Peter Murphy

Re: Peter Murphy

Postby forces shrimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:59 am

So Jim had forecast for 6 new faces coming in this summer. He would have had targets and plan B's if he had not been able to secure those targets. With Murphy unexpectedly becoming available and Jim securing his services, does Jim still go for his 6 targets+ Murphy? or does Murphy gazzump 1 target as Jim feels he his a better choice?
forces shrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 am

forces shrimp wrote:So Jim had forecast for 6 new faces coming in this summer. He would have had targets and plan B's if he had not been able to secure those targets. With Murphy unexpectedly becoming available and Jim securing his services, does Jim still go for his 6 targets+ Murphy? or does Murphy gazzump 1 target as Jim feels he his a better choice?

I would have been surprised if Murphy wasn't on his radar well before it was made clear he was being allowed to leave Wycombe.
Shrimpy

Postby Murphy15 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:08 am

Murphy has been on his radar for a while.. Peter tried to force a loan move to Morecambe in March but due to the size of Wycombes squad, Ainsworth wouldn't allow it.

This isn't something that has been discussed since his contract termination.
Murphy15

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:25 am

Christies Child wrote:
......and a footballers life is short so no problem in my thinking if he wants as much as he can get.

Unless he signs for AFC Fylde in which case you'll call him unambitious.
morecambegeek

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:06 am

morecambegeek wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
......and a footballers life is short so no problem in my thinking if he wants as much as he can get.

I'm sure that all fellow SVers are sick and tired of our constant bickering at each other. For my part, enough is enough. It's becoming silly and pointless. Time for this sad old fool to move on.....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:11 am

Christies Child wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

I'm sure that all fellow SVers are sick and tired of our constant bickering at each other. For my part, enough is enough. It's becoming silly and pointless. Time for this sad old fool to move on.....

Is it bickering, or is it just pointing out you saying one thing in another thread and then the complete opposite in another.

Try to get a consistent viewpoint, instead of constantly changing your mind to back up whatever argument you're trying to make.

For what it's worth, any truce before has been broken by you throwing your toys out of the pram any time I try and question any comment you make, which believe it or not, I don't just do to get a rise otu of you.

If you actually engaged in the debate instead of posting hysterical "oh morecambegeek is picking on me" posts anytime I directed a post at you, perhaps there wouldn't be any bickering.

So, are you going to say why you have one opinion in this thread about earning money, and the complete opposite in another, so we can have a proper debate, or will you just flounce off in a huff like usual?
morecambegeek

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:18 am

Christies Child wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

I for one welcome morecambegeek pulling you up every time you make a conflicting statement or thinly veiled opinion that the management team should be sacked.
Shrimpy

Postby ShrimpMM » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:46 am

Great signing, just what we've been lacking in midfield.

Was it not one of Murphy's entourage who caused a scene trying to get to Mullin's brother last season in hospitality?
ShrimpMM

Postby Murphy15 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:51 am

Your correct, was his Dad.

Although, it was initially started by Mullins brother in the stand due to Peter being involved in Devitts sending off.
Murphy15

Postby ShrimpMM » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:54 am

That could be interesting in hospitality next year! :lol:
ShrimpMM

Postby Murphy15 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:59 am

Im sure it will be a "Forgive & Forget" moment
Murphy15

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:21 am

Great signing :D

Welcome to morecambe peter ! Hopefully sign wildig another CB and Scotty Davies then it'll be a perfect transfer market I think, could certainly challenge the top 7 this season !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Murphy15 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:30 am

For any betting people, now is a great time to get bets on Morecambe to challenge.
Murphy15

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:52 am

Murphy15 wrote:For any betting people, now is a great time to get bets on Morecambe to challenge.

Portsmouth will run away with the league this season if they sign all their targets. Apparently Gary Roberts n jimmy Ryan are close to signing for them an no doubt they'll sign more top players ! A top 7 finish should be a realistic target now for us
Kendalshrimp

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 am

New_Ground_Watcher wrote:I sense a wind up!

I was wrong, apologies to those I doubted. I might even have a bet on us winning the league this season as we have the makings of a fantastic side. No point in showing a lack of ambition by aiming for the play offs. ;)
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:56 am

Great signing. Well done Jim and all concerned.

Seriously cannot WAIT for pre-season to start let alone the real stuff !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:12 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:Great signing :D

Welcome to morecambe peter ! Hopefully sign wildig another CB and Scotty Davies then it'll be a perfect transfer market I think, could certainly challenge the top 7 this season !

You can cross Scott Davies off your wish list. At the fans forum in April Jim said we wouldn't be having 2 goalkeepers fighting it out to be number one.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:14 am

Unless he signs for AFC Fylde in which case you'll call him unambitious.[/quote]

:cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]
I for one welcome morecambegeek pulling you up every time you make a conflicting statement or thinly veiled opinion that the management team should be sacked.[/quote]

This is a fans forum where people express their opinions. Everyone should be able to do that without having unpleasant personal attacks.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
This is a fans forum where people express their opinions. Everyone should be able to do that without having unpleasant personal attacks.

Can you point out which personal attacks I've carried out on CC?
morecambegeek

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
I for one welcome morecambegeek pulling you up every time you make a conflicting statement or thinly veiled opinion that the management team should be sacked.

Me too. I'm looking forward to the day CC realises that we are in rude health, and a club losing money hand over fist shouldn't solve this by merely spending more money and sacking proven managers over performing at this level.

It's madness.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Jim does it again!

This guy has aggravated me for years when playing for the opposition.

Reminds me of the time we signed Ellison. I thought we now have some steel and character even if he isn't a 'nice' guy he will give the team some presence. We need these kind of players to kick us on to a play off slot at least. The midfield is looking so much better now and if... if.. Jimbo can snare Wildig too we will be a force.

Welcome on board Peter, so glad that you chose to come to Morecambe :))
Caged Lion

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Unless he signs for AFC Fylde in which case you'll call him unambitious.

:cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]
I for one welcome morecambegeek pulling you up every time you make a conflicting statement or thinly veiled opinion that the management team should be sacked.[/quote]

This is a fans forum where people express their opinions. Everyone should be able to do that without having unpleasant personal attacks.[/quote]

Exactly, and we don't all agree. I think we are entitled to voice our opinions, good, bad, right or wrong. Just get on with it lads (CC and MG) quaff (To drink (a beverage) heartily) an ale or two together before each game. Have a barny afterwards and we will all join in :twisted:
Caged Lion

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:04 pm

forces shrimp wrote:So Jim had forecast for 6 new faces coming in this summer. He would have had targets and plan B's if he had not been able to secure those targets. With Murphy unexpectedly becoming available and Jim securing his services, does Jim still go for his 6 targets+ Murphy? or does Murphy gazzump 1 target as Jim feels he his a better choice?

Yes... if he has enough brass to spend, we need to be in the play-offs not the also-rans
Caged Lion

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Caged Lion wrote:Jim does it again!

Reminds me of the time we signed Ellison. I thought we now have some steel and character even if he isn't a 'nice' guy he will give the team some presence. We need these kind of players to kick us on to a play off slot at least. The midfield is looking so much better now and if... if.. Jimbo can snare Wildig too we will be a force.

Peter was the player who some would say was responsible for getting Jamie Devitt sent off in our home game v Wycombe. However, welcome on board whatever may have happened in the past.

We've needed a goal scoring midfielder for a number of seasons so here's hoping he will contribute with a good number this coming season.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:08 am

Christies Child wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:Jim does it again!

Peter was the player who some would say was responsible for getting Jamie Devitt sent off in our home game v Wycombe. However, welcome on board whatever may have happened in the past.

We've needed a goal scoring midfielder for a number of seasons so here's hoping he will contribute with a good number this coming season.

Totally agree with Mr C Lion that this reminds of signing Kev Ellison. A cracking signing by Jim. A couple more like this and I'm off down the bookies.

How dare people call Mr Child negative! Of course he could have mentioned Peter Murphy's barnstorming winner against us as proof of his never say die qualities and goal scoring prowess, instead he picks on the Devitt sending off for his positives. Errr.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion