Jim Bentley

Jim Bentley

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon May 11, 2015 1:58 pm

The last few days have seen a few managers in our league an the one above lose their jobs. The latest vacancy looks like it'll be the Chesterfield job as Paul Cook seems to be on his way to Pompey. Id Imagine Plymouth will sack Sheridan if they fail to gain promotion too. Wonder if any of these clubs will look to Jimbo who in the coming weeks he's had his critics this season and even people calling for his head but personally I think it would be the worst thing for us not having Jimbo with us next season !
Kendalshrimp

Re: Jim Bentley

Postby Aspers » Thu May 14, 2015 12:55 am

Checking on the BBC this morning and Jim is the current longest serving manager in league 2.
I think he does a great job with limited resources.
Aspers

Postby halftimeresults » Thu May 14, 2015 3:47 am

What about Exeter's manager?
halftimeresults

Postby Aspers » Thu May 14, 2015 4:45 am

Except for Paul Tisdale at Exeter :lol:
Missed that.
Aspers

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu May 14, 2015 9:31 am

care to comment, Neil (CC) ??
:?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 14, 2015 10:02 am

mrpotatohead wrote:care to comment, Neil (CC) ??

Wouldn't that question be better directed at those who have actually posted on SVs and used the words 'Jimbo out'..... :evil:

I think you'll find that I have never used those words or even implied that suggestion.

This all started when I asked the question 'who did we want IF Jimbo left'....as far as I'm concerned that doesn't imply that I want the guy out. If others read into it differently, then I can do nothing about it other than to constantly reiterate that Jimbo is doing a bloody good job given his budget and our clubs location.

Long may he reign.... :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu May 14, 2015 10:44 am

At bury away this season when we was 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go. Some idiots in the crowd were shouting taxi for Bentley an Jimbo out. At the end of the game they was singing his name... Mainly the idiots in fancy dress !
Kendalshrimp

Postby black morse » Thu May 14, 2015 10:46 am

Christies Child wrote:

Wouldn't that question be better directed at those who have actually posted on SVs and used the words 'Jimbo out'..... :evil:

I think you'll find that I have never used those words or even implied that suggestion.

This all started when I asked the question 'who did we want IF Jimbo left'....as far as I'm concerned that doesn't imply that I want the guy out. If others read into it differently, then I can do nothing about it other than to constantly reiterate that Jimbo is doing a bloody good job given his budget and our clubs location.

To put it into perspective whilst many of us have queried Jim's tactics over the past year there were very few (2 or 3?) who actually suggested he should leave and the vast majority of us are very happy with the final league position. I think the team's fortunes will be very uncertain if and when he goes so the longer he stays the better for me.
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu May 14, 2015 10:58 am

ooh,touchy...I merely asked if you cared to comment CC :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby KenH » Thu May 14, 2015 12:08 pm

There's a massive difference between wanting Jim out and occasionally questioning his decisions & tactics. I've been aghast at some of his selections, substitutions and formations this season, but it's never even crossed my mind that he's not the man for the job. I know there have been people criticising the management this season, but I can't remember anyone on here or elsewhere actually wanting Jim out of the door. Jim is fiercely loyal to MFC and in turn, the players, board and fans are loyal to Jim. And long may that last!
KenH

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 pm

KenH wrote:Jim is fiercely loyal to MFC and in turn, the players, board and fans are loyal to Jim. And long may that last!

^^^^^^^^ THIS.

Now. Bring on pre-season. Soon.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby John L » Thu May 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:At bury away this season when we was 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go. Some idiots in the crowd were shouting taxi for Bentley an Jimbo out. At the end of the game they was singing his name... Mainly the idiots in fancy dress !

Touchy...
John L

Postby RedRedWine » Thu May 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Christies Child wrote:

When we were losing away to Dagenham the season before last, you said something along the lines of 'if Jim wasn't the manager of Morecambe, he'd have lost his job a while ago' and suggested that we might need to make a change to stay up. To my mind that implies that you wanted a change of management.

Morecambe subsequently went on to win that game.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby OxshottShrimp » Tue May 19, 2015 11:47 am

I personally think that for the budget he has available, Jimbo does an excellent job at Morecambe. Every year he manages to produce a team on a very tight budget, that has not been in danger of being relegated. Granted we have not looked like going up either, but look at who we are competing against in terms of budgets. Jimbo deserves a chance at a bigger club and it is still outrageous that Chairmen and Owners in the PL and Championship will first look abroad before trying out a young English Manager - it is not as even they can claim them to be better.

Long may Jimbo stay at Morecambe, but I do hope that one day he is given a bigger opportunity as he has earnt it.
OxshottShrimp

Return to General Discussion