Dugdale

Dugdale

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Is there going to be an interview with him or have I missed it
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Dugdale

Postby Freez » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 pm

It's in the can, I'm unsure if it's been put out on YouTube yet. If not it will be imminent!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Spoke to a few tranmere fans and they have said he's terrible and wouldn't want him in their side even at conference level. Can't time a tackle and turns like a double decker bus apparently. If we play 4-4-2 don't think we'll see much of him anyway unless edwards gets sold.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Just watched interview ... Sounds like he hated it at Tranmere

Welcome to the club Adam and good luck for the coming season
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby John L » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:40 pm

A Crewe fan I work with likened him to Dave Artell, which sounds promising. We lacked solidity at the back last season. Clearly he was unsettled at Tranmere so anything their bitter fans spout should be taken lightly! :lol:
John L

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:44 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:Spoke to a few tranmere fans and they have said he's terrible and wouldn't want him in their side even at conference level. Can't time a tackle and turns like a double decker bus apparently. If we play 4-4-2 don't think we'll see much of him anyway unless edwards gets sold.

Wow , a quick judgement without even see someone wear our colours.

Jim was a centre half and knows what to look for when assessing a player.

Don't you think you should wait until you have seen him in action ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby black morse » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:10 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:Spoke to a few tranmere fans and they have said he's terrible and wouldn't want him in their side even at conference level. Can't time a tackle and turns like a double decker bus apparently. If we play 4-4-2 don't think we'll see much of him anyway unless edwards gets sold.

Wow , a quick judgement without even see someone wear our colours.

Jim was a centre half and knows what to look for when assessing a player.

Don't you think you should wait until you have seen him in action ?

But he spoke to a few Tranmere fans so it must be true :roll:
black morse

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 am

Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 am

FFS KS Tranmere fans blamed everybody including the tea lady for their demise.

Give the guy a chance before passing judgement.

I'm not sure that Tom B can fill the hole left by Padraig but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to show what he can do. IF and only IF he proves not up to the job by all means pass judgement then, but in the majority of cases Jimbo has been proved inspirational in his signings to date... :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 am

In defence of Kendalshrimp, he was only passing on the thoughts of fans who watched him last season, it wasn't his personal opinion.

John L posted similar with an opinion from a Crewe fan yet I don't see anyone jumping down his throat telling him to not post anything positive about him until we've seen him in a Morecambe shirt and judged him for ourselves.

In summary, it's ok to post opinions on players from fans of clubs they have played for previously but only if they are positive. :roll:
Shrimpy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:08 am

Shrimpy wrote:In defence of Kendalshrimp, he was only passing on the thoughts of fans who watched him last season, it wasn't his personal opinion.

John L posted similar with an opinion from a Crewe fan yet I don't see anyone jumping down his throat telling him to not post anything positive about him until we've seen him in a Morecambe shirt and judged him for ourselves.

In summary, it's ok to post opinions on players from fans of clubs they have played for previously but only if they are positive. :roll:

Passing on the thoughts of fans from previous clubs is fine.

But saying that we won't see much of a player unless Edwards is sold is a very unfair opinion of a player that has not yet pulled on our shirt other than to model it !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 am

I'm only going off what fans of his past club have told me, and my honest opinion is if Ryan doesn't leave and we play 4-4-2 then I can't see dugdale getting a game as Jim likes Paz an will probably make him captain i think and he rates Edwards very highly, time will tell !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:26 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:In defence of Kendalshrimp, he was only passing on the thoughts of fans who watched him last season, it wasn't his personal opinion.

Passing on the thoughts of fans from previous clubs is fine.

But saying that we won't see much of a player unless Edwards is sold is a very unfair opinion of a player that has not yet pulled on our shirt other than to model it !

I don't see a problem with it. As said, if we play with 4 at the back then that means one of Parrish, Edwards or Dugdale won't make the starting 11, who would you say is the odd one out in that scenario? Dugdale for me.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:35 am

Quite right my fellow Cumbrian.... :) time will tell as it will on all our signings. However maybe Jim sees Dugdale as being the more creative C/H than we have got at the moment and let's face it Hughes was often pulled up on SVs about his distribution.

If we are to play the ball out of the backs then we need someone who can spot a pass and maybe Jim and Ken have recognised that in him and he discussed his capabilities to play out of the back in his interview on Player.

We are well covered in defence with both Ryan and Paz, maybe Dugdale offers that something extra and different..... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby KenH » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Competition will improve the squad in lots of areas. Last season, Jim had virtually no choices available - the team selected itself. We were very lucky not to have any long term injuries among the defenders. Hughes, as captain was hard to leave on the bench. Jim had to use a back 3 most of the time, particularly as we had virtually no decent midfield. Paz started to look a bit stressed and worn out at times, and would have benefited from the odd match on the bench to rest, so it will be good to be able to rotate a bit this season at the back.
KenH

Postby james456 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Didn't all the Tranmere fans slate Chris McCready and say he was useless too when he came to us from them?
james456

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Christies Child wrote:Quite right my fellow Cumbrian.... :) time will tell as it will on all our signings. However maybe Jim sees Dugdale as being the more creative C/H than we have got at the moment and let's face it Hughes was often pulled up on SVs about his distribution.

If we are to play the ball out of the backs then we need someone who can spot a pass and maybe Jim and Ken have recognised that in him and he discussed his capabilities to play out of the back in his interview on Player.

We are well covered in defence with both Ryan and Paz, maybe Dugdale offers that something extra and different..... :?: :?: :?:

I'd say edwards is as good as most at this level playing the ball out from the back an that's one of his key attributes. Paz gets nervous and usually goes for the long ball but makes up for how solid he is defensively. If Paz n edwards play like they did last season I can't see them being dropped.
Kendalshrimp

Postby The Marksman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 am

james456 wrote:Didn't all the Tranmere fans slate Chris McCready and say he was useless too when he came to us from them?

That was in a division above, and to be fair, although he was an honest trier and we loved him for that, he still wasn't that great.
The Marksman

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Out for 2-3 weeks with an ankle injury sustained in training.

Just tweeted by Shrimps247
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Jettyson » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Thought he looked a liability against notlob but prepared to give him a chance.
Everyone has a bad game sooner or later.
Jettyson

Return to General Discussion