THREE New Signings today !

THREE New Signings today !

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 09, 2015 8:00 am

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: THREE New Signings today !

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat May 09, 2015 8:42 am

Let's have something positive for a change as I have read the comments on FB.
These 2 young lads are ones for the future and are signed as 1st year pros and so work/progression on going. Is this not what we all want, to progress our own players? As for Tom, well he might not have had the best of loan spells with us but I've seen him play elsewhere and he has a hell of a lot of potential and Jim has obviously also seen this as well as the other league 1&2 clubs sniffing around him once released by Blackpool. Give the lad a chance to settle down now over pre season and let's see how jim intends to use him.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat May 09, 2015 9:12 am

Only saw Tom play once last time he was here. One thing he has got is pace hopefully he can do a better job than Amond did for us by getting into double figures an creating the chances for our strikers too. Think the other 2 will just be reserve players tho !
Kendalshrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat May 09, 2015 9:29 am

Yes agree except I don't think the young lads will play or make the bench too often as they progress in their development with reserve footie and then out on loan to gain 1st team experience. Who knows though it could suddenly click with them and they are brought straight through, but I very much doubt it
nobbyshrimp

Postby outsider » Sat May 09, 2015 10:47 am

Tom will give us some natural width, which we have been lacking. Tom and Jamie wide Jack and Mullin up front. Kev coming off the bench could work?

Bazza, Lozza, Eddy, Pazza Beels, Jamie, Alex, Wildig, Tom, Jack, Paul. 442 looks ok. Stav, Kev, Andy, Arron bench looking strong with more to come. Not a bad start
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Jettyson » Sat May 09, 2015 12:22 pm

I have done a bit of research re Tom as I wasn't overly impressed when he was here on loan. Look on the net at goals he scored when at Hereford and they got relegated.One v Port Vale is a bit special to say the least. Could be a really good signing.
Last edited by Jettyson on Sat May 09, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jettyson

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:10 pm

It's a really good signing. I'm very happy.

His previous manager, Lee Clark, has resigned at Blackpool this morning.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat May 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Good to see we've signed a proper wideman, will be interesting to see how develops over pre-season and into the start of the season.

I was in the same year at high school as Charlie Bailey and he would run rings around us!
Little Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sat May 09, 2015 4:37 pm

outsider wrote:Tom will give us some natural width, which we have been lacking. Tom and Jamie wide Jack and Mullin up front. Kev coming off the bench could work?

Bazza, Lozza, Eddy, Pazza Beels, Jamie, Alex, Wildig, Tom, Jack, Paul. 442 looks ok. Stav, Kev, Andy, Arron bench looking strong with more to come. Not a bad start

Don't remember him playing as a wide man when he was here on loan , in fact I don't remember him doing much really.
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 09, 2015 4:41 pm

parceldave wrote:
outsider wrote:Tom will give us some natural width, which we have been lacking. Tom and Jamie wide Jack and Mullin up front. Kev coming off the bench could work?

Don't remember him playing as a wide man when he was here on loan , in fact I don't remember him doing much really.

Were you not at the match with York where he burst through and made a last minute equaliser for Jack Redshaw ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sat May 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
parceldave wrote:

Were you not at the match with York where he burst through and made a last minute equaliser for Jack Redshaw ?

Yes he was in the middle not out wide , and what else.
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 09, 2015 5:25 pm

You said you hadn't seen him do much though.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sat May 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:You said you hadn't seen him do much though.

Yeh one 20 sec burst in about 4 games isn't much really is it. Im sorry but I just don't think he has a lot more to offer than what Podge did . :?
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sat May 09, 2015 5:32 pm

:roll: my 2pence worth

i have seen him play twice, and remember him as a center forward, and people saying he can play as a winger... next thing we're being told we've signed a winger :?

i would rather him be a winger, i like pacy wingers, and really hope he can balance the midfield, complementing Devitt on the other side.
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sat May 09, 2015 5:37 pm

George Dawes wrote::roll: my 2pence worth

i have seen him play twice, and remember him as a center forward, and people saying he can play as a winger... next thing we're being told we've signed a winger :?

i would rather him be a winger, i like pacy wingers, and really hope he can balance the midfield, complementing Devitt on the other side.

Sorry George but that's at least 10 pence worth , and where's Thommo going to fit in . ;)
parceldave

Postby outsider » Sat May 09, 2015 5:45 pm

THE Shrimps have tonight signed Tom Barkhuizen on a two year deal.

The wide man, who had a loan spell with the Shrimps last season has joined the club after being released by Blackpool.

Read more at http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article ... Yb0abe3.99

I thought he was a wide man thats why I put it. Just played more central here when in a 433.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Reading the comments on Twitter after Tom announced he was signing for us, they are disappointed to see him leave and see him as being a wasted talent last season as Clark didn't play him at all hardly.

Pool fans also say quite a lot they are glad he is "going somewhere where they know he will be appreciated."
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 19, 2015 10:49 am

Tom has been offered a new contract with Blackpool! Reading his interview last week though it seems he'd much rather be here.

David Perkins has also been released with Joe Lewis returning to Cardiff after a season loan.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/artic ... 42486.aspx
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:50 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Tom has been offered a new contract with Blackpool! Reading his interview last week though it seems he'd much rather be here.

David Perkins has also been released with Joe Lewis returning to Cardiff after a season loan.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/artic ... 42486.aspx

Blimey - kept 9 and released 22 :o ... do they know it is an 11 a side game?

Waits for the "where's Perky going next" posts
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Super Shrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 am

If Barkhuizen was offered a new contract by Blackpool, as he is only 21, under the Bosman ruling we must have paid compensation to Blackpool (unless they offered him lesser wages than he was already on)...
Super Shrimp

Postby Posh » Tue May 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Super Shrimp wrote:If Barkhuizen was offered a new contract by Blackpool, as he is only 21, under the Bosman ruling we must have paid compensation to Blackpool (unless they offered him lesser wages than he was already on)...

Didn't offer him anything and let him go. Just Blackpool trying it on.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 20, 2015 5:40 am

Super Shrimp wrote:If Barkhuizen was offered a new contract by Blackpool, as he is only 21, under the Bosman ruling we must have paid compensation to Blackpool (unless they offered him lesser wages than he was already on)...

Oyston did a similar thing regarding Matthew Blinkhorn. He offered him a contract knowing he would reject it just so that we would have to pay them compensation for signing him.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed May 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Somebody has probably told the Blackpool chairman that if they offered Barkuizen a contract even if he left they could get some money for him! It was all over the Gazette in Blackpool that they released him, so trying it on now i think! :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Return to General Discussion