Carlton and Newby to Accrington?

Carlton and Newby to Accrington?

Postby Ned » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Surely this is only wishfull thinking but speaking to Stanley supporters over the weekend they believe they can benefit from the current mismanagement at CP and secure the services of both Carlton and Newby.
Ned

Re: Carlton and Newby to Accrington!

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Newby ain't been ours for ages Simple Ned ?????
Burnley Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Misleading title a bit?
campdave

Postby Ned » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Newby ain't been ours for ages Simple Ned ?????

You are supposed to look beyond the obvious i.e. the thread is about the implications of the current mismanagent. Newby's release is still seen by some as another mistake in relation to some of the overpriced under achievers that SM brought in. Or is all this too much for you to understand?
Ned

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Simply Ned wrote:

You are supposed to look beyond the obvious i.e. the thread is about the implications of the current mismanagent. Newby's release is still seen by some as another mistake in relation to some of the overpriced under achievers that SM brought in. Or is all this too much for you to understand?

So do you really think Jon Newby is a better league 2 player than Rene Howe ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Phoenix » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:16 pm

the thread is about the implications of the current mismanagent.

Bollocks, the title should reflect the content and yours doesn't. I stick to what I said about you previously but it'll be edited out again if I repeat it.

Claiming mis-management having previously claimed to be close to the management, you're playing a very dangerous game. Have you repeated your thoughts to the management you claimed to know?
Phoenix

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Simple Ned you only ever seem to post disparaging or negative posts. 'Speaking to Accy' fans over the weekend'! Was that at Rochdale? Are you actually an Accy' fan yourself??

Can Accy' actually afford two extra wages anymore than we can? Don't forget you have a lot of seats to pay for in the near future or it's back to the Conference.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:37 pm

talking to some Morecambe fans recently, we're about to sign Keith Gillespie... proof of the fantastic management at Morecambe!

Obviously talking to fans is the best way to judge who the club are going to buy! Well done Ned, you caught a couple of live ones! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Keith wrote:talking to some Morecambe fans recently, we're about to sign Keith Gillespie... proof of the fantastic management at Morecambe!

Obviously talking to fans is the best way to judge who the club are going to buy! Well done Ned, you caught a couple of live ones! :lol:

i thought it was Robbie Fowler :?:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:17 pm

outsider wrote:
Keith wrote:talking to some Morecambe fans recently, we're about to sign Keith Gillespie... proof of the fantastic management at Morecambe!

i thought it was Robbie Fowler :?:

Fect it Morecambe to sign Torres!!! As always ned your thoughts are first class! :lol:
thegentlegiant

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:23 pm

Simply Ned is not a Morecambe FC supporter.
durhamshrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:30 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:Simply Ned is not a Morecambe FC supporter.

Agreed!
thegentlegiant

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Based on the fact that Ned has a different opinion to you, you're somehow suggesting that he is not actually a supporter? Who died and put you two cavemen in charge?
RedRedWine1

Postby Jody » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Because fans of a football club support them through the good times and bad and don't take every opportunity to slate the players, management and board. Perhaps?
Jody

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 pm

There's about as much chance as Danny signing for Accy as Robbie Fowler signing for us :roll:
Newby is probably bad enough though.
Bare Ben

Postby james456 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:19 pm

I wish people would let Newby go...

He did a job for us and was the best striker we had at the club, but thats no difficult feat considering how lacklustre the rest of our strikeforce was.
james456

Postby Skid » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:02 am

james456 wrote:I wish people would let Newby go...

He did a job for us and was the best striker we had at the club, but thats no difficult feat considering how lacklustre the rest of our strikeforce was.

Agreed - if he was as good as people on here make out, then why has he not scored for anyone since he left here? While we're at it why don't we resign Dave McKearney and Iain Swan to bolster the defence :roll:
Skid

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 am

Maybe he should go to Accrington and create a hat-trick of clubs he's flopped at this season.
campdave

Postby cultured » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Simply Ned wrote:

So do you really think Jon Newby is a better league 2 player than Rene Howe ?

Jon Newby is the greatest striker Morecambe have ever had, so good in fact that he can't get a game at Burton Albion.
cultured

Re: Carlton and Newby to Accrington?

Postby steve mfc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Newby like players past and present tend to look better than they are when they come on for the last ten minutes or so of a game, by then the opposition are getting tired, there's more space and time on the ball, so its easier to impress.
steve mfc

Return to General Discussion