O/T Released players elsewhere

Re: O/T Released players elsewhere

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:01 pm

No way on this earth though could we match Alessandra salary wise what Plymouth were/are paying him.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:No way on this earth though could we match Alessandra salary wise what Plymouth were/are paying him.

But players circumstances change when family is more important. Also down south the cost of living is far more so I would expect his wages to be far different to ours as well as Plymouth having larger attendances. I wouldn't be surprised we have one or two who are on a decent wage at our club so it depends whats important to Lewis family life & playing regular football or a big wage being further away from his family. It probably won't happen but if it did I would be more than happy to have him back.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:54 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:No way on this earth though could we match Alessandra salary wise what Plymouth were/are paying him.

But players circumstances change when family is more important. Also down south the cost of living is far more so I would expect his wages to be far different to ours as well as Plymouth having larger attendances. I wouldn't be surprised we have one or two who are on a decent wage at our club so it depends whats important to Lewis family life & playing regular football or a big wage being further away from his family. It probably won't happen but if it did I would be more than happy to have him back.

But to do it though you would need to make Alessandra one of the highest paid players in the squad, he's not worth that type of investment.
Shrimpy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:03 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:

I would say that the 2 players we have signed , Barkhuizen and Lee Molyneaux both play similar roles to Alessandra so I can't see Jim wanting him back.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:

I would say that the 2 players we have signed , Barkhuizen and Lee Molyneaux both play similar roles to Alessandra so I can't see Jim wanting him back.

Correct. Alessandra also scored 4 goals in each of his 2 seasons with us, I would expect both Barkhuizen & Molyneux to surpass that total.
Shrimpy

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:22 pm

We have no idea what Lewis Alessandra is currently on at Plymouth to what he was on at Morecambe. Players do take a wage cut to get a move closer to home so it depends who is interested in him first. Laurance Wilson would probably have had to take a wage cut at Accrington when he joined from Rotherham. I would have thought Tom Barkhuizen will be on a good wage coming from Blackpool, but I may be wrong. Remains to be seen if Barkhuizen will be any better than the current strikers we have now.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby John L » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:34 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:But also players circumstances may change, especially that he wants to move back up north being closer to his family. We gave Laurence Wilson,Scott Davies and legend Stewart Drummond another chance, so I don't see we have moved on. The three players that did come back for a 2nd spell have improved us. Not long back many wanted Scott Davies back permanently so I would be happy if it happened.

I agree.
John L

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:54 am

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/ ... it/page/1/

Would be a very good signing for our club.....

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Murphy15 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:23 pm

Morecambe captaincy available. Murphy terminates contract at Wycombe.

Would you be happy with it?
Murphy15

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Murphy15 wrote:Morecambe captaincy available. Murphy terminates contract at Wycombe.

I assume like everybody else who has our club's interest at heart, if it was to benefit the team then no problem.

Christies Child

Postby Murphy15 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Jim has showed interest in Murphy previously, Murphy is home sick and doesnt seem to be getting a game.

Would he get a game for Morecambe?
Murphy15

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Murphy15 wrote:Jim has showed interest in Murphy previously, Murphy is home sick and doesnt seem to be getting a game.

Goal scoring midfielder , captain material , takes great penalties. I think you can take it he would get a game.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Murphy15 wrote:Jim has showed interest in Murphy previously, Murphy is home sick and doesnt seem to be getting a game.

The fact that Jim has shown interest in PM previously suggests he would.

Jim is not the type of manager to bring somebody into the group just to bolster the numbers.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Luton spend £???,000

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/Luto ... story.html?

Can't recall if he played in the games v us..but if he did it didn't do them much good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

IF only Jim had that amount of money to spend on numerous players...never mind just one :!: :!: :!:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Christies Child wrote:Can't recall if he played in the games v us..but if he did it didn't do them much good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

He played in the away game, including when they all got blown away in the first half. Presume he will get a squad number a bit less than 50 this time :?
marky No.1

Postby BelieveInTheShrimp » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:09 pm

I've seen that Francois Zoko's name being sprayed about with Morecambe in the same sentence, decent record at Carlisle but has gone off the boil abit since then.
BelieveInTheShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:31 pm

I've heard there ready to splash the cash again.....on redshaw as well
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:

I've heard there ready to splash the cash again.....on redshaw as well

..all together now...' Sod off. Once a Shrimp always a Shrimp'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:?:
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:41 am

Christies Child wrote:The Barrow Forum mentioned Ross Hannah and I seem to recall him being mentioned a few seasons ago as someone who could learn his trade with us..... :?: :?: :?:

Signed for AFC Chester City AFC or whatever they're called nowadays.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:18 am

Aaron McLean has been released and he would be the sort of experienced striker that we need!
halftimeresults

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:11 am

halftimeresults wrote:Aaron McLean has been released and he would be the sort of experienced striker that we need!

Good Shout. Definitely the type of player we need with Jack. Don't think Barkhuizen will be a regular goalscorer week in week out. Even ex Chesterfield striker Scott Boden may be worth a gamble having scored regular for Macclesfield and Halifax on a regular basis. Depends if he is still in contract at Halifax though.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby jbcshrimp » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Fantastic news from ows. No idea who Dugdale is but having seen Wildig last season was well impressed. Don't know if all signings have been 1st time targets but if so Jim will have an excellent Summer holiday.
jbcshrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 am

Dale Jennings released by Barnsley be a very good player at this level. Played for bayern munich for a few years too.
Kendalshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:05 am

Alessandra has signed for Rochdale
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion