Scott Davies

Re: Scott Davies

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:19 am

All depends if Barry has recovered from the Hip operation. No point having a keeper not fully fit on the bench. Tom Stewart not sure if aware if Jim has kept him. If we are spending money bringing top quality players into the club we need 2 fully fit keepers. Maybe Jim will look at bringing in another player or two in pre season to look at. All depends what offers come in for Jack or Ryan over the next month from different clubs as well.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Williams has signed for Brentford and Sampson has been released, so there won't be offers from any clubs for either.

Davies is an excellent keeper, arguably better than Barry. Barry is coming to the end of his career, had a serious injury last season, whilst Davies is of an age where he could be number 1 for several seasons.

If the club has a chance to sign him, and the finances work, they'd be bonkers not to try and secure a deal.
morecambegeek

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:09 pm

morecambegeek wrote:Williams has signed for Brentford and Sampson has been released, so there won't be offers from any clubs for either.

I'm assuming he meant Ryan Edwards and Jack Redshaw
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:Williams has signed for Brentford and Sampson has been released, so there won't be offers from any clubs for either.

For all we know a deal could be on the pipeline to sell one of these two if not both. Maybe that's why we've brought so many players in so soon as this is were the extra dollar is coming from, if Scott does sign then I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case as both Ryan an jack can go for free next summer !
Kendalshrimp

Postby KenH » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Or have Scott as first choice and loan out Barry?
KenH

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:56 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

For all we know a deal could be on the pipeline to sell one of these two if not both. Maybe that's why we've brought so many players in so soon as this is were the extra dollar is coming from, if Scott does sign then I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case as both Ryan an jack can go for free next summer !

I agree we are barmy if we lose them next summer for nothing. We don't know who have been enquiring about the pair & if so they will need to be replaced if good offers are accepted for them. I hope not but you can never tell in football.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:38 pm

KenH wrote:Or have Scott as first choice and loan out Barry?

Id prefer Scotty has first choice and baz as back up. The difference with Scotty in last season was a lot better. The defence was at its best last season when he was in goal for us too.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:

Id prefer Scotty has first choice and baz as back up. The difference with Scotty in last season was a lot better. The defence was at its best last season when he was in goal for us too.

I thought the defence was at its best for the last 8 or 9 games of the season when we had Danny Ward from Liverpool and Andreas Arestidou in goal.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:

I thought the defence was at its best for the last 8 or 9 games of the season when we had Danny Ward from Liverpool and Andreas Arestidou in goal.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure we had the most consecutive clean sheets when Scotty was in goal. Andréas cost us a couple games even tho he had a few good ones too
Kendalshrimp

Postby jbcshrimp » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Welcome to correct me if I'm wrong but just been looking on the football leagues website of clubs released players and Andreas name appears with allthe rest who have gone.
jbcshrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 pm

jbcshrimp wrote:Welcome to correct me if I'm wrong but just been looking on the football leagues website of clubs released players and Andreas name appears with allthe rest who have gone.

Hope your right, could be a step closer to Scotty signing
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:44 pm

IF there are problems with Baz's injury (and only the club and Baz himself will know that) then the rumours about Scotty are well placed and could be seen as a good bit of precautionary business by Jimbo.

It may only be on a short term contract and it may also be that at the moment Scotty hasn't had many offers that are suitable. I fully expected Accy to be after him but it sounds as though they are struggling financially.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:55 pm

So it's Thursday and no word from fleetwood that Scott has been paid off yet. Maybe it was just a rumour after all !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Phil Anderer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:So it's Thursday and no word from fleetwood that Scott has been paid off yet. Maybe it was just a rumour after all !

sdav = WUM
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:20 am

Phil Anderer wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:So it's Thursday and no word from fleetwood that Scott has been paid off yet. Maybe it was just a rumour after all !

sdav = WUM

Quite possibly a WUM BUT on Fleetwood's Official Site there is no mention of Scott being part of their squad. It's rumoured that he had a punch up with their manager last season and was offered a cash settlement to cancel his contract which he declined. Now it may well be that a revised settlement has been made but there is certainly no confirmation of this.

Only time will tell what the outcome will be but I would imagine that Scotty's days at Fleetwood are numbered..... However if he becomes a Shrimp then I for one welcome him back to but pressure on Baz who for me is not as competent in his distribution as Scott.:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:52 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bill ding » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:31 pm

What about a season long loan , that could fit in well ?
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:54 pm

If Scott had a punch up with Alexander he wouldn't need to be paid off he'd be sacked on the spot by the club so wouldn't read too much into that. His days do look numbered tho so maybe if he's seeing his contract out we may get him back on loan.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:If Scott had a punch up with Alexander he wouldn't need to be paid off he'd be sacked on the spot by the club so wouldn't read too much into that. His days do look numbered tho so maybe if he's seeing his contract out we may get him back on loan.

It takes two to tango.... ;)
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Well i was told several months ago about Scott falling out with the manager but it didn't involve a punch up, they did make him a offer to pay up his contract which he did turn down, can't say i was surprised as i was also told how much he was on so he probably will just see out his contract, if he was to come back here then he would have to take a sizeable wage cut so i can't see that happening.
steve mfc

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Scott has signed for tranmere :shock: must of been asking for too much money to sign for us but at the same time I can't see tranmere paying big money either. All the best Scotty
Kendalshrimp

Goalkeeper- Scott Davies

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

That's a turn up. Scott Davies has signed a twelve month contract with Tranmere!
fulwoodshrimp

Re: Goalkeeper- Scott Davies

Postby parceldave » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:That's a turn up. Scott Davies has signed a twelve month contract with Tranmere!

Well what do expect when we don't have a negotiator , Mr Mace no more and Mr Hodgeson no more , so who is doing the wheeling and dealing . :o

No ambition to get to a league which would mean 2,000 miles less travelling a season . :( .

How can you expect to better yourself without spending any money .
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 am

parceldave wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:That's a turn up. Scott Davies has signed a twelve month contract with Tranmere!

Well what do expect when we don't have a negotiator , Mr Mace no more and Mr Hodgeson no more , so who is doing the wheeling and dealing . :o

No ambition to get to a league which would mean 2,000 miles less travelling a season . :( .

How can you expect to better yourself without spending any money .

Well someone has done some pretty good wheeling and dealing. We have signed Jim's 5 main targets Murphy , Molyneaux , Barkhuizen , Dugdale and Wildig.
Do we know that Jim even wanted to sign Scott Davies.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby KenH » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:17 am

parceldave wrote:How can you expect to better yourself without spending any money .

How can you spend what you don't have. Your comment would be valid if the club was sat on money in the bank or it hadn't already mortgaged/loaned it's property/assets, but as Labour said upon losing office, "there's no money left".

Considering the club has made a loss of over £2m in the last 3/4 years, someone is "spending money"! The directors are constantly putting in huge sums of money to cover the losses. That money lost has to come from somewhere. Considering the signings made this Summer already, there must be more money going into Jim's player budget. Yes, it would be nice if someone donated their lottery winnings or some rich Russian put a few million in, but back in the real world, if the money isn't there, it isn't - spending can only come from one place - loans mostly from the directors.

Do you really think that the Board aren't constantly trying to raise money? Do you really think it's as simple as saying "hey, why don't we borrow a couple of million from the bank and sign some more good players?".
KenH

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion