Scott Davies

Scott Davies

Postby sdav » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:48 am

Will be paid off by Fleetwood this week and join Morecambe ;)
sdav

Re: Scott Davies

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:26 am

I hope not, unless Barry is moving on.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Great news if true, was superb for us last season and if Baz isn't over his injury then Scotty is the perfect replacement :D
Kendalshrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Paying another goalkeeper first team wages as an insurance policy for Barry Roche would be absolutely insane.
Shrimpy

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Shrimpy wrote:Paying another goalkeeper first team wages as an insurance policy for Barry Roche would be absolutely insane.

Why would it ? The squads as good as complete now I'd say for next season and the players we've brought in will be on more wages than the players we released I imagine so maybe the chairman has given jim more of a budget for next season ?
Kendalshrimp

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Are we going to let Barry Roche go to another club to reduce our wage bill? I guess Scott will be on considerably less wages.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:Paying another goalkeeper first team wages as an insurance policy for Barry Roche would be absolutely insane.

Why would it ? The squads as good as complete now I'd say for next season and the players we've brought in will be on more wages than the players we released I imagine so maybe the chairman has given jim more of a budget for next season ?

9 times out of 10 you probably go through a whole season with 1 goalkeeper playing at least 95% of your games.

Scott Davies (or anyone else of a similar ability level) would command wages of what the going rate is for a first choice goalkeeper. We would then have 1 player on the books (Roche or Davies) who would likely play 1 or 2 League games in the entire season. The money spent on either of their wages would be far better utilized by signing another outfield player who would be far more likely to play more than about 200 minutes in the entire season.

Unless Scott is prepared to sign for whatever type of wages we've been paying Arestidou the past 2 seasons then I wouldn't be in favour of this signing.
Shrimpy

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Is Barry even guna be fit for the start of pre season ? As I said before the squad looks complete now is maybe try and get cover at left back but that's about it so if there is money left and Baz isn't fit Scotty is a great signing
Kendalshrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Is Barry even guna be fit for the start of pre season ? As I said before the squad looks complete now is maybe try and get cover at left back but that's about it so if there is money left and Baz isn't fit Scotty is a great signing

Doesn't matter if Barry is fit or not, we'll still have to pay his wages!
Shrimpy

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:Is Barry even guna be fit for the start of pre season ? As I said before the squad looks complete now is maybe try and get cover at left back but that's about it so if there is money left and Baz isn't fit Scotty is a great signing

Obviously :shock: if we're guna sign him I'm sure we must be able to afford it and have abit of extra cash available from sumwere, people making out like we're going into debt to sign him I don't think that's the case !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:

Obviously :shock: if we're guna sign him I'm sure we must be able to afford it and have abit of extra cash available from sumwere, people making out like we're going into debt to sign him I don't think that's the case !

It's not a case of going into debt to sign him, it's that if there is money out there to afford a player like Scott Davies then it would be better spent on an outfield player.
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote: if we're guna sign him

"IF". That's the question in a nutshell.

And I, for one, cannot see it.

Rochey will be back, terms have been offered to Andreas (any update on this?)

Just love this time of the year :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:09 pm

I could only see this happening if Barry was on his way out, either due to his injury or someone else buying him. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Scott back, but it's not going to happen while we've got Barry signed up for another season.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:21 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:I could only see this happening if Barry was on his way out, either due to his injury or someone else buying him. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Scott back, but it's not going to happen while we've got Barry signed up for another season.

If you were after a goalkeeper I couldn't see anyone trying to sign a bloke coming off a long term injury who is contracted to another club when you could just sign Scott Davies on a free transfer.
Shrimpy

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Shrimpy wrote:

Yes, but we still have to play SOMEONE. If Barry isn't fit then there's no point in investing in the rest of the squad. If Baz is going to be fully fit, then I'd agree, signing Scott wouldn't make sense but if he's not, then this would be a superb move... if Scott is paid off in the first place!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby jbcshrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:41 pm

I thought there was a league rule stating that clubs/ players had to have insurance to cover Barry's type of health situation.
jbcshrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:49 pm

jbcshrimp wrote:I thought there was a league rule stating that clubs/ players had to have insurance to cover Barry's type of health situation.

I might be wrong, but I always thought the insurance was only if the player has to give up professional football? There was someone who got the pay off, played part-time in the Conference, then had to re-pay the insurance so he could go back to playing full time.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Keith wrote:
jbcshrimp wrote:I thought there was a league rule stating that clubs/ players had to have insurance to cover Barry's type of health situation.

I might be wrong, but I always thought the insurance was only if the player has to give up professional football? There was someone who got the pay off, played part-time in the Conference, then had to re-pay the insurance so he could go back to playing full time.

Tony Roberts?
Shrimpy

Postby forces shrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Good experienced goal keepers are not easy to come by. If big baz is coming into the last year of his contract and there is a possibility that his injury could flare up and cause him to miss games through out the season if I were Jim I would want some 1 I could rely on between the sticks. I think this is a signing for beyond next season IMO
forces shrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Im hoping this is true and he does sign. Can never have enough good players in the squad and if he would join I'm sure it would be a battle with baz for first choice with bad rather than coming as an automatic first choice. That was one our problems I believe last season. Too many players knew they were untouchable because the squad wasn't big enough or didn't have the quality to replace them at times. The more competition in the squad in all positions the better I say !
Kendalshrimp

Postby black morse » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:01 pm

We are going into a lot of speculation here based on someone with the name sdav who has made 1 post! Unless the poster is Scott himself I think it's a WUM. :roll: Then again, I might be wrong!
black morse

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:02 am

black morse wrote:We are going into a lot of speculation here based on someone with the name sdav who has made 1 post! Unless the poster is Scott himself I think it's a WUM. :roll:

^^^ This
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby underbank » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:11 am

Presumably, Jim has been allocated some of the expected stadium naming rights income, so may well have a little spare to pay Scott. I think Jim will be looking beyond Barry who may well be in his last year at Morecambe even if he is fit after his injury. If Jim waits a year till Baz is out of contract, someone else will have snapped up Scott. Andreas may have been offered a new contract, but it may not be on acceptable terms, so he may already be on his way elsewhere. I agree that we can't have 3 goalies in the squad, but if this is true, then either Baz or Andreas isn't going to be here in August.
underbank

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:45 am

I think Big Barry will be number one here next season with either Andreas or young Tom Stewart as a bench-warmer.

Any further signing , which could be wishful thinking looking at the quality and cost of the 5 we have signed , should be directed at a striking position IMHO.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Naylz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:18 am

IF Scott did sign for us it would make sense to possibly send him out on loan. Then if baz does have a relapse of his injury then at least we would have control over scott for the rest of the season and have him for the following season as our first choice.
Naylz

Next

Return to General Discussion