Stav released

Re: Stav released

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 am

Ironic that Stav's final game for our club was possibly the best that he had and sent the Southend masses home somewhat frustrated.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel that this is a big mistake by Jimbo (assuming that he's hasn't got a replacement lined up) in what has been otherwise an outstanding close season recruitment drive and one that I find hard to recall the like of over the years.

:( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Christies Child wrote:Ironic that Stav's final game for our club was possibly the best that he had and sent the Southend masses home somewhat frustrated.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel that this is a big mistake by Jimbo (assuming that he's hasn't got a replacement lined up) in what has been otherwise an outstanding close season recruitment drive and one that I find hard to recall the like of over the years.

I agree a decent keeper is needed otherwise very little point having 10 good players on the pitch. Hope Baz has made a good recovery after his operation.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Why not assume that he has a brain and has a back-up plan?
Trevor

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Trevor wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

We are all entitled to an opinion.....even you..... :!: :!: :!:
Christies Child

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Trevor wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
I feel that this is a big mistake by Jimbo (assuming that he's hasn't got a replacement lined up) in what has been otherwise an outstanding close season recruitment drive and one that I find hard to recall the like of over the years

Well said that man :D
Why does everyone seem to think it is a mistake by Jim when they, as I too, don't know the full picture of what Stav was offered, what he wanted, what Jimbo's thoughts are and now what Jim's plans are? Hell, he's done a pretty cracking job so far so let's assume he will carry on doing so :D
nobbyshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 pm

i would like to be the first, out of 30 comment leavers so far, TO THANK STAV FOR HIS EFFORTS AS A SHRIMP OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS AND WISH HIM WELL IN THE FUTURE, given the title of the post ffs!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:
Trevor wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
I feel that this is a big mistake by Jimbo (assuming that he's hasn't got a replacement lined up) in what has been otherwise an outstanding close season recruitment drive and one that I find hard to recall the like of over the years

Well said that man :D
Why does everyone seem to think it is a mistake by Jim when they, as I too, don't know the full picture of what Stav was offered, what he wanted, what Jimbo's thoughts are and now what Jim's plans are? Hell, he's done a pretty cracking job so far so let's assume he will carry on doing so :D

Agreed. Until we know what is actually going on with the goalkeeper position why the ridiculous amount of negativity?

"Hard to recall the like of over the years", farcical overstatement, classic CC. Bearing in mind we would rather pay a lot of money for Fleetwood's third choice keeper on loan than play Andreas, who we know a lot about over three years, then it makes it look even more ridiculous.

Thank you Andreas. Shame to see a local lad and good luck.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm

So come on posh tell me when we last had a clutch of close season signings that the vast majority of fans felt really confident going forward. 5 players,all of whom are proven in league 2 and who are more than capable of becoming regulars is certainly more than many could have expected given the financial constraints placed on Jimbo who for me has worked bloody wonders.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Lloydie wrote:What's Joe Lewis up to now his dire spell at Blackpool is over, did Cardiff release him? :evil: :evil:

It was reported that once he played so many games for Blackpool, they had to pay Cardiff £40K so he was dropped when the deadline appeared...
These type of deals written into contracts are sh1t.
We have had a few where if they play so many games, they get a contract extension etc.... very open to abuse imo
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:24 pm

i wonder if stav had an appearance clause in his contract.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:49 am

In most cases, the type of deal Blackpool & Cardiff had would be a good one, but sadly, Blackpool are a basket case of a club that's being destroyed from the top :cry: After 'X' number of games they had to pay £40k but it gave Blackpool the right to sign Lewis on a permanent deal for a pre-arranged transfer fee. Blackpool appear to have negotiated the deal with no intention of ever following it through.

Joe's contract runs out at the end of the month. Can't see Joe being willing to drop to League Two but it might be a good way to rebuild his career if he hasn't something else lined up.

Scott or Joe? Choices, choices? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:27 am

[quote="Keith"]In most cases, the type of deal Blackpool & Cardiff had would be a good one, but sadly, Blackpool are a basket case of a club that's being destroyed from the top :cry: After 'X' number of games they had to pay £40k but it gave Blackpool the right to sign Lewis on a permanent deal for a pre-arranged transfer fee. Blackpool appear to have negotiated the deal with no intention of ever following it through.

Joe's contract runs out at the end of the month. Can't see Joe being willing to drop to League Two but it might be a good way to rebuild his career if he hasn't something else lined up.

Scott or Joe? Choices, choices? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:[/quote]

We'll have 'em both :D
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:33 am

so, anyway ,should someone start another post,i dunno,maybe call it, 'Best wishes, Stav' , somthing like that?

And given that we are releasing him on the grounds of budget cuts, its totally ridiculous to speculate about lewis or davis, isn't it?
mrpotatohead

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 am

mrpotatohead wrote:so, anyway ,should someone start another post,i dunno,maybe call it, 'Best wishes, Stav' , somthing like that?

And given that we are releasing him on the grounds of budget cuts, its totally ridiculous to speculate about lewis or davis, isn't it?

I'll go along with that, with one minor alteration:

Best wishes Stav. (Note the removal of the comma - I thought it more appropriate for us to offer Stav best wishes, rather than assume him offering them to the club, or even us!) He's warmed the bench for longer than any other keeper in the last few years, and that must take some patience. I also think he's been the best reserve keeper we've had on the books recently. Yes he made some errors, but doesn't everyone?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby black morse » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:33 am

mrpotatohead wrote:so, anyway ,should someone start another post,i dunno,maybe call it, 'Best wishes, Stav' , somthing like that?

In case no one does I'd certainly like to wish him all the best and hope he finds a good club soon.
You're quite right Mr P we got side tracked, albeit onto a connected and valid topic, but I'm sure that everyone will wish him well.
black morse

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 am

Christies Child wrote:
We are all entitled to an opinion.....even you..... :!: :!: :!:

SupermarketShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:48 am

didn't quite catch that neil, was that your way of wishing stav all the best, in Cumbrian?
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:04 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:i would like to be the first, out of 30 comment leavers so far, TO THANK STAV FOR HIS EFFORTS AS A SHRIMP OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS AND WISH HIM WELL IN THE FUTURE, given the title of the post ffs!!

errrr 2nd!

marky No.1 wrote:Stav has been a great servant to the Club from the bench. Don't think we could have had a much better no.2 who was prepared to sit it out for season after season. Good luck to him.

Maybe I didn't shout loud enough :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Fair enough and sorry Marky, it needed highlighting though, 3 years or so very loyal service and 2 of us wish him well,'bag o shite' .
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:25 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:didn't quite catch that neil, was that your way of wishing stav all the best, in Cumbrian?

As I said in my original post re Stav...'extremely tough on the guy'

He's served our club well and can't think of many players who would have settled for months bench warming whilst seeing loanees coming in when they are more than capable (as was proved) to be a more than able deputy for Baz.

Best of luck Stav. Here's hoping that your next club exploit your professionalism and undoubted talent.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:So come on posh tell me when we last had a clutch of close season signings that the vast majority of fans felt really confident going forward. 5 players,all of whom are proven in league 2 and who are more than capable of becoming regulars is certainly more than many could have expected given the financial constraints placed on Jimbo who for me has worked bloody wonders.

It was simply the context of Jim making 'a big mistake' allied to rest of the hyperbole. I'm excited about the signings, as most of us are. However, as with Stav leaving let's wait before getting too excited.

P.S. There are two bigclose seasons I remember. Sammy getting the catalogue out and blowing the budget on agents sorry Shuker, Crapaldi, Scott, Brown etc. etc. And Jim Harvey signing Twissy, O'Connor, Ruffer, Kelly etc.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby james456 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Good luck Stav but with a limited budget, I think it's a good decision. Why pay the wage of a first teamer who might play one or games games in a season?
james456

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Danny Ward gone on a season loan to Aberdeen. He is off our radar now if we need another loan keeper.

Good Luck Stav in finding another club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33291961
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby black morse » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:50 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:Danny Ward gone on a season loan to Aberdeen. He is off our radar now if we need another loan keeper.

Could we not have loaned out Stav with a call back clause if needed with the recipient club paying at least part of his wages?
black morse

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:05 am

black morse wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:Danny Ward gone on a season loan to Aberdeen. He is off our radar now if we need another loan keeper.

Could we not have loaned out Stav with a call back clause if needed with the recipient club paying at least part of his wages?

We could have loaned him out to Accy with 'special' instructions as to when he played v us..... ;)
Christies Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion