Redshaw

Redshaw

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Hearing Plymouth an Luton are wanting to sign him. Anyone got more info on him ? How longs he contracted for ?
Kendalshrimp

Re: Redshaw

Postby Shrimpy » Tue May 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Under contract until the end of the 2015/2016 season.

Considering he turned down a move to Peterborough not long ago mainly due to the fact he didn't want to relocate I'd be very surprised if he accepted a move to a club in the same division that is even further away.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Why would Jack want to sign for a fellow League 2 club who are going to finish well below us in the coming season other than be it for a few extra pounds...... :?: :?: :?:

This time next year ALL at MFC could be looking forward to League 1 football.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Imagine they'll be able to offer him almost double wages, certainly Luton I'm not sure what jack earns but id clubs like Luton could offer 2k a week plus. Not surprised there interested after the time he gave fat mcnulty last season
Kendalshrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Tue May 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Imagine they'll be able to offer him almost double wages, certainly Luton I'm not sure what jack earns but id clubs like Luton could offer 2k a week plus. Not surprised there interested after the time he gave fat mcnulty last season

Clubs have offered Jack far more than £2k a week in the past and he's turned them down.
Shrimpy

Postby black morse » Tue May 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Imagine they'll be able to offer him almost double wages, certainly Luton I'm not sure what jack earns but id clubs like Luton could offer 2k a week plus. Not surprised there interested after the time he gave fat mcnulty last season

Doubt whether Plymouth would. How much will they have to pay for him? Over £200.00?
black morse

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 2:57 pm

black morse wrote:

Doubt whether Plymouth would. How much will they have to pay for him? Over £200.00?

I'd imagine it'll be closer to 100k if he's only got a year left to run on his deal.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:06 pm

black morse wrote:Doubt whether Plymouth would. How much will they have to pay for him? Over £200.00?

A hell of a lot more than £200 I'd be hoping for..........!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Hearing Plymouth an Luton are wanting to sign him. Anyone got more info on him ? How longs he contracted for ?

Where did hear this..... :?: :?: :?:

Just checking that it's not 1st April.... :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Lloydie » Tue May 19, 2015 4:28 pm

I'd quite like us to cash in on him, we have Mullin coming through in a similar role. Hopefully with the cash can get a slightly younger Kevin Ellison type for Mullin to play off and a midfield enforcer type..
Lloydie

Postby morecambegeek » Tue May 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:Hearing Plymouth an Luton are wanting to sign him. Anyone got more info on him ? How longs he contracted for ?

Forgive me for imagining you've posted any old shite you've heard in the past.
morecambegeek

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 5:55 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Forgive me for imagining you've posted any old shite you've heard in the past.

It's been on the Luton forum, Only saying apparently there's interest he's our best player on his day so why wouldn't there be ? It's that time of year were stories come up some won't all be true only time will tell
Kendalshrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Lloydie wrote:I'd quite like us to cash in on him, we have Mullin coming through in a similar role. Hopefully with the cash can get a slightly younger Kevin Ellison type for Mullin to play off and a midfield enforcer type..

I am in agreement with you that we should get the best offer we can before he is out of contract & over 24 years of age. Plenty of strikers who will replace him. Luke James, Bobby Grant who are without a club currently. Down in the lower leagues you can pick out some real gems such as Scott Boden of Halifax who has league experience.
Last edited by BoroRedShrimp on Tue May 19, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 6:12 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:
Lloydie wrote:I'd quite like us to cash in on him, we have Mullin coming through in a similar role. Hopefully with the cash can get a slightly younger Kevin Ellison type for Mullin to play off and a midfield enforcer type..

I am in agreement with you that we should get the best offer we can before he is out of contract & over 24 years of age. Plenty of strikers who will replace him. Luke James, Bobby Grant who are without a club currently. Down in the lower leagues you can pick out some real gems such as Boden of Halifax who has league experience.

Bobby grant will be off to a league one club but if he goes to anyone in our division id imagine it'll be Portsmouth !
Kendalshrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 6:16 pm

Would not want Bobby Grant anyway but I agree probably go to a bigger club such as Portsmouth who can offer him what he wants.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby 3Loggerheads » Tue May 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Grant is coming back to Shrewsbury on a permanent
3Loggerheads

Postby Kendalshrimp » Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 am

3Loggerheads wrote:Grant is coming back to Shrewsbury on a permanent

Never seems to cut it when he takes a step up, think he's a top league 2 player and that's it, if he does sign for use tho hope he can hit the form he was in this season !
Kendalshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 20, 2015 4:14 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:Would not want Bobby Grant anyway but I agree probably go to a bigger club such as Portsmouth who can offer him what he wants.

if you have a beef with him cos of his diving.

Mark Duffy dived twice in the box towards the end of a certain game at the Globe to earn us a 2 - 1 victory after being 0 - 1 down, and we was all buzzing about it .
George Dawes

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed May 20, 2015 5:04 pm

George Dawes wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:Would not want Bobby Grant anyway but I agree probably go to a bigger club such as Portsmouth who can offer him what he wants.

if you have a beef with him cos of his diving.

Mark Duffy dived twice in the box towards the end of a certain game at the Globe to earn us a 2 - 1 victory after being 0 - 1 down, and we was all buzzing about it .

Not a player I would want at the Globe even if we could afford him but just my opinion. I would not be surprised he is a high earner compared to our current players we have at the Globe.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Aside from his previous track record against us, I've always thought of Grant as a talented player.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Don't rate Grants, would prefer Johnnie Walker.

Back to Redshaw, I found it odd that the club accepted a bid for him and then were falling over themselves to point out that they didn't want to sell him despite this after Jack turned down the move. I think theres more to come from Jack and it would be interesting to see him perform in a side with a bit more quality in the middle.
Last edited by RedRedWine on Wed May 20, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Aside from his previous track record against us, I've always thought of Grant as a talented player.

plus he's a very good WUM like Kevin Ellison.
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion