Budget cut affect

Budget cut affect

Postby Kendalshrimp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:31 am

http://m.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-7332512

Baz will remain first choice. We're going to look for a young keeper from premiership or championship as a number 2. Plans to sign a striker on hold. A cup run, selling someone or new stadium sponsor could change things
Kendalshrimp

Re: Budget cut affect

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:47 am

Ouch! :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 am

And another read on the stadium sponsorship and Shanghai Clever latest:

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7332517
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:57 am

Quality article and quality insight.

Agree with it all, and I think we are pursuing the right recruitment processes. In our situation, we are far better getting what we can early rather than late.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:33 pm

What an absolute farce the ground sponsorship has become. It's disappointing that the club has not been able to attract a suitable partner, given they've known how long the deal with the Globe construction was to last. Even more ridiculously we are keeping the name of a defunct failed company as the branding for our home ground! I understand that there will be costs associated with rebranding etc, but from a commercial point of view this just looks terrible to any would be sponsor.

Why don't we - the fans - come up with our own stadium name and use that until a suitable sponsor comes forward? I suggest New Christie Park.... We could even ask NCP carparks if they want in.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Accrington Stanleys ground gets a name change every 2 years which provides them with much needed revenue!....you have wonder what goes on at the club sometimes because getting a new sponsor for the ground should of been priority!
halftimeresults

Postby Lloydie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:19 pm

I feel a FCOM whip-round for new signs coming :lol:
Lloydie

Postby underbank » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:00 pm

I think the club made a bad mistake in branding the function rooms as the globe arena as it was always going to be a pain, costly and potentially damaging to change the name every few years. The function rooms should have had their own branding/name which would last beyond the ground sponsorship periods. People have got used to calling it the Globe Arena for weddings, parties etc., and that's probably why they're keeping the name. Much less damaging to change the name of the football stadium every few years as few people care, but changing the name of the party/wedding venue, which all it entails including new web domains, etc isn't good business sense.
underbank

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:00 pm

I might change the name of my business to 'The Morecambe Globe' removal & storage Co, and reap the benefits of free publicity!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby KenH » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:47 am

The club desperately needs some proper commercial/business expertise as it's becoming embarrassing and is damaging the club's future whilst they're limping along in such an amateur fashion. How many directors have now left in recent years? Why are they leaving and where are the replacements?
KenH

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:17 am

the club are doing very well and frankly dont need comments like that,they have a chairman who digs deep every year, and a very small fan base, therefore income, for a 'commercial team' to manage, if we pay a new commercial manager say, £60,000 a year, he instantly has to generate an extra 4 grand a match just to cover his wages, for gods sake. The off the pitch team are doing well in the globe function suite, and as for new directors, if its a big deal to you, remortgag your house and go and join the board.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:30 am

mrpotatohead wrote:the club are doing very well and frankly dont need comments like that,they have a chairman who digs deep every year, and a very small fan base, therefore income, for a 'commercial team' to manage, if we pay a new commercial manager say, £60,000 a year, he instantly has to generate an extra 4 grand a match just to cover his wages, for gods sake. The off the pitch team are doing well in the globe function suite, and as for new directors, if its a big deal to you, remortgag your house and go and join the board.

Good post... but we can't escape the fact that the club have known about the loss of Globe for some time and when asked at the last AGM about a replacement it was said that negotiations where in hand which was reiterated at the last Fans Forum.

I think fans have a right to ask questions of the Board about the length of time taken to date to get to the stage we are now.

I suspect that a deal was on the table hence why Jimbo was in a position to recruit 5 new players but then for some unknown reason the deal has not been completed (yet?). As a direct result of this Jimbo has had his 'agreed' budget reduced (temporarily?) but the possible sale of Jack may go part way to resolving the current situation.

However the need to bring in a new main stadium sponsor continues to be paramount in my opinion.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:28 am

Grass isn't always greener - Leyton Orient still have 4 players earning £100K a week between them and are contracted for another season.
That is more than our budget for everyone for a few seasons!

They are willing to let them all go on a free

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/06/30/ch ... -out-of-s/?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion