Squad As It Stands

Re: Squad As It Stands

Postby MfcChris » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Caged Lion wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Don't rule out 5 at the back either.. I just hope we play to our strengths and dont overly worry about the opposition

Seems to me that Jim has outed all the 'nicer' players and opted for aggressive lads who can understand Scouse. !

:lol: What was Hughes then?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 pm

MfcChris wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Don't rule out 5 at the back either.. I just hope we play to our strengths and dont overly worry about the opposition

Seems to me that Jim has outed all the 'nicer' players and opted for aggressive lads who can understand Scouse. !

:lol: What was Hughes then?

In a number of peoples eyes he was responsible for hoof ball from the back....and he wasn't particularly good at that either... :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:29 pm

What's happening with Joe McGee after we "loaned" him to Buxton late last season?

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/sport ... -1-7176598
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:17 pm

MfcChris wrote: :lol: What was Hughes then?

Slow with poor distribution, bit of a bully. Didn't mind him at all until he was sent off at Tranmere, we had that game in the bag. New centre back can't have worse distribution
Caged Lion

Postby parceldave » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Christies Child wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Arguably Redshaw is only half a target man so there is a space to fill with the release of Sampson and Amond

:lol:

I expect a blank space tomorrow night on the player shirt sponsors board saying un named striker No. 9

Presume a Captain may be announced as well

Insider info.... :?: :?: :?:

I hope you are right because we are very light up front with proven strikers. I'd even accept a youngster currently in non league to be given the opportunity to become a FL player but would prefer a proven striker to replace Padraig who (for me) deserved another 12 months but sadly looks as though he's returned home to Ireland.

As for the punishment for being overweight on returning to pre season training, I understand that we along with other clubs do this now as a matter of routine. I recall Jimmy Harvey starting this and in its first season the 'pot' was overflowing.... :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Well there was no empty space for a striker on the sponsors board :( , and PMG said that's it , more or less on the transfer front ;) then maybe with all the midfield signings we are going to have a 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 formation . :o
parceldave

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm all for getting another striker in but just can't see were there all guna fit in as we have a few at the minute. If redshaw is fit then he must start, then you've got mullin Tom B an Kev who for me should be used as a striker an nothing else this season. Unless little jack gets injured for a while or ends up moving on, I'd be happy with the strikers we've got and invest the money in a LB
Kendalshrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:I'm all for getting another striker in but just can't see were there all guna fit in as we have a few at the minute. If redshaw is fit then he must start, then you've got mullin Tom B an Kev who for me should be used as a striker an nothing else this season. Unless little jack gets injured for a while or ends up moving on, I'd be happy with the strikers we've got and invest the money in a LB

Don't think Tom B is classed as a striker is he ? We need a Jack Sampson who can score to assist Mullin . ;)
parceldave

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:34 am

I wonder if the fact we only have Redshaw,Mullin & Ellison as the forwards, maybe the plan is for Devitt Barkhuisen & Molyneux to chip in with their share of goals, and don't forget Murphy is well capable of scoring as we know from playing Accy!!! :cry:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:49 am

Ideally goals from all areas of the park and for me that is what Jim and Ken have identified as an aspect of our play that we need to improve upon and that is why they have concentrated on midfield with players who have the ability to score goals.

The big question though is Fleming going to be the play maker or will we see him feature more from the subs bench or even go out on loan come October along with Goodall :?: :?: :?:

Jim said that Fleming was playing for his future with our club this season which sounds to me that he will no longer be one of the first on the team sheet.

Interesting times ahead I feel..... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:03 am

So is Joe McGee still part of the equation on his way back from injury do we think?

I'd like to hope he might get his chance again at some point.
Seasider9601

Postby parceldave » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Christies Child wrote:Ideally goals from all areas of the park and for me that is what Jim and Ken have identified as an aspect of our play that we need to improve upon and that is why they have concentrated on midfield with players who have the ability to score goals.

The big question though is Fleming going to be the play maker or will we see him feature more from the subs bench or even go out on loan come October along with Goodall :?: :?: :?:

Jim said that Fleming was playing for his future with our club this season which sounds to me that he will no longer be one of the first on the team sheet.

Maybe Jim is going down the Spanish route , did they not win the World Cup without a out and out striker. ;)
parceldave

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Chris Doyle has signed for another 12 months - that makes 4 centre backs, 8 midfielders and 1/2 a keeper (sorry Baz)

Roche

Beeley
Parrish
Edwards
Wilson
Dugdale

Fleming
Devitt
Kenyon
Goodall
Molyneaux
Murphy
Wildig

Barkhuizen
Ellison

Mullin
Redshaw

Stewart
Doyle
McGowan
Bailey
Kelleher
Bondswell

A goalkeeper on loan of baz isn't fit and a LB to challenge Wilson who had a difficult season last time round on an off the pitch, I know goodall can cover there but someone who can get up an down the wing would be better. Other than that if we don't lose anyone then I think we're good to go !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Freez » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:17 pm

You are obsessed with Willo having a poor season! How many games did you get to see?
Given his off field double tragedy, personally I thought he was brilliant, but that's just me!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:26 pm

.. And with a couple of his mates in front of him this season I reckon his best is still to come.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Freez wrote:I thought he was brilliant, but that's just me!! :D

No, and me.

More of the same please Loz !! :D
Seasider9601

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Freez wrote:I thought he was brilliant, but that's just me!! :D

No, and me.

More of the same please Loz !! :D

Wilson is a gutsy player who has scored some sensational goals. Where would we get better at this level?

When he goes on a charge upfield the oppo crap their daks. He is a man who means business and needs to be appreciated. I thought he gave his all in every game
Caged Lion

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:19 pm

parceldave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Ideally goals from all areas of the park and for me that is what Jim and Ken have identified as an aspect of our play that we need to improve upon and that is why they have concentrated on midfield with players who have the ability to score goals.

Maybe Jim is going down the Spanish route , did they not win the World Cup without a out and out striker. ;)

Flemo will flourish with the new midfield players Jim brought in. Do Barcelona have an out and out striker?
Caged Lion

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:So is Joe McGee still part of the equation on his way back from injury do we think?

I'd like to hope he might get his chance again at some point.

He will need to power up to break into this squad
Caged Lion

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm

parceldave wrote: Don't think Tom B is classed as a striker is he ? We need a Jack Sampson who can score to assist Mullin . ;)

Ellison?
Caged Lion

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Freez wrote:You are obsessed with Willo having a poor season! How many games did you get to see?
Given his off field double tragedy, personally I thought he was brilliant, but that's just me!! :D

Still need competition in that position. I thought he was woeful at times last season couldn't pass the ball to one of our players in the last few home games I'm not knocking his work rate.

If this is the squad were going into the Hartlepool game with then I'd go 4-4-2

Roche

Beeley Edwards Paz Wilson

Devitt wildig Murphy moleyneux

Redshaw Ellison

Strong bench of Stewart, dugdale, Kenyon, Goodall, mullin, Tom B, Fleming
Kendalshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Caged Lion wrote:Do Barcelona have an out and out striker?

No, they have to do with Neymar, Messi and Suarez..

Like that team, Kendal
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Freez » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:09 pm

I'd start with Mullin over Ellison tbh. He'd be the :lol: Impact sub to come and irritate, annoy and score a few, for me anyways!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby parceldave » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Caged Lion wrote:
parceldave wrote: Don't think Tom B is classed as a striker is he ? We need a Jack Sampson who can score to assist Mullin . ;)

Ellison?

No sorry no disrespect to Kev but as Mr Freez posted , Mullin to start and Kev to come on as impact sub and piss the opposition off in last 15 mins . I Think if Kev is used in this way he will be more effective over the season as he only scored 4 goals in the second half compared to 7 in the first half . ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 am

"That's it"

Quote of preseason
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:38 am

Freez wrote:I'd start with Mullin over Ellison tbh. He'd be the :lol: Impact sub to come and irritate, annoy and score a few, for me anyways!!

Once again Freez has got it spot on with regards to Mullers starting over Kevin. Best impact sub in League 2 without doubt.

Freez must be worried that CC is agreeing with him on almost every subject at the moment.... ;)
Christies Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion