Redshaw to blackpool

Redshaw to blackpool

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 am

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackp ... y-striker/

They've already splashed out on mark Cullen from Luton looks like jack could be on his way now too.
Kendalshrimp

Re: Redshaw to blackpool

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 am

You would normally say a great move for him, but with all that's going on off the field he could well arrive in no mans land.
Lets see if he's wearing red or orange on the 28th

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread ... ZT6N_lVhBc
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:54 am

this has been on the cards for weeks,he'll be more than doubling his wages ,at least we will get a fee, Nixon is rarely wrong when it comes to transfer matters in the north west.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:01 am

marky No.1 wrote:You would normally say a great move for him, but with all that's going on off the field he could well arrive in no mans land.
Lets see if he's wearing red or orange on the 28th

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread ... ZT6N_lVhBc

I thought this myself but apparently they've got one of the top playing budgets in league 1 this season. New manager if they get off to a good start all will be forgotten what's going on off the field but it wouldn't be a nice place to be if the fans continued to be like they was there last season. Hopefully we get a decent fee if it goes through. I think edwards will be the next one to have clubs after him now !
Kendalshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:09 am

and we would have to sell :cry:
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:14 am

To be replaced by who though IF this happens??

All a big IF.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:18 am

Worrying but let's face it not totally unexpected.

IF he goes and he will sooner rather than later it's probably better to go now when we can command a fee for him rather than come the end of the season when he would go for nothing.

Any money from the Sale would hopefully enable Jim to bring in the striker he was after according to the info in the Visitor from Mr Dixon.

It may also prove to be a good move for all parties.

Anything in the order of £200,000+ would be acceptable. Anything less and it would be an insult to both the player and to the club.

Somewhat ironic that we bring in Tom B from Blackpool where many of their fans rated him and now there's the chance that Jack could be making the reverse move....funny old game :!: :!: :!:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 am

might be a very shrewd move Neil?
mrpotatohead

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 am

if Jack goes and it leads to us being able to bring in a replacement for him + another striker that Jim was after and sign a sub keeper then it would be good business I think.
Shrimpy

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 am

mrpotatohead wrote:might be a very shrewd move Neil?

From the Shrewsbury forum:

I was nevertheless encouraged by Mellon's statement today that he wants a nippy striker to play off the target men and make runs in behind the opposition's back-line. That's exactly what the squad needs.

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/threa ... z3ej0a4FwM
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:36 am

mrpotatohead wrote:might be a very shrewd move Neil?

Most certainly.... :!: :!: :!:
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 am

Bid rejected http://m.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-7338187

Rumoured to be in the £175k region

The board are probably hoping they make a bid if they already haven't. With us being £400k in the red last year this would be a perfect way to cut losses. I still expect jack to be playing for us first game of the season tho we've heard all this many times before
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:10 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:Bid rejected http://m.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-7338187

The board are probably hoping they make a bid if they already haven't. With us being £400k in the red last year this would be a perfect way to cut losses. I still expect jack to be playing for us first game of the season tho we've heard all this many times before

How to get Oyston mad in one easy lesson is to refuse him something....wouldn't be surprised if he comes back with an improved offer.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:19 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:Bid rejected http://m.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-7338187

Where's the "rumoured" £175k figure come from ??
Seasider9601

Postby bill ding » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:46 am

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7338187

End of ;)..................(edit) for now
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:48 am

I work with a Bury fan and he reckons that we have been sniffing round Ryan Lowe for a bit now and we was trying to sort a loan deal out to xmas but it could be a load of bollocks!
halftimeresults

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am

nobody pays their first offer.
mrpotatohead

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:30 am

I'd take £175k sign Andy mangan and a goalkeeper. You only get half a season out of redshaw anyway as good as he is. He missed loads of last season.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:43 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:I'd take £175k sign Andy mangan and a goalkeeper. You only get half a season out of redshaw anyway as good as he is. He missed loads of last season.

If he does leave IMHO we would need 2 strikers. Why would we sign a goalkeeper ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby black morse » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:58 am

Exactly. If we get £200,000 plus for Jack, and I don't think we should sell for less, then you can expect no more than half the fee to go into the 'players pot'. We need the money but I don't like the idea of going into this season without Redshaw unless we can get a good replacement.
black morse

Postby bill ding » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Christies Child wrote:

How to get Oyston mad in one easy lesson is to refuse him something....wouldn't be surprised if he comes back with an improved offer.

As long as its not to buy the club :shock:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:27 pm

It makes sense that we cash in now before he is out of contract, unless Jim offers him another. However it depends how much clubs are willing to go to prize him away. I doubt we will get mega money when he has not scored on a regular basis for the last two seasons. Ryan Lowe would fit in however it depends how injury prone he is. Scott Boden who plays for Halifax and since leaving Chesterfield has been on the score sheet on a regular basis. Some decent strikers from the lower leagues but depends on whether we can afford to pay a fee if Jack Redshaw was sold.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby KenH » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:52 pm

black morse wrote:Exactly. If we get £200,000 plus for Jack, and I don't think we should sell for less

But if we don't sell him this Summer, we'll not sell him at all. I hope the club have other offers and are confident of getting more than £175k from either Oyston or someone else this Summer. £175k is a lot of money that could finance a long term replacement for Jack. The alternative is effectively playing him for the final season (hopefully he stays fit), and then giving him away for nothing next Summer. The Board will be kicking themselves if they lose the deal for the sake of £25k or so and end up with nothing.
KenH

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

KenH wrote:The Board will be kicking themselves if they lose the deal for the sake of £25k or so and end up with nothing.

Not if (as I suspect) Jack stays with us, helps fire us into the Play Offs and promotion becomes reality?

Then they'll be glad we kept him.

Yes, we can all dream, but..... you never know.
Seasider9601

Postby black morse » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
KenH wrote:The Board will be kicking themselves if they lose the deal for the sake of £25k or so and end up with nothing.

Not if (as I suspect) Jack stays with us, helps fire us into the Play Offs and promotion becomes reality?

Then they'll be glad we kept him.

Yes, we can all dream, but..... you never know.

I agree with this. I think we now have the makings of a play off team with midfielders who can push for goals. Kev is getting slower and we can't rely on him to continue coming up with the goals and to make the play offs we need someone else to score 12 + in the season. To me Redshaw is that person if he gets more support than he has done at times before. I'm not entirely against selling him now but we need enough to pay for a good goalscoring replacement.
black morse

Next

Return to General Discussion