Middle Lane Hogging o/t

Re: Middle Lane Hogging o/t

Postby Jack Poulton » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:31 pm

The fact is that courteous driving on motorways is a thing of the past as the roads have become busier. These days if you drive at 70 you are in a minority, even though it is illegal to exceed it and how many respect 50 zones when engineering is taking place - just observe habits around Junction 34 at the moment. I hate middle lane hoggers but worse are the arrogant outside lane hoggers which gets worse the further south you go. Also I used to respect lorry drivers but not any more as many are just damn dangerous. I've been tailgated many times by them, particularly at night when driving in 50 zones at the limit. Last time I flicked on my rear fog light, mimicking a sudden braking action. Did the tick and I reckon his pants changed colour.
Jack Poulton

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Christies Child wrote:
But then again tricycles aren't allowed on a motorway..... ;)

morecambegeek

Postby SolentShrimp » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 pm

There's far more going on in our sad country than twats hogging the middle lane of motorways. :evil:
Half the ferkers hogging the middle lane are foreigners, most of whom can't read or write a word in English.
Most of them haven't got a UK driving licence.
Even if they had got a UK driving licence, they probably couldn't read or understand it.
Have a look online at how easy it is to get a UK driving licence!
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby slackAlice2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:49 pm

I suspect the guy on the North West News last night might make a decent fist of appealing his case of 'Hogging'. A van full of materials , going uphill , lorry's occupying the 1st lane ?
Its all down to interpretation is the Hogging , what might be Hogging to one motorist is just sensible driving to another ? ?
You see the weaving in and outers though and that can be pretty dangerous at speed.
Its the speed and like someone has already said 'aggressive' nature of a LOT of drivers on motorways and all roads. A car doing 70 MPH on the Motorway is in everybody's way nowadays. The speed limit on Motorways is irrelevant and I've seen motorists doing 85 - 90 MPH go past the patrol cars parked in the bays and there's no response. I'm not sure if they radio ahead, but if you look at the occupant in the police car, they don't seem to be watching ! Looks like they are doing paperwork. But driving standards are generally shocking and you see red lights jumped, Mobile phone use , tail gating everyday even on very short journeys. It surprises me there aren't more accidents.
slackAlice2

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Christies Child wrote:
But then again tricycles aren't allowed on a motorway..... ;)

Has this said tricycle got personalised number plates?

The patrol cars by the side of motorways are usually traffic officers, not police cars
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby slackAlice2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Traffic Officers ; that's probably right. What is there role then just observing ? Dealing with accidents and incidents ? and not motoring offences ?
Never really considered the difference to be honest.
You quite often come across them driving real slow in the first lane.
slackAlice2

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:43 pm

They are there to keep us safe, keep traffic moving and help us with breakdowns They can close roads and adjust the overhead warning signs amongst other things
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:43 am

and no, they can't deal with motoring offences. Motorway traffic wardens who can't give you a parking ticket!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 am

BUT they do communicate with the Police, often informing them of dangerous drivers or ignorant middle lane hoggers!!
Or perhaps the pesky people who overtake in lanes two and three and then return to lane one, like you are supposed to, but idiots class them as weaving!!!! :lol: :twisted:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby slackAlice2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 am

but idiots class them as weaving!!!!

Some of those I see on a daily basis weaving at 80 MPH+ in and out are dangerous idiots and I would say at least as bad as middle lane hoggers :roll:

Moving between lanes safely and considerately , INDICATING - Excellent driving - but a good proportion of IDIOTS treat the Motorway like a race track ; endangering everybody else.
slackAlice2

Previous

Return to General Discussion