is so water tight that even he can't squirm his way out of...

I'll be starting a fund for my libel case very shortly.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Lloydie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:57 pm

sell, sell, sell!

Kevin Davies needs a club for next season, need a big man for the attacking midfielders to play off 8-)
Lloydie

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:47 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/article.php?id=2362

You have hit the headlines Kendalshrimp. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe mr oyston will see this and decide to spend his money elsewhere ! It's a big gamble for them to sign 2 strikers from league 2 and expect instant promotion back to the championship. There's a rumour on their forum too that there in for Kevin Davies aswell.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Sell Jack for £200k then give Grimsby £25k to get Podge back. Quickest profit they'll ever make and if Podge was played regularly in the position Jack is currently occupying he'd do a great job.

Or, get Jack to sign a new contract with us now.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Keith wrote:Sell Jack for £200k then give Grimsby £25k to get Podge back. Quickest profit they'll ever make and if Podge was played regularly in the position Jack is currently occupying he'd do a great job.

Or, get Jack to sign a new contract with us now.

Best post on this topic..... :D :D :D
Christies Child

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Can't believe so many want to cash in on Jack. He's top class and is due an injury free season. With our midfield investment, he could grab 20+ goals for us this season and make promotion a real possibility.

If we got £200K for him now, I doubt much of this would be invested back in the team and we would then be desperately short up front.

Hopefully Jim can persuade Jack to sign a new contract and then next summer we either keep him a bit longer or get a decent fee for him.
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
If we got £200K for him now, I doubt much of this would be invested back in the team and we would then be desperately short up front.

We are short up front, anyway
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:I'd take £175k sign Andy mangan and a goalkeeper.

Too late, he has signed for Tranmere who are spending their season ticket money with great haste....
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:29 am

Wild Bill wrote:Can't believe so many want to cash in on Jack.

Hopefully Jim can persuade Jack to sign a new contract and then next summer we either keep him a bit longer or get a decent fee for him.

But if he doesn't sign a new contract, then he goes for nothing. If he is considering going next summer, then why sign a new contract? If he doesn't sign one, then he gets a signing on fee rather than us getting a transfer fee. Those twenty goals this season could cost £10,000 each. Can we afford that?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:19 am

Could be a wise move for redshaw to stay and go for free next season. He'd get bigger wages plus a signing on fee as we wouldn't be entitled to compensation as he'd be 25 next summer. So maybe the board will look to sell unless they think they would rather keep jack to push for promotion and if achieved well profit a lot more than £250k. On the other hand with the likes of edwards and mullin if they were to leave next season then we'd still be entitled to compensation as their under the age of 24 so if the club could potentially make a lot of money over the next couple of years but I'm hoping they show abit of ambition and try everything possible to keep rather trying to get the best fee for our best young players !
Kendalshrimp

Postby black morse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:40 am

So we seem to be falling into two camps......those that want to sell Jack now, because he'll probably go next year and we'll get nothing, and those that would prefer to keep him as he is an important piece of the play off push this season.

My view is that with the losses we make every year it is quite possible that sooner or later we will drop out of League 2 unless we have some very good cup runs, with TV money etc, make some BIG money by selling a player in the future.....£500,000 plus, or gain promotion.

I'm still uneasy about our goalkeeping situation but I do believe we probably have as good a chance of a play off place, and a chance of promotion, this year as we are likely to get. I believe that chance diminishes if we lose Jack. We seem to have a more attacking team this year and we should keep Jack, unless a substantially larger offer comes in, and go all out for a play off place.
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:43 am

The offer has been made,and we have told them what we want, so they will probably meet in the middle,thats obvious, the devil will be in the detail, I.E, a sell on clause, appearance money payments, and of course jack agreeing to go,if he did stay here a year, have a good season, and reach the age of 25,he could easily walk into most league one teams and ask for a 100k signing on fee and at least double his present wages.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:07 am

1. At the moment, I'd want Karl Oyston's money up front and no sell on - we'd never get it.

2. Forget number 2, I was going to say about a tribunal if he's under 24 - he'll be 25 at the end of the contract.

From what I've heard about the Redshaw's, they're smart. Turned down big money moves to clubs that wouldn't respect him and give him the backing and support that we have, and wants to stay "local".

If I were Jack, I'd get a full season under my belt and go on a free. We are owed nothing by him, he's given everything. If he's firing this year with the squad we've got and we are lucky with injuries, we might just challenge the top end of the table ourselves at a club he likes........
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 am

Keith wrote:If he is considering going next summer, then why sign a new contract??

1) More money to play this season
2) Security of employment (he might not have a great season or get injured)
3) Respect for the Club that has supported him through long term injuries and allow them to get something if/when he does move on

Blackpool isn't a safe bet IMO for him. If I was him I wouldn't be signing up with the Oystons for a few more quid. Think a good full season with us will allow him to develop as a player too.
Wild Bill

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:51 am

Wild Bill wrote:
Keith wrote:If he is considering going next summer, then why sign a new contract??

1) More money to play this season
2) Security of employment (he might not have a great season or get injured)
3) Respect for the Club that has supported him through long term injuries and allow them to get something if/when he does move on

Blackpool isn't a safe bet IMO for him. If I was him I wouldn't be signing up with the Oystons for a few more quid. Think a good full season with us will allow him to develop as a player too.

As you stated though we are not guaranteed Jack is going to stay fit throughout the season. If that happens we either lose value on him with having only a season left or he goes for free. I would rather us cash in on him now knowing that we may get 200k rather than losing out completely. Maybe other clubs are monitoring the situation as well as Blackpool so we can hold out for more.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:58 am

The ball is firmly in Blackpool's ( or should that be Oyston's ) court.

Peter McG will I'm sure have let Oyston know the bottom line but with Peter's experience of negotiating with business men of greater expertise than Oyston, I'm sure he is more than capable of ensuring that any deal completed is to the benefit of our club.

For me a minimum of £200K has to be the going figure and payable in one lump sum rather than in stages. The Oyston family are renowned for squirming on deals for the slightest reason.

Can't think of many fathers who would prosecute their own son for the use of his car without permission...... :o
Christies Child

Postby black morse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:20 am

Christies Child wrote:The ball is firmly in Blackpool's ( or should that be Oyston's ) court.

Peter McG will I'm sure have let Oyston know the bottom line but with Peter's experience of negotiating with business men of greater expertise than Oyston, I'm sure he is more than capable of ensuring that any deal completed is to the benefit of our club.

For me a minimum of £200K has to be the going figure and payable in one lump sum rather than in stages. The Oyston family are renowned for squirming on deals for the slightest reason.

Can't think of many fathers who would prosecute their own son for the use of his car without permission...... :o

Time to start your libel defence fund CC.
black morse

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:27 am

black morse wrote:
Christies Child wrote:The ball is firmly in Blackpool's ( or should that be Oyston's ) court.

Time to start your libel defence fund CC.[/quote]

All donations more than welcome..... ;)
Christies Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion